Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Tonight's Lineup On Insane Coaster Wars

Tonight's Lineup On Insane Coaster Wars

beastmaster beastmaster Profile

Posted:
7/22/12 at
5:29:55 PM

Travel Channel at 9pm:

Featured Coasters: Kraken at Sea World Orlando, FL; Wild Eagle at Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, TN; Hydra the Revenge at Dorney Park in Allentown, PA; Vortex at Kings Island in Mason, OH.

Although I've only been on Hydra and Vortex, my money would be on Kraken to win (if I had any, that is...)

Truth to tell, I'm looking forward most to seeing the footage of Wild Eagle.

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Tonight's Lineup On Insane Coaster Wars by RobLec RobLec Profile at 7/22/12 6:33:02 PM
beastmaster said:
Truth to tell, I'm looking forward most to seeing the footage of Wild Eagle.

Ditto, though I do have a fondness for Vortex, but it's had its glory days.

Re: Tonight's Lineup On Insane Coaster Wars by frontrow frontrow Profile at 7/29/12 5:17:02 PM
New episode tonight at 9:00. Intimadator, Kinda Ka, Diamond Back, and Millennium Force are featured. I didn't get to watch last week, I was busy chasing drunks away at Motel 6 in Williamsburg VA. Lucky they are airing last weeks show at 9:30.
Re: Tonight's Lineup On Insane Coaster Wars by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/29/12 5:40:21 PM
frontrow said:

New episode tonight at 9:00. Intimadator, Kinda Ka, Diamond Back, and Millennium Force are featured. I didn't get to watch last week, I was busy chasing drunks away at Motel 6 in Williamsburg VA. Lucky they are airing last weeks show at 9:30.

Which Intimidator?

Re: Tonight's Lineup On Insane Coaster Wars by frontrow frontrow Profile at 7/29/12 5:49:23 PM
beastmaster said:

frontrow said:

Which Intimidator?

The one in Carowinds.

Re: Tonight's Lineup On Insane Coaster Wars by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/29/12 6:00:22 PM
frontrow said:

beastmaster said:

frontrow said:

Which Intimidator?

The one in Carowinds.

That's my second favorite one! :)

I'm not gonna predict which one will "win" bacause that's folly when the voting is done by on-line participants. But, having been on all of tonight's "candidates," I rank them thusly:

1. Millennium Force
2. Intimidator
3. Kingda Ka
4. Diamondback

Before this year, those last two would have been reversed, but I've had a few REALLY good rides on KK the last two years, and have come to like it more, especially in the front seat. I need a night ride, though. Maybe on August 11th, while Pat Benatar is breaking hearts and hitting with her best shot several hundreds of yards away.

Mike

* This post was modified at 7/29/12 6:16:51 PM *

Re: Tonight's Lineup On Insane Coaster Wars by frontrow frontrow Profile at 7/29/12 6:26:20 PM
I've been on all 4 and I would rank those 4 the exact same way you did.
Re: Tonight's Lineup On Insane Coaster Wars by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 7/29/12 6:54:06 PM
frontrow said:

The one in Carowinds.

That's a shame... I'd love to see how I-305 fared against MF. Same for TTD vs KK.

I wonder which idiot puts these coasters against eash other? The line ups make no sense. They should've had: Nitro, I232, D-Back, AC in the same category. S:Krypton, Medusa/Bizzaro, Kraken, Dominator would've been in another episode.

But that's just me ranting.. carry on.

Re: Tonight's Lineup On Insane Coaster Wars by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/29/12 7:06:04 PM
Cyclone_Phil said:

frontrow said:

The one in Carowinds.

That's a shame... I'd love to see how I-305 fared against MF. Same for TTD vs KK.

I wonder which idiot puts these coasters against eash other? The line ups make no sense. They should've had: Nitro, I232, D-Back, AC in the same category. S:Krypton, Medusa/Bizzaro, Kraken, Dominator would've been in another episode.

But that's just me ranting.. carry on.

NITRO was not featured on any of the episodes..and that just ain't right.

Mike

Mike

* This post was modified at 7/29/12 7:08:49 PM *

Re: Tonight's Lineup On Insane Coaster Wars by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/29/12 9:36:21 PM
Well, the good news is I finally saw a rollback on Kingda Ka.

Anyone wanna guess the bad news?

Mike

Re: Tonight's Lineup On Insane Coaster Wars by RobLec RobLec Profile at 7/29/12 9:53:14 PM
I didn't get to see tonight's program. Hopefully I have it on our DVR at home but right now we're in Fla on vacation and Travel Chan is not available to us. I'm guessing Diamondback wasn't the winner (I certainly wouldn't vote for it). Hopefully it was more like MF?
Re: Tonight's Lineup On Insane Coaster Wars by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/29/12 10:14:14 PM
RobLec said:

I didn't get to see tonight's program. Hopefully I have it on our DVR at home but right now we're in Fla on vacation and Travel Chan is not available to us. I'm guessing Diamondback wasn't the winner (I certainly wouldn't vote for it). Hopefully it was more like MF?

MF was indeed the "winner." I'm not sure if I voted for this episode, but it would get my vote. Hope you're having a blast in the Sunshine State, Rob!

Mike