Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Fire At Hershey Arena

Fire At Hershey Arena

beastmaster beastmaster Profile

Posted:
7/6/12 at
9:01:37 AM

This isn't major news, but I thought the photo with ThighCrush in the background was pretty neat.

http://www.ldnews.com/latestnews/ci_21012079/fire-reported-at-old-hersheypark-arena

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Fire At Hershey Arena by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/6/12 10:02:34 AM
It's funny how they have a train in the background of all the pics on the roof. It's obvious they were waiting for it to come to add the theme park element to the photos.

Jen

Re: Fire At Hershey Arena by Coaster316 at 7/6/12 10:30:40 AM
Glad the damage wasn't too bad. I really miss that arena. It smelled like hockey in there no matter what type of event you were going to. I mean that in a good way. The place just felt special and I was able to see a lot of cool stuff there.
Re: Fire At Hershey Arena by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/6/12 10:41:22 AM
Coaster316 said:

Glad the damage wasn't too bad. I really miss that arena. It smelled like hockey in there no matter what type of event you were going to. I mean that in a good way. The place just felt special and I was able to see a lot of cool stuff there.

I don't believe I was ever in the arena, unless as a kid..but I doubt that, since Hershey was three hours away.

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Fire At Hershey Arena by Coaster316 at 7/6/12 11:25:47 AM
Its truly an historic venue.

- tons of hockey history
- Wilt Chamberlain scored his 100 points
- President Eisenhower's big birthday bash
- First ever Ice Capades show
- Ric Flair defeated Randy Savage for (then) WWF Title