Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Man Has Had 7000 Rides On Diamondback!

Man Has Had 7000 Rides On Diamondback!

beastmaster beastmaster Profile

Posted:
7/10/12 at
4:40:55 PM

70 years old. And the damn thing only opened in '09....

And I like the way he talks about it...keeps it simple.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/70-old-man-rides-roller-coaster-7-000-023648356--abc-news-topstories.html

* This post was modified at 7/10/12 4:48:11 PM *

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Man Has Had 7000 Rides On Diamondback! by frontrow frontrow Profile at 7/10/12 7:35:50 PM
Very impressive. That shows what a single rider line can do. In 2010 I visited the park 4 times. On one occasion I rode Diamondback 26 times in just a few hours. If the crowds are small, you can rack up some rides if you enter the single rider line. Not many people take advantage of that benefit. 7,000 rides since 2009 is amazing, especially he is 70 years old. Hopefully I can ride like that at that age.
Re: Man Has Had 7000 Rides On Diamondback! by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 7/10/12 7:46:23 PM
I wonder: does the CF parks allow rerides? I never get to go for rerides as by the time my train gets back to the station there's someone waiting on my row. Rerides will definitely help save on time and hassle of going thru the line again.
Re: Man Has Had 7000 Rides On Diamondback! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/10/12 7:53:52 PM
Cyclone_Phil said:

I wonder: does the CF parks allow rerides? I never get to go for rerides as by the time my train gets back to the station there's someone waiting on my row. Rerides will definitely help save on time and hassle of going thru the line again.

I've heard varying stories, but it's been my experience that they're pretty anal about re-rides..speaking mostly for KD and Dorney. That is, "no."

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Man Has Had 7000 Rides On Diamondback! by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 7/10/12 8:56:29 PM
Damn, that sucks. Even Sea World I wasn't allowed a reride on Kraken as the ride op asked if I had a wristband thing. Oh well, thank god for BGT, I know Montu and Kumba I can get at least one reride at a time as long as my row is clear.
Re: Man Has Had 7000 Rides On Diamondback! by RobLec RobLec Profile at 7/10/12 9:09:32 PM
Typically no rerides on DB, though I suppose it may happen.
Re: Man Has Had 7000 Rides On Diamondback! by frontrow frontrow Profile at 7/10/12 9:13:08 PM
Cyclone_Phil said:

At Worlds Of Fun last month we were allowed to stay on Prowler and Mamba. The park was dead. The Prowler crew took a liking towards us. Not only did they appreciate that came from.PA, but they were happy we liked the coaster so much. They kept asking about some top rated wooden coasters. They were delighted to hear how Prowler ranked among the top wooden coasters in the country. That crew really seemed to like their job.

Re: Man Has Had 7000 Rides On Diamondback! by alpengeistno3 at 7/11/12 12:27:26 AM
beastmaster said:

Cyclone_Phil said:

I've heard varying stories, but it's been my experience that they're pretty anal about re-rides..speaking mostly for KD and Dorney. That is, "no."

Mike

Actually, the only rides at KD that do not allow re-rides are I-305 (still has that "new car smell", so the ops are still anal), Volcano, and FOF (due to the separate loading/unloading stations.

I'm surprised about Busch Tampa and Sea World because all I got was rejected when I asked for re-rides on empty station Kraken, Montu, Sheikra and Kumba.

Paul

Re: Man Has Had 7000 Rides On Diamondback! by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 7/11/12 12:53:04 AM
Before I detract from the thread any further, Kumba, is generally very good especially in the mornings because hardly anyone is there. Montu, I didn't try for a reride this time because it was a long day and I needed some breaks. Gwazi this year I had a reride, but the previous year the ride op said no. So I guess it really depends on the person. But overall BGT allowing the rerides makes it easily one of the best parks for me.
Re: Man Has Had 7000 Rides On Diamondback! by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 7/11/12 10:34:25 AM
alpengeistno3 said:

beastmaster said:

Cyclone_Phil said:

Mike

Actually, the only rides at KD that do not allow re-rides are I-305 (still has that "new car smell", so the ops are still anal), Volcano, and FOF (due to the separate loading/unloading stations.

I'm surprised about Busch Tampa and Sea World because all I got was rejected when I asked for re-rides on empty station Kraken, Montu, Sheikra and Kumba.

Paul

When I was in sea world in 2010 they did the same with me. I went straight to Kraken to get some early rides with no wait and there was no one in sight. I rode with no one else on the train and when I got back they asked me to go around. Kind of annoying when I am trying to maximize my time and there is no one else even in the station. I get rules are rules, but when the station is empty it should be re-rides all day!

In regards to this 70 year old guy, I think that's awesome what he has done. That's a lot of rides. Coming from someone who has rode Nitro over 500 times, I can't imagine 7,000! It does make me think though that he is missing out a little bit. He said he has traveled, but where to? I think if he loves Diamondback that much, he would love all the other B&M Hypers out there. (Apollo's chariot, Nitro, Behemoth, Leviathan, Intimidator, Silver Star, and Goliath) Forgive me if I forgot any.

Diamonback does look like an awesome ride though. kind of jealous this guy has been on it 7,000 times and I have yet to ride it!

If I am riding coaster at 70, I wonder how high they will be? 500...600ft?

- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv