Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Dad builds coaster for kid in backyard

Dad builds coaster for kid in backyard

mugen828 mugen828 Profile

Posted:
8/7/12 at
2:06:26 PM

http://tumblr.thedailywh.at/post/28914180189/badass-dad-of-the-day-dad-created-a-12-foot-tall#disqus_thread

Check it out! So funny/dangerous haha.

- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: Dad builds coaster for kid in backyard by CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile at 8/7/12 2:58:34 PM
mugen828 said:

http://tumblr.thedailywh.at/post/28914180189/badass-dad-of-the-day-dad-created-a-12-foot-tall#disqus_thread

Check it out! So funny/dangerous haha.

What the heck is dangerous about it? Looks to be very well constructed and built. The kid might weigh 30pds LOL Way cool.

Re: Dad builds coaster for kid in backyard by Fatsoccerguy191 Fatsoccerguy191 Profile at 8/7/12 3:21:50 PM
There is a bunch of things like this now...
Re: Dad builds coaster for kid in backyard by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 8/7/12 6:52:25 PM
I've seen a number of videos of backyard coasters, but that has to be one of the STURDIEST ones I've seen. The little girl sure seemed to be loving it! And why wouldn't she? It looks a helluva lot more fun than Dark Knight! (Go ahead, Joe, I left the door open for ya!)

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Dad builds coaster for kid in backyard by MABrider MABrider Profile at 8/7/12 7:27:53 PM
Very cool!
Lots of hours invested in that, I bet.
Mike B.
Re: Dad builds coaster for kid in backyard by Great_Ump Great_Ump Profile at 8/7/12 9:40:21 PM
beastmaster said:

I've seen a number of videos of backyard coasters, but that has to be one of the STURDIEST ones I've seen. The little girl sure seemed to be loving it! And why wouldn't she? It looks a helluva lot more fun than Dark Knight! (Go ahead, Joe, I left the door open for ya!)

Mike

WAAAAAHHHH

WAAAAAHHHH

WAAAAAHHHH

We got a Wild Mouse when we get a new coaster every two to three years.

WAAAAAHHHH

WAAAAAHHHH

WAAAAAHHHH

Meanwhile 150 miles down the interstate we waited 11 years for a 23 year old ride.

:)

All in good fun.

During the very brief time I spent as a member of ACE they had an article in their magazine a few years ago about a father in Canada who built a backyard wooden coaster

Joe
Great_Ump

Re: Dad builds coaster for kid in backyard by drachen drachen Profile at 8/8/12 12:50:08 AM
As a dad of two little girls that love rides, that video is too cool for words. I wish I was so handy...

Here's the video:

* This post was modified at 8/8/12 12:51:06 AM *

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.87 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.57 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28%
Friend me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Dad builds coaster for kid in backyard by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 8/8/12 1:06:10 AM
I wonder if it's 'smoother' than what Intamin or vekoma builds? lol :)
Re: Dad builds coaster for kid in backyard by NotSo NotSo Profile at 8/8/12 8:22:32 AM
I wonder if she's had a rollback yet. Or a backwards ride. Pretty cool.
Re: Dad builds coaster for kid in backyard by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 8/9/12 2:26:34 PM
I'm curious as to why this particular coaster/video has gotten so much media play. There's dozens of these around the country. As I previously mentioned, this one is very well done. But it's been featured on Yahoo, CNN, and five separate (non-coaster enthusiast) friends have either sent me the link or made me aware of it. To borrow a line from mugen's post on another thread, the internet never ceases to amaze me. Sorry, Kyle. I'll give it back to you Saturday :)

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Dad builds coaster for kid in backyard by drachen drachen Profile at 8/9/12 4:07:48 PM
beastmaster said:

I'm curious as to why this particular coaster/video has gotten so much media play. There's dozens of these around the country.

Perhaps it's due to the fact that this ride was built for his kids, which adds an 'awe, that's sweet...' aspect to it.

Most of the others are built by nerdy enthusiasts with too much time on their hands. No human interest there, right?

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.87 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.57 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28%
Friend me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Dad builds coaster for kid in backyard by Fatsoccerguy191 Fatsoccerguy191 Profile at 8/10/12 9:13:19 AM
drachen said:

As a dad of two little girls that love rides, that video is too cool for words. I wish I was so handy...

Here's the video:

There is a 12- year old boy who made one with his friend, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJuZViLFrFY&feature=player_embedded . There is a steel on that has an inversion here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8O5UvOUY_0&feature=related

* This post was modified at 8/10/12 9:19:48 AM *