Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Amusement Park- Related Incidents

Amusement Park- Related Incidents

beastmaster beastmaster Profile

Posted:
7/30/12 at
10:57:17 AM

This is just an observation, but we seem to be at that time of year when the reports of incidents at amusement parks seem to bunch up, as often happens. Some years they're pretty scattered, but within the last month, we've seen (sometimes literally:

Teen girl jumping from chairlift at Seaside
Boy hit in face by pigeon on Kingda Ka
Woman with brain aneurysm fatality on Dominator
Tube backup at Mountain Creek
Riders stranded on S:UF at SFDK
Riders stuck on Carowindseeker for 3 hours

Of course, the media will be crying out for new and improved safety guidelines. But the KK and Dominator events had absolutely nothing to do with the ride, and neither did the chairlift..the girl made the decision to jump.

The others? Okay, no fault of the riders, but anytime you get on a ride, you're taking that chance of SOMETHING happening.

Do you think the YouTube-centric society we live in..the fact that anyone can see video of these incidents at any time..will make people warier of participating in activities like these?

I,for one, would not let any of these incidents deter me from riding what I want to ride. I've rode coasters on which people were injured or killed, and never once did that give me pause.

No real question here, just expressing some thoughts .

Mike

* This post was modified at 7/30/12 11:12:32 AM *

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Amusement Park- Related Incidents by frontrow frontrow Profile at 7/30/12 11:00:37 AM
Also add The Windseeker incident.
Re: Amusement Park- Related Incidents by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/30/12 11:13:07 AM
Edited..thanks, Ken.
The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Amusement Park- Related Incidents by kdleader kdleader Profile at 8/13/12 2:10:52 PM
I just came across this today although it happened last month. Didn't see it mentioned in the forum.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2012/07/06/worker-dies-at-montreal-la-ronde-amusement-park.html

article

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.