Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > TR: Waterville USA 7/27/12

TR: Waterville USA 7/27/12

Overbanked Overbanked Profile

Posted:
8/5/12 at
8:21:34 PM

I left Jacksonville around 4:30 am to start to coast to coast journey starting with Alabama. Driving through Gulf Shores, AL, along the Gulf of Mexico, I was quite impressed how built up the beach area is, as it was lined up miles and miles of nice hotels, condos, and restaurants. I arrived in Waterville USA in Gulf Shores, AL at about 11:30AM. The coaster Cannonball Run opened up at noon, so I killed a lil' time playing some arcade games like Area 51, and Tekken Tag Tournament. I chose to pay $5.50 for two rides (pretty good deal), versus the all day wrist band deal, esp since I had even a longer drive ahead to SFFT.

Cannonball Run: A nice lil' CCI out and back woodie with some nice airtime in the back seats. It's very contrasting from the the front seats, as I didn't feel any air at all up front. It's fairly smooth, although I did have my knee bump on one turn; That happens sometimes with woodies. It has a funky lil' quick turn before the brake run. Although it's a parking lot coaster, it didn't fell like one through most of the course, because of the woodline bordering the coaster.

* This post was modified at 8/22/12 11:24:39 PM *