Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Six Flags St. Louis rumored to get SFOT's Flashback?!?!

Six Flags St. Louis rumored to get SFOT's Flashback?!?!

Tomes

Posted:
7/23/12 at
2:50:35 PM

This is an angry thread.. Lol. Well, kind of.

But seriously - as the amusement park industry evolves and parks, including ones the Six Flags chain, receive revolutionary roller coasters that are ground-breaking and record-breaking, with state-of-the-art technology, Six Flags St. Louis is rummored to get a Vekoma Boomerang as its 2013 ride.

Really, I could just stop right there and my point will have come through. But I just can't resist the urge to elaborate about how much this pisses me off. As a matter of fact, if that's what they are getting for their 2013 season, I will personally NOT visit the park again until they build something good. I will also try to convince my friends to do the same (not that it will work, but whatever).

Granted, this is JUST A RUMOR at this point, and I will completely take it back if and when it turns out that it's a false rumor. but I have just about given up on the park altogether. I mean, I was JUST praising them last week for their decision with Mr. Freeze, and I like that they added the Bonzai slides, but it will be an insult for them to install a Vekoma Boomerag and then advertise it as NEW FOR 2013!!. Can you imagine the TV commercials trying to make it look really exciting? "Get lifted backwards 116 feet and then plunge down into three intense upside-down spins before repeating the whole experience, IN REVERSE!" F***...

Not to mention that they JUST reversed Mr. Freeze so you get launched backwards and then guess what.. you do the whole thing in reverse.. (which is now facing forward).

You know, even if they brought in a Vekoma Giant Inverted Boomerang I'd be excited. Not to mention all the technologies that have passed by without making an appearance at SFSTL like the hyper coaster, stand-up, Floorless, Hydraulic launch, Blitz, flying, many-inversion designs (10-12), Eurofighter, or even Intamin's Mega-Light designs, just to name a few..

If they resort to adding a 1989 Vekoma boomerang it will be a spit in the face, and I will personally not attend the park anymore, like I mentioned, until they add something less insulting.

Re: Six Flags St. Louis rumored to get SFOT's Flashback?!?! by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 7/23/12 4:00:11 PM
I whole heatedly agree with you, 100%. The thing that sucks...is that people like me and you, are NOT the target audience of their park. It's ironic, but the people who love amusement parks, rides, the technology and theming behind them, ect, are enthusiasts of an industry that are enthusiasts of us, but rather the GENERAL public's dollar.

As a business, if they can bring in a ride that could be advertised as a "New" attraction and make more money, rather then saving for another year towards a Hyper coaster, then they would probably do it.

It sucks, I agree with everything you said. It just sucks to think that what you said would happen. It's like we are car enthusiasts, yet the manufacturer doesn't take into account what we would want, because they want the car to appeal to more people.

- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: Six Flags St. Louis rumored to get SFOT's Flashback?!?! by Fatsoccerguy191 Fatsoccerguy191 Profile at 7/23/12 4:39:28 PM
Lol, I think you have it wrong. Six Flags St. Louis will possibly be receiving a new Vekoma Inverted Booomerang Coaster (Invertigo) instead, not the boomerang. In my opinion the park already has a shuttle coaster, so they don't need another one,even if it is an Invertigo, or a standard Boomerang, they deserve better. In my opinion, If any Six Flags park , Six Flags Great Adventure could take the Invertigo, because Six Flags America already had one,and almost every Six Flags park has had or has some form of a Boomerang. If SFOT took down Flashback, I could see it being scrapped.I think whoever rumored Flashback going to SFstL is looney. Even if it were to go to SFstL, I think it wouldn't be that bad, because most people aren't coaster enthusiasts like us, so they would be most likely be appealed to the boomerang anyway, so it could be good in some ways.
Re: Six Flags St. Louis rumored to get SFOT's Flashback?!?! by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 7/23/12 5:37:37 PM
^^^Where did you hear the Invertigo rumor from? The rumor from screamscape is that SFSTL might get the regular boomerang Flashback from SFOT.

www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_st__louis.htm

* This post was modified at 7/23/12 5:48:23 PM *

Re: Six Flags St. Louis rumored to get SFOT's Flashback?!?! by Fatsoccerguy191 Fatsoccerguy191 Profile at 7/23/12 5:47:42 PM
Guests at SfstL were surveyed on a possible new 2013 attraction. A) A Zamperla Disc Ride, B) A Vekoma Invertigo, and C), a ZacSpin Intamin Coaster.
Re: Six Flags St. Louis rumored to get SFOT's Flashback?!?! by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 7/23/12 5:53:04 PM
^^^That was the older rumor about a month ago (6/25/12). The latest rumor (7/23/12)is mentioning Flashback. With that being said, of course nothing is set in stone, as these are just rumors.
Re: Six Flags St. Louis rumored to get SFOT's Flashback?!?! by Tomes at 7/23/12 7:25:42 PM
Trust me, I also don't think they need another shuttle coaster, but unfortunately it's not about what we think.. SFGam had V2 and Deja Vu at the same time, and with Batman they had 3 inverts, 2 "shuttles"..

I know that they're doing whatever they want to attract people, but if they want to INCREASE their attandance they have to do something drastic that will pull people from farther away. With the lack of parks in the 1-2 hour vacinity, they are already pulling in the local crowds. To increase revenue they need to extend their market - how do you extend the market? You build something that will make peole drive a couple hours just because they heard about it and it looks cool or breaks some records.

St. Louis's business model is not very smart, to just barely keep the local market entertained enough to come back 1nce or 2wice a year. Imagine they built a giga coaster. BOOM. All of the sudden thrill lovers, both "enthusiests" like us and regular people will flock to St. Louis, just like the world flocks to Cedar Point and SFMM. Just about everyone I talk to has either been to or has heard of and wants to go to Cedar Point in Ohio.

Back to the point - If that's their next move it sucks, and I'm going to make a big point of it wherever I can.

Re: Six Flags St. Louis rumored to get SFOT's Flashback?!?! by Geauga_Dog Geauga_Dog Profile at 7/23/12 9:18:40 PM
To put a standard boomerang at SFStL would be the worst thing they could add to that park and I like Vekoma boomerangs. If they could have held off and waited to move Deja Vu to St. Louis instead of SFNE then I wouldn't have a problem with that.

What is the yearly attendance at SFStL? Isn't it high enough to justify a large investment every once in a while? Their last big ride, in scope and size, was The Boss in 2000.

Come on, Six Flags, go big at St. Louis and sell Flashback if you need to remove it from Texas. I'm sure there's some small or mid-sized park out there that would love to have a big ride like that in their park.

G-Dog

Re: Six Flags St. Louis rumored to get SFOT's Flashback?!?! by Fatsoccerguy191 Fatsoccerguy191 Profile at 7/24/12 5:32:54 PM
Overbanked said:

^^^Where did you hear the Invertigo rumor from? The rumor from screamscape is that SFSTL might get the regular boomerang Flashback from SFOT.

The Survey is still at the bottom of the page. Nothing about a Boomerang....

Re: Six Flags St. Louis rumored to get SFOT's Flashback?!?! by Fatsoccerguy191 Fatsoccerguy191 Profile at 7/24/12 10:41:04 PM
Fatsoccerguy191 said:

Overbanked said:

The Survey is still at the bottom of the page. Nothing about a Boomerang....

Ohh...nevermind, i found it!!, I think it would be highly ridiculous if the park installed a Vekoma BOOMERANG in their park.The park used all their persuasive words on Mr. Freeze Reverse Blast already, what are they going to say for this shuttle coaster?,lol. I can just imagine Six Flags saying, "Take a seat on this "new" dare-devil that lifts you very high in the air, and takes you through a corkscrew, crap!, I mean Cobra Roll, who cares, and then go through a super loop!!!, then do it all again... backwards!! ",lol....if they have a preview day for a Boomerang, I will laugh. This park does not need another shuttle coaster, it needs a flying coaster. Six Flags Great America, and Magic Mountain are the spoiled Six Flags parks, they get a new coaster like every year. Every other park usually gets some other Six Flags park's used coaster.. Like Deja Vu from SFMM went to SFNE, and SFGAm's Iron Wolf went to SFA, and Chang from former SFKK was sent to SFGAdv. SFKK's Wild Mouse was relocated to SFNE, to many to count... Six Flags Great America got a wing coaster, why cann't the other Sf parks?, but then again GP may have something to do with it. Another thing that weird's me otu is that All the Sf parks in Texas have a Vekoma Standard Boomerang Coaster. ( Boomerang at SFFT, Flashback at SFOT which according to Screamscape is rumored to be removed). The people in Texas that go to both Sf parks might not find it excited that they found the same ride that was in the other park in the same state. They should only have a Boomerang at one of the Sf parks in Texas...I'm with you on your campaign of no visiting SFstL if they get the Boomerang. It's about time with put some knowledge into their minds.

Re: Six Flags St. Louis rumored to get SFOT's Flashback?!?! by Great_Ump Great_Ump Profile at 7/25/12 10:44:31 AM
I feel your pain and completely understand where you are coming from.

Being that my homepark is SFA, we didn't have any new major additions to the park over an 11 year period of time only to receive Iron Wolf.

It's a slap in the face completely.

I vowed last year not to go to SFA until they built a new coaster and now I may never go back.

SFA has removed more flats than any other operating back hands down.

I can relate to how you feel.

I'd much rather drive through DC, go an extra hour and a half, spend more money and get a better experience, better service, and more enjoyable time at KD than go to SFA.

I guess living in St Louis you don't have other options nearby though?

Joe
Great_Ump

Re: Six Flags St. Louis rumored to get SFOT's Flashback?!?! by Tomes at 7/25/12 11:24:25 AM
Not really..

SFGam is about 5.5 hours away
Holiday World is about 4 hours away
WoF (which I've never been to, and doesn't attract me that much) is like 4 hours away
Silver Dollar City (which I may visit when Outlaw opens) is about 3-4 hours away...

About SFA - Yes, I also join your thoughts about this.. As a matter of fact, last year my friends and I did an "East Coast Coaster Trip" where we started out at BGW then to KD and wanted to end our tip with SFGAdv. We had one day in the middle to break the drive, so originally we thought we would just go ahead and use our season passes to go to SFA. But after doing some more planning, we decided that it was worth the drive and the money to skip SFA and drive through Hershey, PA to experience HersheyPark instead. I think they have much more to offer. The one thing I've never experienced that SFA has is the Vekoma Flying Duchman..

Re: Six Flags St. Louis rumored to get SFOT's Flashback?!?! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/25/12 12:46:31 PM
Tomes said:
The one thing I've never experienced that SFA has is the Vekoma Flying Duchman..

I had a brain freeze reading that. I don't think I'd ever seen the term "Flying Dutchman" as it relates to a flying coaster. A ghost ship, yeah.

As I mentioned on another thread, I prefer the Vekoma flyers to B&M, and Batwing is my favorite (OK, out of two, so not a big sample size.) But I haven't been on Manta.

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Six Flags St. Louis rumored to get SFOT's Flashback?!?! by Tomes at 7/25/12 1:40:35 PM
Haha! I think that's the name of that model:
http://rcdb.com/8286.htm

But anyway, yeah it looks like fun. If St. Louis received one of those I'd be ecstatic!!

For the record - the Superman UFs SUCK! You have to ride Tatsu, or even better-Manta, to really experience B&M flyers.

Re: Six Flags St. Louis rumored to get SFOT's Flashback?!?! by Fatsoccerguy191 Fatsoccerguy191 Profile at 7/25/12 8:10:47 PM
Great_Ump said:

I feel your pain and completely understand where you are coming from.

Being that my homepark is SFA, we didn't have any new major additions to the park over an 11 year period of time only to receive Iron Wolf.

It's a slap in the face completely.

I vowed last year not to go to SFA until they built a new coaster and now I may never go back.

SFA has removed more flats than any other operating back hands down.

I can relate to how you feel.

I'd much rather drive through DC, go an extra hour and a half, spend more money and get a better experience, better service, and more enjoyable time at KD than go to SFA.

I guess living in St Louis you don't have other options nearby though?

Joe
Great_Ump

SFA is also my home-park. Iron Wolf ain't pullin' it. My favorite coaster was the Two-face, but they took it down. I want to cry every time I go to SFA and see Two-Face's old station, old spot, still in a hot mess. It's starting to be not even a hot mess anymore. I get the season pass because it's the only theme park close to where I live. They really need to fill the holes in SFA.

Re: Six Flags St. Louis rumored to get SFOT's Flashback?!?! by Fatsoccerguy191 Fatsoccerguy191 Profile at 7/25/12 8:13:41 PM
Tomes said:

Not really..

SFGam is about 5.5 hours away
Holiday World is about 4 hours away
WoF (which I've never been to, and doesn't attract me that much) is like 4 hours away
Silver Dollar City (which I may visit when Outlaw opens) is about 3-4 hours away...

About SFA - Yes, I also join your thoughts about this.. As a matter of fact, last year my friends and I did an "East Coast Coaster Trip" where we started out at BGW then to KD and wanted to end our tip with SFGAdv. We had one day in the middle to break the drive, so originally we thought we would just go ahead and use our season passes to go to SFA. But after doing some more planning, we decided that it was worth the drive and the money to skip SFA and drive through Hershey, PA to experience HersheyPark instead. I think they have much more to offer. The one thing I've never experienced that SFA has is the Vekoma Flying Duchman..

If you didn't ride Batwing your not missing much,lol. It's not that fun anymore.I don't know why the line is always so long.

Re: Six Flags St. Louis rumored to get SFOT's Flashback?!?! by Fatsoccerguy191 Fatsoccerguy191 Profile at 7/25/12 8:23:59 PM
Tomes said:

Haha! I think that's the name of that model:
http://rcdb.com/8286.htm

But anyway, yeah it looks like fun. If St. Louis received one of those I'd be ecstatic!!

For the record - the Superman UFs SUCK! You have to ride Tatsu, or even better-Manta, to really experience B&M flyers.

That's what I mentioned in my comments about the park gives every other park besides SFMM and SFGam used coasters. SFstL could really really use a flying coaster. Even though SFA is my home park, I think if SF is going to give SFstL a used coaster, it should be Batwing from SFA. I would sacrifice that ride for you guys. You guys need it more than we do!!!, then SFI could replace SFA's Batwing with a Floor less coaster. They could also put a Intamin ZacSpin in Two-Face's old spot, becuase the spot was not very large, it barely fit a Vekoma Invertigo. I was always smushed whenever I waited in line for Two-Face. The station was small, so the line always stretched outside of it, and then the loop would be super close to you, and would be noisy whenever the train ran down it. A Zacspin would be great for Two-Face's old Spot thoguh.

Re: Six Flags St. Louis rumored to get SFOT's Flashback?!?! by McCloud11 at 4/25/13 5:49:57 PM
Hey...
So my first impression was (I go to SFOT)
"GRRR I can't believe SOFT is getting MY Vekoma Boomerang... which I felt for a second, but my second thought was "oh I feel bad for SFSTL I mean seriously a 1989 Vekoma Boomerang? You could have at least been given an inverted one or something". In advanced I'd like to tell you it sucks and hurts you and mostly what your paying attention to is the seat in front of you because you can't think because it jerks you SOOOO MUCH! You are getting new cars though, i'm not sure if they are OTS but if they are you are going to die. :) :)