Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Six Flags Over Texas- Flashback and Texas Chute Out Closing

Six Flags Over Texas- Flashback and Texas Chute Out Closing

jmorin28

Posted:
8/2/12 at
6:38:31 PM

Six Flags Over Texas news. Flashback and Texas Chute Out will close for good on Labor Day weekend. It is confirmed. I don't know how I feel about this. Even with these rides gone, what would go in their place? Still no room for a major coaster.

Re: Six Flags Over Texas- Flashback and Texas Chute Out Closing by drachen drachen Profile at 8/2/12 7:50:05 PM
I guess all of those rumors about SFStL getting the boomerang may be true after all. Boomerangs never die... they just keep moving along.
drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.90 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.55 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28.2%
Find me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Six Flags Over Texas- Flashback and Texas Chute Out Closing by frontrow frontrow Profile at 8/2/12 8:22:25 PM
Both rides take up such a small area of space. I'm very confused on what their strategy is. I'm curious if they plan to put a Windseeker type ride where Texas Chute Out is. Maybe a Zackspin coaster could fit in Flashback's area. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Re: Six Flags Over Texas- Flashback and Texas Chute Out Closing by alpengeistno3 at 8/2/12 8:23:06 PM
...or do you mean "keep coming back"?

:-)

Paul

Re: Six Flags Over Texas- Flashback and Texas Chute Out Closing by drachen drachen Profile at 8/2/12 10:00:26 PM
alpengeistno3 said:

...or do you mean "keep coming back"?

:-)

Paul

Well played...

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.90 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.55 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28.2%
Re: Six Flags Over Texas- Flashback and Texas Chute Out Closing by LoneStar LoneStar Profile at 8/2/12 10:00:34 PM
What?? I hate to see Texas Chute Out go!!! That is a classic! I ride it almost every visit just for nostalgia. Is it the only one left? Does SFGAdv or any other park still have a chute out ride?

I'm no sad to see Flashback go. Boomerangs are all right, but yes, they are a dime a dozen. I rarely ride Flashback on my visits to the park now. But I remember in the early 90s when it, Texas Giant, Shockwave, and Judge were the only "major" coasters in the park. We all thought Flashback was awesome!

As for a replacement, many things could fit - Intamin Zac Spin, Giant Boomerang or Inverted Boomerang (I wish...like that would ever happen).

SFoT does not have a major flat ride, like a giant frisbee. Could that be in the works?

- Pat-O

Re: Six Flags Over Texas- Flashback and Texas Chute Out Closing by drachen drachen Profile at 8/2/12 10:52:32 PM
LoneStar said:

What?? I hate to see Texas Chute Out go!!! That is a classic! I ride it almost every visit just for nostalgia. Is it the only one left? Does SFGAdv or any other park still have a chute out ride?

- Pat-O

Ok, so you'll have to forgive my having not been to SFoT yet. I didn't realize what Texas Chute Out was until I just looked it up. I knew the park had a parachute tower, but I didn't know its name.

What a damn shame. I love this ride at Great Adventure, and that one is now the last one left. What a sad day it will be when Six Flags pulls the plug on that one.

They represent a piece of history in mimicking the old Coney Island version. These Intamin versions have kept a piece of that Coney Island history alive at their current parks. They aren't just rides for me.

Sad news indeed.

drachen
Re: Six Flags Over Texas- Flashback and Texas Chute Out Closing by SirWillow SirWillow Profile at 8/6/12 12:01:34 PM
Sad to see the Chute Out leaving. Those rides are rapidly disappearing- due to age, limited capacity, etc. But it's to bad as they are such a fun, classic ride. It'll be missed.
Re: Six Flags Over Texas- Flashback and Texas Chute Out Closing by Fatsoccerguy191 Fatsoccerguy191 Profile at 8/7/12 9:59:09 AM
I could see Flashback being scraped, unless the SFstL, rumor, which I pray to God is not true. I don't see the point of moving the Boomerang, they are everywhere, just keep it there, they are classical and fun, but that and Vekoma SLC's are the most cloned coasters in the world. I'd be more happy if a Vekoma SLC went into SFstL instead of a Boomerang.