Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Kings Dominion in August

Kings Dominion in August

Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile

Posted:
7/9/12 at
10:02:53 PM

Not sure when I'm going, but I think mid to later in the month is most likely.

So since my prior trips were either in May or June, is there anything I should brace myself for regarding crowding and now the 'express pass' lines?

Also if anyone else is thinking of going, feel free to post here too.

Re: Kings Dominion in August by alpengeistno3 at 7/9/12 10:26:11 PM
KD is only 1 1/2 hours from here, so running down on a whim is no problem for me. The only days crowds can be an issue are Saturdays and some Fridays. Even then, if you go in with a plan of knocking out the busier rides in the morning, you can still get through the rest with little to no problem.

Paul

Re: Kings Dominion in August by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 7/10/12 11:55:43 AM
This year I'll probably be there Sunday and weekdays for the week. I'll likely be sticking to the plan of Dominator (if I get there early), Volcano (try for 2 rides), FoF (if the line is too long I'll skip it and come back the next day), I-305 for maybe 5, Anaconda, and then clockwise around the park. One day I'll start off with I-305 1st so I can get a front row seat without much of a wait. I'll let you know more details when it's August.
Re: Kings Dominion in August by alpengeistno3 at 7/10/12 3:37:49 PM
That's a good plan, Phil. To be honest with you, I would not waste my time trying to ride Dominator in the morning. The line is the longest it will ever be then and you would get more for your time to be up front for the rope drop at 10:30. You can easily come back to Dom between 4:00 and 6:00 and ride it all you want, usually without having to walk around.

Of course, if you are by yourself, you should have no problem pushing through the crowd once the rope drops (you're skinny :)

Paul

Re: Kings Dominion in August by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 7/10/12 3:48:33 PM
Lol! True. But last few times I went to Dominator, I got 2 walk ons and one was the front row. So, I think I'll be there for 4 days so I can play around with the orders ;)

Lol, I've been packing on the pounds a bit (too much sugary drinks), not too skinny now :( But at least it's not that bad. I still hope one day the park replaces those ptc trains... I've been spoiled by the MF trains at BGT's Gwazi.

Re: Kings Dominion in August by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/10/12 4:01:41 PM
Cyclone_Phil said:

Lol, I've been packing on the pounds a bit (too much sugary drinks), not too skinny now

Just make sure they're less than 32 oz. We want you riding roller coasters, not rotting in jail :)

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Kings Dominion in August by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 7/10/12 7:03:28 PM
lol, I think I'm safe from the NYC draconian proposal about the large drinks ban. Had no problems few weeks ago on the rides at BGT and SW.

* This post was modified at 7/10/12 7:14:25 PM *