Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Which SF park do you think has to many coasters

Which SF park do you think has to many coasters

Fatsoccerguy191 Fatsoccerguy191 Profile

Posted:
7/25/12 at
8:34:29 PM

Which Six Flags park do you think has too many coasters, and could give one up to another SF park?

Re: Which SF park do you think has to many coasters by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/26/12 7:34:39 AM
Too many coasters? Ain't no such thing, friend. I don't wanna see them removing flats and other coasters to do it, but if they got the room, bring on the zoom.

Mike

* This post was modified at 7/26/12 8:53:50 AM *

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Which SF park do you think has to many coasters by drachen drachen Profile at 7/26/12 9:02:14 AM
beastmaster said:

if they got the room, bring on the zoom.

Mike

Isn't that Six Flags' official motto?

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.90 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.55 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28.2%
Find me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Which SF park do you think has to many coasters by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/26/12 9:07:53 AM
drachen said:

beastmaster said:

if they got the room, bring on the zoom.

Mike

Isn't that Six Flags' official motto?

Not that I know of. I was just showing off my mad poetry skillz ;)

Mikey Gee

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Which SF park do you think has to many coasters by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 7/26/12 12:46:38 PM
Six Flags Magic Mountain and there is such a thing as too many. The park experience doesn't feel well rounded. I'm for quality over quantity.
Re: Which SF park do you think has to many coasters by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 7/26/12 1:04:19 PM
Eric_Gieszl said:

Six Flags Magic Mountain and there is such a thing as too many. The park experience doesn't feel well rounded. I'm for quality over quantity.

I might agree. I am not one for relocating though. I would rather have 6-7 world class coasters, then 3-4 world class and 7 other ones you wouldn't wait more than 15 minutes for.

- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: Which SF park do you think has to many coasters by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 7/26/12 2:45:23 PM
I have to say that BGW, as fantastic as that place is... they could use a few more coasters even if they were smaller (non wild mouse types). As great as riding AC, Ag 10+ times, it does get boring after a while due to repetitiveness.

I love SFGAdv as it is, but even with a whole day I was barely able to get at least a ride on all the coasters there. To me GAdv needs to be done over 2 days to get the most out of it.

But overall, I don't think it's fair to remove coasters from parks. Just add new coasters to the under served/appreciated parks in the chains.

Re: Which SF park do you think has to many coasters by Schrecken Schrecken Profile at 7/26/12 4:53:18 PM
I don't know about too many coasters but I do know parks where there aren't enough flat rides or smaller rides, like SFMM. CP has nearly as many coasters as the biggest SF parks but it has lots of other things to do and a decent variety of flats.

So I'd question why some parks seem to have only coasters and almost no other kind of ride instead of having too many coasters.

Re: Which SF park do you think has to many coasters by Geauga_Dog Geauga_Dog Profile at 7/26/12 6:56:03 PM
Easily SFMM and SFGAdv are mentioned but they are also the flagships on each coast. SFGAm has a large variety as well, but it is also the flagship of the Midwest.

The question should be what ride should be moved to another park? Great Adventure's Bizarro was rumored to be relocated earlier this year. While Scream seems to be a coaster not many care for at SFMM I'm sure it would be a huge hit somewhere else.

I highly agree with Eric. Give me quality over quantity and that's one of the reasons BGW excels in my book.

Not to get off topic but what CF park has too many coasters? CP would, of course, be number one but they are finally starting to whittle down their lesser ridden rides in the name of progress. Kings Island, Kings Dominion and Canada's Wonderland also have a large collection of coasters but CF doesn't do the ride rotation program.

G-Dog

Re: Which SF park do you think has to many coasters by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 7/26/12 8:33:59 PM
With how small/short a bunch of KD's coasters are, I don't think there's anything that needs to go. KD needs a few more 'big' coasters like I305 and Dominator before they need to move even avalanche or shockwave. So KD is actually perfect as it is and has a nice collection of flat rides.

GAdv could use more flat rides and more attractions on the batman area of the park.

* This post was modified at 7/26/12 8:40:49 PM *

Re: Which SF park do you think has to many coasters by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 7/26/12 9:31:17 PM
Busch Gardens Williamsburg is a great example and so is Busch Gardens Tampa. I love both of these parks. Hersheypark is another great park.

The loss of the Log Jammer for another roller coaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain is really disappointing. I'd of rather seen Colossus, Riddler's Revenge or Goldrusher go. I'm also ready to part ways with Revolution unless the park wants to get serious and fix the restraints and trains. If not, it may as well go.

Re: Which SF park do you think has to many coasters by Fatsoccerguy191 Fatsoccerguy191 Profile at 7/26/12 10:04:03 PM
I think SFGam has a lot...They also have had a lot removed too. SFGam, GAdv., and MM are SF's spoiled theme parks, mainly SFGam and SFMM though.
Re: Which SF park do you think has to many coasters by looper77 at 7/26/12 11:12:49 PM
Eric_Gieszl said:

I've always felt that about SFMM, but now more than ever. If you went with a family and there were some that didn't like coasters, there would be hardly anything else to do. Heck, I myself like to try out other interesting rides besides coasters, of which SFMM has very few good flats or non-coaster rides. For the most part, the park is looking good, but there are some parts that feel abandoned or that haven't been refurbished since 1971.

Kings Island is about as old as SFMM, not to mention that SFOT and SFOG are older and they don't seem to have the same rundown
feeling that parts of SFMM have...

SFMM is very unbalanced with it's rides and desperately could use a 5-10 flat ride package. At least a Top Spin and a Giant Frisbee! But honestly, they need more flats.