Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > A New "Vacation" Movie?

A New "Vacation" Movie?

drachen drachen Profile

Posted:
7/11/12 at
10:34:09 PM

I don't know what to think, but I am intrigued.

I have two questions...

1) Why didn't they get Anthony Michael Hall to reprise his role as Rusty? He probably wouldn't have turned it down.

2) Which fictional (but real) park will they be visiting? Will it be a more modern Wally World?

Ed Helms in talks to star in 'Vacation' reboot

July 11, 2012, 6:55 PM EST

The Hollywood Reporter

Ed Helms is in negotiations to star in New Line's planned "Vacation" reboot. Helms will play Rusty Griswold, the kid from the original films, who in the new movie will be all grown up and embarking on a vacation with his own family.

John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein are directing the project, which plays like both a sequel and a reboot of the Chevy Chase franchise that began with the 1983 Harold Ramis-directed comedy "National Lampoon's Vacation." That film was written by John Hughes and was based on his own experiences on family vacations. Anthony Michael Hall played Rusty in the original. The franchise continued with "European Vacation" (1985), "Christmas Vacation" (1989) and "Vegas Vacation" (1997).

The new project will start filming in the spring after Helms wraps "The Office."

David Dobkin is producing.

Helms, repped by CAA and Principato Young, is in production on Lionsgate's "They Came Together" with Paul Rudd and Amy Poehler and will begin shooting "The Hangover Part III" in September.

Link

* This post was modified at 7/11/12 10:35:19 PM *

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.87 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.57 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28%
Friend me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: A New "Vacation" Movie? by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 7/12/12 12:46:32 AM
I would love to see them at either CP or SFGadv. Would be cool to see the new 'big rides'. I loved the original, but today, those rides would be 'tame' to most of us here.
Re: A New "Vacation" Movie? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/12/12 5:34:50 AM
As long as they use the Ramones' Blitzkrieg Bop to open the movie once again, I'm good.

Hey Ho, Let's Go!

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: A New "Vacation" Movie? by chris92se chris92se Profile at 7/14/12 6:37:38 PM
In the original, they went to SFMM and rode the Colossus and Revolution, which are still there. That would be sweet to see the movie return to the park.

When my wife and I went there, we made reference to the movies many times. It would be a good fit for teenage movie kids, since SFMM is about 90 percent teenagers there.

Besides, if you are going on a road trip, it has to be to California!