Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Mr. Freeze: Reverse Blast

Mr. Freeze: Reverse Blast

Tomes

Posted:
7/17/12 at
12:35:01 PM

I just didn't happen to see a thread about this, so I wanted to start one and share the experience and compare thoughts.

I personally think the Reverse Blast was a genius idea! Granted, it wasn't super original after the success of the escape from Krypton, but it's still awesome!
Getting launched backwards at 70mph is really freaking cool, as is the sudden intense pull upwards into the inverted top-hat element. Then ou go through the cutback element and into the 215ft tall vertical section, where you are facing downards and seeing the ground getting further and further away (as you do on things like Vertical Velocity and Escape from Krypton). This part is especially fun all the way in the back, which is also obviously the car that goes up the highest. Then you plunge back down ~200ft and repeat everything facing foward. I'd give this update an A+

Overall ride experience of reverse blast: 8!! (At least in the back car)
Intensity: 7.5

Actually, at least for the one in St. Louis I take back 2 points from the overall experience, because the AC in the queue building doesn't work and it's F****NG MISERABLE in there. Hot, still air and smell of sweat. Ew.
But besides that - it's awesome!

Any agreements or disagreements?

~Tomes

Re: Mr. Freeze: Reverse Blast by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/17/12 12:40:48 PM
I didn't know they were doing the Reverse Blast in St. Louis. I thought it was just Texas.

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Mr. Freeze: Reverse Blast by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 7/17/12 2:46:01 PM
Both parks are doing it. I agree the experience is great. I rode the one in Texas a couple of weeks ago and was really impressed. It's funny how a change of travel direction can really improve a ride.
Re: Mr. Freeze: Reverse Blast by frontrow frontrow Profile at 7/17/12 3:15:50 PM
I rode both Mr. Freeze coasters in 2001. Both were walk ons, with the one in Texas being a bit smoother. Last month we revisited Six Flags St. Louis. At midday we waited 45 minutes for Mr. Freeze. The ride was better backwards. Apparently the GP agrees. The only coaster that had a line that size was The Boss. Six Flags St. Louis rejuvenated this coaster just by turning the train around. One more thing to add, the trains on Mr Freeze at St. Louis received a new paint scheme, which looks really nice.
Re: Mr. Freeze: Reverse Blast by Tomes at 7/17/12 7:47:13 PM
I'd trade in that paint job for working AC inside the queue building.. :-)
Re: Mr. Freeze: Reverse Blast by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/17/12 10:44:37 PM
I wanna go! I have never had a backwards launch and as the self proclaimed "Queen of launches" I must have that experience!

Anyone know if this is a permanent thing or are they just doing it this year?

Jen

Re: Mr. Freeze: Reverse Blast by theRock-steel theRock-steel Profile at 7/18/12 6:20:48 AM
These two are amoung my favorites. When I first heard that they were going to go backwards, I didn't think that I was going to like them as much. Being pushed up the back arms of Wicked Twister / Possessed / Vertical Velocity is the best part. Seeing the ground get so far away and then dropping like a rock to it is a killer. This should rock. Great job Six Flags.
The heat in the buildings is nuts. Both towns reached around 110 degrees this summer. Even a small overall of 1990's trains is a good idea. They looked a little dirty even in 2009 and 2010 when I rode them last.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.