Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > SF GAdv URC August trip

SF GAdv URC August trip

GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile

Posted:
7/9/12 at
9:44:24 PM

OK URC people. Since there seems to be a demand for a weekend visit (we will be getting Flash Passes so plan accordingly - around $31 each if we get 4 on a pass) lets throw out some dates.

I can go any Sunday except the 5th and may be dead on the 12th since I get back from San Diego on the 9th and have to work Sat with jet lag but I'll survive if that's the date you guys want. I can also do Sat Sept 2nd since I'll be on vacation the last week in August but that is Labor Day weekend. The 19th would be the ideal day for me but I'm flexible if need be.

If any of you are interested reply with the dates that work for you so we can see how many people want to go so we can plan accordingly.

Jen

* This post was modified at 7/9/12 10:05:34 PM *

Re: SF GAdv URC August trip by ktujon ktujon Profile at 7/10/12 12:44:02 AM
do you think a flash pass would be needed on a sunday?
Re: SF GAdv URC August trip by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 7/10/12 9:53:30 AM
ktujon said:

do you think a flash pass would be needed on a sunday?

First off, AWESOME!

Secondly, I think it's safe to say that Great Adventure just gets crazy crowded now, so it's good to plan for a Flash Pass. Doesn't mean one has to be bought, but if it's in the plan it will maximize the chance of having an awesome day.

I am good for the any weekend in August besides the first weekend. So the 11th/1th and onward work for me. I do on call IT support on weekends but if I know in advance I can get cleared for the day.

(for future reference I am cool with other trips, on weekends too. I don't care where the park is I will go! but preferably something that can be done in a weekend haha)

* This post was modified at 7/10/12 10:00:00 AM *

- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: SF GAdv URC August trip by alpengeistno3 at 7/10/12 1:51:22 PM
I've only been to Gradv Sunday in April, so that doesn't really apply. August can be a wild card because at other parks, they can be as good as a week day. However, lots of people try to get that last hoorah in before school starts, so things could get busy.

I am still of the opinion that a good plan and some flexibility with reading crowd patterns can beat the need for shelling out an extra $30-40 for a flash pass. I'll let you guys decide whether you agree with me.

As long as it is before August 15th, I'm good for any day. After that, don't think I'll be up for the 3 1/2 hour drive to spend all day chasing kids the following day. We'll see.

Paul

Re: SF GAdv URC August trip by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/11/12 8:12:04 AM
alpengeistno3 said:

I've only been to Gradv Sunday in April, so that doesn't really apply. August can be a wild card because at other parks, they can be as good as a week day. However, lots of people try to get that last hoorah in before school starts, so things could get busy.

I am still of the opinion that a good plan and some flexibility with reading crowd patterns can beat the need for shelling out an extra $30-40 for a flash pass. I'll let you guys decide whether you agree with me.

As long as it is before August 15th, I'm good for any day. After that, don't think I'll be up for the 3 1/2 hour drive to spend all day chasing kids the following day. We'll see.

Paul

So if we do Sunday the 12th you're in? I may be in a coma but for you Paul, I'd sacrifice a bit! ;~)

Jen

Re: SF GAdv URC August trip by alpengeistno3 at 7/11/12 6:58:01 PM
GoYanks34 said:

So if we do Sunday the 12th you're in? I may be in a coma but for you Paul, I'd sacrifice a bit! ;~)

Jen

I need to check the football schedule (we will be in preseason, but most preseason games are not on Sunday.

Count me in if you get enough other people.

Paul

Re: SF GAdv URC August trip by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/21/12 8:57:39 PM
OK - so the proposed dates are:

Sat 8/11
Sun 8/12
Sun 8/19

You guys reply to which date is best and we'll take it from there.

Jen

p.s. I have no problem not getting a FP before hand but if the crowds get heavy I want people to at least be prepared to get one if we need it. My ankle cannot take standing for hours at a time - it's been getting really bad again.

* This post was modified at 7/21/12 8:59:37 PM *

Re: SF GAdv URC August trip by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 7/21/12 10:02:31 PM
I'm down for any of those days. It'd be nice to know asap or course on a day. No problem with getting a fast pass either.

Can't wait! Think I'm gonna hit up great adventure tomorrow in fact. :)

- mugen828
Re: SF GAdv URC August trip by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/21/12 10:56:13 PM
As soon as Paul replies which date works for him we can set it in stone. I think everyone else is pretty open since it's a weekend.

Jen

Re: SF GAdv URC August trip by alpengeistno3 at 7/22/12 12:19:20 AM
GoYanks34 said:

Sat 8/11
Sun 8/12
Sun 8/19

Jen

p.s. I have no problem not getting a FP before hand but if the crowds get heavy I want people to at least be prepared to get one if we need it. My ankle cannot take standing for hours at a time - it's been getting really bad again.

I hate to say it, but 8/11 is the best for me since I have work the next 2 Mondays. If we are going to waste money on Flash Passes, might as well be on a day when we will need them :)

Paul

Re: SF GAdv URC August trip by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/22/12 12:33:42 AM
alpengeistno3 said:

GoYanks34 said:

Sat 8/11
Sun 8/12
Sun 8/19

Jen

I hate to say it, but 8/11 is the best for me since I have work the next 2 Mondays. If we are going to waste money on Flash Passes, might as well be on a day when we will need them :)

Paul

OK Saturday August 11th it is! I must remind you that I will be coming home from CA on Thurs night so forgive me if I'm still a little jet lagged but I'll live and I really want Paul to come since he's a lot of fun to go to parks with. As I've said, I have no problem not ordering the FPs in advance and see how the day goes - we may get lucky if it's a crappy forecast but the rain holds off. Only time will tell but I want everyone to have the cash should we need to get it (as I said it would be about $31 for 4 on a pass, which really isn't that bad - get a 5% discount with a season pass).

Anyone else who is interested please respond so we know the count.

Jen

Re: SF GAdv URC August trip by alpengeistno3 at 7/22/12 10:28:22 PM
Okay, I'm in.

Paul

Re: SF GAdv URC August trip by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 7/22/12 11:37:19 PM
In!! Should be a good time! I had a great day there today! might post about it soon.
- mugen828
Re: SF GAdv URC August trip by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/31/12 9:11:17 AM
Alright, looks like we've got a quartet. As long as I feel alright Saturday after next, I'm in.

Paul (alpengeistno3)
Kyle(mugen 828)
Mike
Jenn(had to throw in the extra "N" to make it a four-letter foursome!)

We, of course, welcome anyone else who would like to join us for some coasters, churros, Italian ices, and Pat Benatar tunes.

Kyle, I need your e-mail address again. I think you posted it on another thread, but I can't find it.

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: SF GAdv URC August trip by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 7/31/12 10:25:35 AM
beastmaster said:

Alright, looks like we've got a quartet. As long as I feel alright Saturday after next, I'm in.

Paul (alpengeistno3)
Kyle(mugen 828)
Mike
Jenn(had to throw in the extra "N" to make it a four-letter foursome!)

We, of course, welcome anyone else who would like to join us for some coasters, churros, Italian ices, and Pat Benatar tunes.

Kyle, I need your e-mail address again. I think you posted it on another thread, but I can't find it.

brolly828@yahoo.com :)

- mugen828