Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > What Would You like to see Son of Beast make way for?

What Would You like to see Son of Beast make way for?

Overbanked Overbanked Profile

Posted:
8/9/12 at
4:40:14 PM

In Kings Island, what attraction(s) would you like to see in the future on the land that Son of Beast is on?

I'll be hard pressed to find anyone disagreeing with a solid 160 ft-ish woodie, maybe a Gravity Group hybrid, or Intamin something like El Toro. You most likely will have plenty of room for more attractions, with SOB's enormous footprint.

I can tell you what I would not wanna see, is a Leviathan-like 300 foot Megacoaster, or an Intamin Gigacoaster with Diamondback already there. I'm not terribly sold on the B&M Wingrider concept like alot of people is; That being said, I haven't ridden a Wing Rider yet, and it might surprise the hell outta me, because I've been wrong before of course, as I speculate a lil' bit too much more than I should. :) So what do you think; What you wanna see on the site the SOB will make way for?

Re: What Would You like to see Son of Beast make way for? by Geauga_Dog Geauga_Dog Profile at 8/9/12 6:39:19 PM
What I have always wanted to see, and I've been shot down with the idea on other forums since it appears they are passe now, but a full-circuit B&M invert is sorely lacking in the park. With Invertigo being insanely popular an invert makes sense to me.

If they should go with a new woodie I would like to see a GCI twister. With Racer being an out-an-back and Beast being a large free-form woodie, a wooden twister would complete the lineup.

G-Dog

Re: What Would You like to see Son of Beast make way for? by drachen drachen Profile at 8/9/12 7:20:49 PM
Geauga_Dog said:

What I have always wanted to see, and I've been shot down with the idea on other forums since it appears they are passe now, but a full-circuit B&M invert is sorely lacking in the park. With Invertigo being insanely popular an invert makes sense to me.

If they should go with a new woodie I would like to see a GCI twister. With Racer being an out-an-back and Beast being a large free-form woodie, a wooden twister would complete the lineup.

G-Dog

Exactly my thoughts, G-Dog. Both would be a great fit at the park.

I'll throw this out there. Someone on Facebook mentioned that they've always wanted a park to build large twisted triple racer from GCI. I'm sure they'd jump at the chance to top their Lightning Racer design.

Kings Island certainly has the space for such a large design (and the have the leftover wood for it...). Not likely here though.

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.87 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.57 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28%
Friend me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: What Would You like to see Son of Beast make way for? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 8/9/12 7:52:25 PM
What would I like to see on SOB's site?

Hmmmm...

An operating Son Of Beast.

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: What Would You like to see Son of Beast make way for? by Fatsoccerguy191 Fatsoccerguy191 Profile at 8/9/12 8:38:42 PM
I know a lot of people would want a wing-rider. they could make a new section of the park there, with a new roller coaster, or possibly two. A stand-up and a floorless.
Re: What Would You like to see Son of Beast make way for? by Franchise at 8/9/12 8:39:01 PM
Being that KI is a 3.5 million guest a year park, I would highly doubt they would add a slighly smaller than SOB woodie. Marketability is extremely important for a park with those types of attendance figures, and with the reputation SOB developed it's hard to envision them building anything wooden. It would not be surprising to see Cedar Fair take the same approach as they did with CW and go with the giga, but certainly there's a lot of options.
Re: What Would You like to see Son of Beast make way for? by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 8/9/12 8:55:39 PM
beastmaster said:

What would I like to see on SOB's site?

Hmmmm...

An operating Son Of Beast.

Mike

I feel ya Mike.

Re: What Would You like to see Son of Beast make way for? by d-lo775 d-lo775 Profile at 8/9/12 8:56:21 PM
Geauga_Dog said:

G-Dog

I totally agree with your reasoning of installing a B&M invert. That would be my personal preference and KI could use another high capacity ride. The only downside that I could see to that would be that the suspended and inverted boomerang would all be in the same section of the park.

I really enjoy GCI and GG coasters. But is another wood coaster in that spot really going to help them move away from the stigma that was SoB?

I'd like to have a B&M floorless or multi-looper, but that's probably not gonna happen as long as Vortex is still standing.

Been on both U.S. B&M wing riders and enjoyed both, but there will likely be 3 of them within a 5 hour drive of here by next season. So having one in my home park is not really desirable to me. Yes, there are 3 B&M inverts within that same distance also, but all of those are at least 17 years old. Plus CF isn't likely to build one that would take away from their rumored record breaker at their flagship park.

You can look at my top 10 and see that I like Intiman coasters a lot. However, I also know that they aren't really known for their reliability. Once again, do you really want to replace SoB with something that suffers from frequent down time? Plus B&M track is made about 1/2 hour from the park, so I would think that would help save a couple of million dollars in transportation fees.

A B&M giga would be great, I think, not sure though as I haven't made it to Wonderland this season. Yes, they already have a hyper, but to me that's like saying we have a Long John Silvers in town why would we need a Bonefish Grill. BTW we have neither of those restaurant in Mason, so if any one is looking to open a seafood restaurant I would suggest looking into purchasing land in Mason. 24th best town to live in America and no seafood places WTF....lol

I have no desire for a Wild Mouse, Zac spin or anything else that can't move over 1,000 people through in a hour. Of course, that would be a good way to increase Fast Lane sales.

Re: What Would You like to see Son of Beast make way for? by Geauga_Dog Geauga_Dog Profile at 8/9/12 9:29:11 PM
d-lo775 said:
I'd like to have a B&M floorless or multi-looper, but that's probably not gonna happen as long as Vortex is still standing.

Kings Dominion has Anaconda and Dominator so it is possible to have both in one park. Another large sit-down multi-looper would not be a bad addition since Vortex is 25 years old (and it sure felt like it on my two rides last Saturday).

A B&M giga would be great...

If they were to go the giga route I'd want to see something along the lines of I-305 and not another Beemer. But then again it would be a ride that can't be better than what's at the flagship.

G-Dog

Re: What Would You like to see Son of Beast make way for? by drachen drachen Profile at 8/9/12 10:04:47 PM
Geauga_Dog said:

If they were to go the giga route I'd want to see something along the lines of I-305 and not another Beemer. But then again it would be a ride that can't be better than what's at the flagship.

G-Dog

I love I-305, so I can't say I disagree with you. But I think Cedar Fair (among others) are done with Intamin until they prove that they've gotten their act together, mechanically speaking.

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.87 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.57 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28%
Friend me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: What Would You like to see Son of Beast make way for? by alpengeistno3 at 8/9/12 11:43:31 PM
d-lo775 said:

I totally agree with your reasoning of installing a B&M invert. That would be my personal preference and KI could use another high capacity ride. The only downside that I could see to that would be that the suspended and inverted boomerang would all be in the same section of the park.

There goes that "enthusiast talk" again. GP would not see any similarity between an invert and Top Gun or Face Off. "One goes upside down and one doesn't" "That one goes backwards, those two don't". Dorney had no problem sticking Possessed and Stinger right next to each other and they are both inverted shuttle coasters.

I like the inverted route, but I really don't see any reason KI would avoid another wooden coaster if they thought they could market it somehow. GP is not as stupid as we think they are, so if they build a smaller wooden coaster, it won't take them long to figure out that is not SOB.

Paul

Re: What Would You like to see Son of Beast make way for? by Fatsoccerguy191 Fatsoccerguy191 Profile at 8/10/12 7:48:30 AM
alpengeistno3 said:

d-lo775 said:

There goes that "enthusiast talk" again. GP would not see any similarity between an invert and Top Gun or Face Off. "One goes upside down and one doesn't" "That one goes backwards, those two don't". Dorney had no problem sticking Possessed and Stinger right next to each other and they are both inverted shuttle coasters.

I like the inverted route, but I really don't see any reason KI would avoid another wooden coaster if they thought they could market it somehow. GP is not as stupid as we think they are, so if they build a smaller wooden coaster, it won't take them long to figure out that is not SOB.

Paul

Your right. The guests (Dorney) are probably like, "That one launches you, and on that one you face people."

Re: What Would You like to see Son of Beast make way for? by MABrider MABrider Profile at 8/10/12 1:38:15 PM
This:
http://www.rcdb.com/236.htm?p=319

Mike B.

Mike B.
Re: What Would You like to see Son of Beast make way for? by Great_Ump Great_Ump Profile at 8/10/12 3:30:45 PM
Big Dipper would be an excellent addition to KI, Mike.

I don't like the GCI woodie because GCI's have not aged well at all. Even the coasters that started off with PTCs that now use MF's are rough and not re-rideable.

With the size of that area, it'd be nice to add some water rides over on that side of the park. Coaster wise, I think a Euro Fighter would be an excellent addition to that park.

Joe
Great_Ump

Re: What Would