Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Seaworld San Diego question

Seaworld San Diego question

GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile

Posted:
7/25/12 at
10:32:04 PM

Does anyone know if Sea World has bins for your stuff for the coasters/rides or do you have to rent lockers?

Also, I see the park opens at 9 am - do the rides open then as well or just the exhibits? I see no shows start until 10:30 am but I can't find any info on the rides. Don't know if it's worth getting there early if I can't ride anything yet.

Jen

Re: Seaworld San Diego question by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 7/25/12 10:51:11 PM
I know this is SD and not Orlando*

For Orlando both Kraken and Manta had pay lockers, but they had the smaller bins by the trains. So if you need to drop off small stuff, I'm sure the bins in the station should suffice. Obviously I wouldn't leave anything valuable there just in case someone steals it (which I doubt, but can never be too careful).

Re: Seaworld San Diego question by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/25/12 11:04:49 PM
Cyclone_Phil said:

I know this is SD and not Orlando*

For Orlando both Kraken and Manta had pay lockers, but they had the smaller bins by the trains. So if you need to drop off small stuff, I'm sure the bins in the station should suffice. Obviously I wouldn't leave anything valuable there just in case someone steals it (which I doubt, but can never be too careful).

I saw that there were lockers. I wasn't sure if they had bins if they were the types of bins that change with the cars or a free-for-all.

I was surprised that the locker fees are more than SFGAdv charges - $1.50 for single use. That's a bit much but I realize it's better than someone swiping my good camera. If they had the switching bins I'd be OK with those since only your train has access to them.

Jen

Re: Seaworld San Diego question by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 7/25/12 11:33:56 PM
The only coaster that I saw with the switching bins or locked storage were Gwazi and Sheikra at BGT. SWO had open bins, so probably not ideal for leaving cameras there.
Re: Seaworld San Diego question by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/26/12 10:31:38 AM
Cyclone_Phil said:

The only coaster that I saw with the switching bins or locked storage were Gwazi and Sheikra at BGT. SWO had open bins, so probably not ideal for leaving cameras there.

OK, thanks!

Do you know if the rides open with the park?

Jen

Re: Seaworld San Diego question by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 7/26/12 12:44:48 PM
SeaWorld San Diego has lockers for Manta and you're required to store your belongings, but they are free for a designated period of time.

You can bring your stuff on Journey To Atlantis if it is small and your willing to let it get wet.

Manta opens actually an hour prior to park opening for passholders this summer. When I visited in June all rides except the BaySide SkyRide and Shipwreck Rapids opened at park opening.

Re: Seaworld San Diego question by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/26/12 12:54:02 PM
Eric_Gieszl said:

SeaWorld San Diego has lockers for Manta and you're required to store your belongings, but they are free for a designated period of time.

You can bring your stuff on Journey To Atlantis if it is small and your willing to let it get wet.

Manta opens actually an hour prior to park opening for passholders this summer. When I visited in June all rides except the BaySide SkyRide and Shipwreck Rapids opened at park opening.

Thanks Eric! I thought it was odd that Sea World would charge more than a SF park for single use lockers. That would work just fine. I'll bring a zip-loc bag to protect my camera on the water ride. That's great that the rides open early with the park - I will try and capitalize on that with Manta and then hit some exhibits before the shows start. Going to have to wait until later in the day to ride Journey to Atlantis since I have a date with a penguin at 1:45 pm and don't want to get wet and look horrible for our photo op! 8-)

Jen

Re: Seaworld San Diego question by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/26/12 1:00:26 PM
GoYanks34 said:

I have a date with a penguin at 1:45 pm and don't want to get wet and look horrible for our photo op! 8-)

Jen

Will he be wearing a tuxedo?

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Seaworld San Diego question by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 7/26/12 1:02:26 PM
Jen, you don't get wet on Journey to Atlantis if you sit in rows 3 and 4. It's also not nearly as wet as the one in Orlando for the front row. Word of warning there are quarter blasters.

Lockers in Orlando and San Antonio (was there last night) are $1.00 and are not limited by time, but simply by use.

Re: Seaworld San Diego question by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 7/26/12 2:53:58 PM
The last row (left side) of Atlantis at SWO, I got a bit soaked. Not from the big drop, but from the small drop before going up the lift hill for the roller coaster segment. I forgot about bringing a plastic bag, but somehow my wallet and ipod were both fine (wore jeans, so maybe that helped).

I totally hate those soakers. One time I saw a teen with a whole stack of quarters and just putting in one after another in each soaker. I wished there was a way to soak the soaker back... I don't mind getting splashed, but there should be a limit to how many a single person can use. That is one reason why I just ride Atlantis once and early in the day.

Re: Seaworld San Diego question by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/26/12 9:28:41 PM
beastmaster said:

GoYanks34 said:

I have a date with a penguin at 1:45 pm and don't want to get wet and look horrible for our photo op! 8-)

Jen

Will he be wearing a tuxedo?

Of course! And he'll be ADORABLE! I just have to figure out how to get him out of the park....

Jen

Re: Seaworld San Diego question by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/26/12 9:31:27 PM
Eric_Gieszl said:

Jen, you don't get wet on Journey to Atlantis if you sit in rows 3 and 4. It's also not nearly as wet as the one in Orlando for the front row. Word of warning there are quarter blasters.

Lockers in Orlando and San Antonio (was there last night) are $1.00 and are not limited by time, but simply by use.

That's good to know - might be good to hit that early then to avoid those idiots who will try and ruin my day with the blasters (I hear you Phil - I feel the EXACT same way). I might go on that first before Manta then.

Thanks for the info!

Jen

Re: Seaworld San Diego question by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 7/26/12 9:49:25 PM
Cyclone_Phil said:

One time I saw a teen with a whole stack of quarters and just putting in one after another in each soaker.

I have a love hate relationship with those things. I've been known to go drop a roll of quarters in them before for my amusement and yet I've been caught by surprise once or twice while on a ride when I least wanted it.

I won't bomb people on rides where you wouldn't normally get very wet.