Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Real Time Coaster Survey III

Real Time Coaster Survey III

beastmaster beastmaster Profile

Posted:
7/14/12 at
5:13:59 AM

I've done this survey a coupla times in the past and it generated a pretty good response.

It's very simple:

!. What was the last coaster you rode?

2. What will likely be the next coaster you ride?

Me?

Last..Twister, Knoebels

Next..Kingda Ka or El Toro next Wednesday

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Real Time Coaster Survey III by theRock-steel theRock-steel Profile at 7/14/12 5:56:53 AM
Last: Kraken (one of my favorites)

Next: Verbolten (from what I have heard, it should be very good)

Re: Real Time Coaster Survey III by drachen drachen Profile at 7/14/12 8:49:06 AM
Last: Jack Rabbit at Seabreeze

Next: Grover's Vapor Trail at Sesame Place

I'm a little embarrassed to say that, but we're taking the kids on Tuesday, and I'm sure I'll be riding it with my oldest.

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.87 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.57 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28%
Friend me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Real Time Coaster Survey III by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 7/14/12 10:07:20 AM
^^^You're all good riding with the kids, that's cool.

Now I didn't have an excuse to attempt to ride a kiddie coaster, because my last coaster was gonna be Shamu's Express, I was behind the gates ready to load and everything, but a thunderstorm caused the ride to close, saving me the embarrassment at the same time LOL. I guess there's an unwritten rule, if you pay over 100 dollars just between parking, and admission, you get to ride any damn thing that you want. :)

Last: Kraken (just like theRock-steel)

Next: Where ever the wind blows; If a go west first, it could be Cannonball Run at Waterville; If I go north, it could be Intimidator AKA Carotim. :)

* This post was modified at 7/14/12 5:38:05 PM *

Re: Real Time Coaster Survey III by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 7/14/12 10:43:46 AM
Last: Sheikra

Next: Hopefully either Dominator or Volcano.

As for kiddie coasters, I'll only ride those now if I'm with some other folks, I'm not riding it solo ;)

Re: Real Time Coaster Survey III by MABrider MABrider Profile at 7/14/12 1:53:46 PM
Last: Great White, Morey's Piers (July 8)

Next: something at Canada's Wonderland (Sept 15)*

* never been there, will be the ACE "Rollercoaster's Eh?" event, so all depends on the lay of the land and the schedule and whomever I may be with

Mike B.
Re: Real Time Coaster Survey III by alpengeistno3 at 7/14/12 3:19:19 PM
Last- I-305

Next- ? I'm going to BGE after church, so it totally depends on the crowds. May do Loch Ness if it is not too long.

Paul

Re: Real Time Coaster Survey III by drachen drachen Profile at 7/14/12 4:57:28 PM
MABrider said:

I remember you saying last year that you had never been to Wildwood or Morey's Piers... Sounds like you made it! I'd love to hear what you thought of the place.

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.87 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.57 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28%
Re: Real Time Coaster Survey III by frontrow frontrow Profile at 7/14/12 5:33:31 PM
Last: Big Dipper at Camden Park

Next: Skyrush at Hershey or Griffon at BGVA

Re: Real Time Coaster Survey III by chris92se chris92se Profile at 7/14/12 6:24:02 PM
Last -- Medusa (Six Flags Discovery Kingdom)

Next -- ?? I have no idea. Need to save up for another vacation. It will be something in California or with any luck Cedar Point.

Re: Real Time Coaster Survey III by gvlaker27 gvlaker27 Profile at 7/14/12 7:13:30 PM
Last: Shivering Timbers
Next: Magnum or Raptor, depending on which side of CP we park.
Re: Real Time Coaster Survey III by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/14/12 8:10:29 PM
Last: Sky Rush Hershey and still paying for it!

Next either KK or ET SFGAdv with Mike on Wed!

Jen

Re: Real Time Coaster Survey III by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/14/12 9:29:00 PM
GoYanks34 said:

Jen

Flip you for it. Or we can always do rock/paper/scissors like we did at Hershey..

Re: Real Time Coaster Survey III by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/14/12 10:15:47 PM
beastmaster said:

GoYanks34 said:

Jen

Flip you for it. Or we can always do rock/paper/scissors like we did at Hershey..

LOL! I actually don't mind doing ET first since I'll get more "wees" if I ride it before KK and we can get multiple rides early which will never happen on KK. Only down side is the KK line will be longer hitting it a little later but as long as my man doesn't break down it moves fast. (If he so much as pauses when I'm on line again I think we're going to need counseling in order to keep our relationship intact!)

Jen

Re: Real Time Coaster Survey III by Judy_P_in_Pgh Judy_P_in_Pgh Profile at 7/15/12 4:11:48 PM
*******GoYanks34 said:
Last: Sky Rush Hershey and still paying for it!*******

JudyP said: I've NEVER taken photos of coaster-related bruises, but I did this time! That way, if I ever decide to do it again, I 'll have a reminder to wear some sort of leg pads!

*******Next either KK or ET SFGAdv with Mike on Wed!

Jen

Flip you for it. Or we can always do rock/paper/scissors like we did at Hershey..**********

JudyP said: There will be NO flipping. You know his legs are on autopilot to go straight to El Toro. As for rock/paper/scissors at Hershey ... I missed out on that. I just got dragged from one place to another ;) although I have to admit that I didn't mind the hour's-worth of night rides on Lightning Racer.

As for Mike's last ride(s) on Twister at Knoebel's, I'm surprised one of us didn't end up with broken ribs. It kind of reminded me of the fun-filled beatings we took a few years ago on Boulderdash.

Back on topic ...

Last coaster for me - 12 laps in 1 hour on Diamondback without leaving the station. Gotta love that CF Platinum Pass for early morning rides! Even better, though, were this trip's multiple moonless night rides on The Beast. Now I'm agonizing over my top 10 list again.

Next coaster - something at Kennywood on Wed. I guarantee you we'll finish up that day with night rides on T-Bolt.

It's been a GREAT coaster season for me. I'm actually going coasterless for 4 days. Anyone want to help me clean out my mom's basement and lay new carpeting? Ugh!

Re: Real Time Coaster Survey III by cellocoasterdude cellocoasterdude Profile at 7/16/12 9:35:01 AM
Ok, if kiddie coasters count then the Fish Coaster at Tokyo Disney Sea.

Otherwise it would be either SD2K or White Cyclone. I don't remember, there was a little extra time for me to meet my family so I took some extra rides on White Cyclone. I am pretty sure we wrapped the day up on SD2K though. It was the best either of us remember it riding, an airtime monster! That was 12/27 last year, so the coaster riding has been a bit dry for us.

Next will likely be the NM Rattler, leaving in about two weeks. If I'm lucky, my friend will go with me to Fuji-Q Highland on my birthday next weekend and it might be Takabisha. As much as I love the coasters at FJQH, the lines are killers and the weather has been brutal lately.

-Tim

Re: Real Time Coaster Survey III by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/16/12 10:01:19 AM
Happy Birthday in advance, Tim!

Mike

Re: Real Time Coaster Survey III by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 7/16/12 11:57:19 AM
1. Last coaster - El Toro (June 16th) SFGAdv. (It's been farrr tooooo longggg! :(

2. Either Skyrush or Superman at SFGA. Hershey or SFGA are going to be the park I hit up my next free weekend :)

- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: Real Time Coaster Survey III by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/16/12 12:10:07 PM
mugen828 said:

1. Last coaster - El Toro (June 16th) SFGAdv. (It's been farrr tooooo longggg! :(

Try May 6th...THEN tell me June 16th is "far too long" :)

I haven't even been on Windseeker Jr...I mean SkyScreamer..yet.

Mike

Re: Real Time Coaster Survey III by kdleader kdleader Profile at 7/16/12 12:12:20 PM
Last - Twister @ Knoebels
Next - either Skyliner @ Lakemont or Crazy Mouse @ Delgrosso (not sure which park I'll stop at first)
Re: Real Time Coaster Survey III by MABrider MABrider Profile at 7/16/12 5:47:57 PM
drachen said:

MABrider said:

I remember you saying last year that you had never been to Wildwood or Morey's Piers... Sounds like you made it! I'd love to hear what you thought of the place.

Wow, I'm impressed by that!

I don't write TR's anymore (time was...), but suffice to say the Boardwalk and Morey's is a great place to visit; with some great attractions other than the coasters.

It is all the better if one attends that annual event "Coastin on the Ocean" which gotta be one of the best bargains on earth!

The hotel/motel rates are exhorbitant, but the boardwalk offerings (which run the gamut and I don't mean just food) were surprisingly inexpensive. I sprung once for the dinner tab for five of us and the bill was $58 (pre-tip, the others covered that -:) ). That was at the "main" Hot Spot (I think there are five of them) and the portions were quite large for cheap money.

But I digress.

A good time was had by all...me and my roomie Ed (yes THAT Ed, the Chilly one for those long time URCers) and some other (much younger) enthusiast friends (who also posted here in days gone by ) that stayed in the next room at Blue Palms, in the "new for 2012" Bungalow section (I'm spoiled for next time...highly recommended!).

Other than the record setting heat/humidity combo, all things transpired to provide a great weekend from Friday afternoon thru Sunday afternoon.

I can't get
"WATCH the tram car, please!"
out of my head!
:-)

Oh, one comment re coasters: Great White came out as my #1 at Morey's.

Mike B.
Re: Real Time Coaster Survey III by drachen drachen Profile at 7/16/12 6:55:14 PM
MABrider said:

drachen said:

MABrider said:

Wow, I'm impressed by that!

I don't write TR's anymore (time was...), but suffice to say the Boardwalk and Morey's is a great place to visit; with some great attractions other than the coasters.

It is all the better if one attends that annual event "Coastin on the Ocean" which gotta be one of the best bargains on earth!

The hotel/motel rates are exhorbitant, but the boardwalk offerings (which run the gamut and I don't mean just food) were surprisingly inexpensive. I sprung once for the dinner tab for five of us and the bill was $58 (pre-tip, the others covered that -:) ). That was at the "main" Hot Spot (I think there are five of them) and the portions were quite large for cheap money.

But I digress.

A good time was had by all...me and my roomie Ed (yes THAT Ed, the Chilly one for those long time URCers) and some other (much younger) enthusiast friends (who also posted here in days gone by ) that stayed in the next room at Blue Palms, in the "new for 2012" Bungalow section (I'm spoiled for next time...highly recommended!).

Other than the record setting heat/humidity combo, all things transpired to provide a great weekend from Friday afternoon thru Sunday afternoon.

I can't get
out of my head!
:-)

Oh, one comment re coasters: Great White came out as my #1 at Morey's.

Don't know why I remembered that...

I'm glad you had a good time, and I'm glad you were able to finally make it to one of the truly great amusement facilities in the country.

I'm also glad to hear the Chillforce is still making the rounds. He should stop by URC again sometime.

Tell me you got to do the Ghost Ship at night...

drachen
Re: Real Time Coaster Survey III by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/16/12 10:12:22 PM
mugen828 said:

Either Skyrush

Don't do it! Save yourself while you still can!! 8-)

Jen

Re: Real Time Coaster Survey III by MABrider MABrider Profile at 7/16/12 10:44:44 PM
drachen said:
Tell me you got to do the Ghost Ship at night...

I'd wouldn't be technically lying, it was after 6 PM...but it wasn't yet dark.
What a great attraction; very well done.
Second best "regular" (non-Hallow weekend) walk-through I have done. Dr. Frankenstein's at I.B. comes first.
Mike B.