Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Fast Lane at Knotts

Fast Lane at Knotts

GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile

Posted:
7/5/12 at
11:39:09 PM

Any one here been to Knott's Berry Farms recently? Was wondering if I should get a Fast Lane pass or not. Going on Wed August 8th. I looked on the web site and it includes: Ghost rider, Silver Bullet, boomerang, rapids,pony express, log flume, Side Winder, Jaguar, Wind Seeker, Supreme Scream,

Does not include: Xcelerator or Montezooma's revenge. Of course, the 2 launch coasters! :~(

Worth it? Remember I am a FP junkie but I don't want to spend the $50 if it's not necessary. Don't know how many they have for sale so I don't know if there's a sell out risk or not.

I think it's safe to say I will want multiple rides on the launches - especially Xcelerator since it wasn't there the last time I was (mid 90's) and I'm a launch addict. Is the wait for that one usually horrendous?

I'll ask more specific questions when the day gets near but I want to buy the FP if I need one now so I don't have to worry about it.

Advice appreciated!

Jen

Re: Fast Lane at Knotts by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 7/6/12 9:09:50 AM
I don't have much advice to throw out there because I've never been there, but! if you're going that far and maybe not going again anytime soon, why not get that flash pass.

You will maximize your time by waiting in line for the two you mentioned, and then getting a nice almost walk on on all the remaining rides you plan to hit. Xcelerator probly draws a big crowd, along with silver bullet too.

It looks like a nice park! I'm jealous, as usual!

- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: Fast Lane at Knotts by glutton glutton Profile at 7/6/12 1:23:36 PM
I've only been to Knotts in the Fall or Winter in recent years, so I'm not sure how crowded it is during the summer on weekdays. I *might* go in a couple weeks, so if I make it there, I'll let you know how the lines were. The lines were pretty short when I went in the Fall & Winter. I'm curious what rides they have open for the Platinum Pass early admission.

* This post was modified at 7/6/12 1:23:57 PM *

Re: Fast Lane at Knotts by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 7/6/12 6:04:30 PM
I doubt it will be necessary. I wouldn't buy it in advance. Some queue modifications would be necessary to incorporate it into Montezooma and Xcelerator.
--
Eric
Ultimate Rollercoaster Moderator
Re: Fast Lane at Knotts by lk2500 at 7/6/12 8:36:59 PM
GoYanks34 said:

Any one here been to Knott's Berry Farms recently? Was wondering if I should get a Fast Lane pass or not. Going on Wed August 8th. I looked on the web site and it includes: Ghost rider, Silver Bullet, boomerang, rapids,pony express, log flume, Side Winder, Jaguar, Wind Seeker, Supreme Scream,

Does not include: Xcelerator or Montezooma's revenge. Of course, the 2 launch coasters! :~(

Worth it? Remember I am a FP junkie but I don't want to spend the $50 if it's not necessary. Don't know how many they have for sale so I don't know if there's a sell out risk or not.

I think it's safe to say I will want multiple rides on the launches - especially Xcelerator since it wasn't there the last time I was (mid 90's) and I'm a launch addict. Is the wait for that one usually horrendous?

I'll ask more specific questions when the day gets near but I want to buy the FP if I need one now so I don't have to worry about it.

Advice appreciated!

Jen

Hmmm, weird. I thought it included Xcelerator just a few weeks ago when I looked at their web page?

Anyway, it's been a few years since I've been there but my advice would be to hit the park at opening and head to Xcelerator and ride it a few times. Then hit Montezooma. Then buy your fast lane pass and do the rest of the coasters at your leisure. I would imagine lines for Silver Bullet and Ghost Rider (and probably Boomerang) will be 30+ minutes. I wouldn't wait in line if the fast lane were available.

Re: Fast Lane at Knotts by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/6/12 9:30:05 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone. I think based on the responses I'll hold off for now and see how it is when I get to the park.

Jen

Re: Fast Lane at Knotts by glutton glutton Profile at 7/25/12 1:21:11 AM
Hi Jen,
I went to Knott's last Friday 7/20/12 and wanted to give you some feedback. The park opened at 10, but we opted to start our day at Soak City, which opened at the same time, so we didn't enter Knott's until almost noon. Sierra Sidewinder was our longest wait of the day at about 40 minutes (30 the 2nd time). Silver Bullet had just a 10-15 minute wait the 2 times we rode it, and Xcelerator was only 15 to 20 minutes (twice). Supreme Scream was practically a walk-on. Pony Express was our 2nd longest wait of the day at about 30 minutes (and it is a pretty short ride too.) The wait for Ghost Rider was 20 to 30 minutes. We didn't wait for the front car on any of the rides. We decided to skip the Timber Mountain Log Ride because the line looked VERY long for it, though they didn't seem to have any signs estimating the wait time. We didn't ride Windseeker or Montezooma's Revenge, since those aren't my favorite types of rides, and Boomerang was closed. There were a fair number of camp groups there, but we still managed to ride 10 thrill rides, plus the mine train, see a show, and ride the stage coach all in under 7 hours. I would think that a Wednesday might be a little less crowded than a Friday, and if you can get there when the park opens, and have the whole day to spend there, the Fast Lane probably isn't worth the expense. If you have a Cedar Fair Platinum Pass, you can enter 30 minutes early, but they only have 1 coaster open for the Early Admission :-( I believe it rotates between Montezooma, Silver Bullet, and Ghostrider.

I was a bit annoyed that they didn't really try to load the cars fully on the coasters and the lines were sort of confusing, with 2 rows of seats lining up at each gate on rides like Xcelerator and Sidewinder. There were just 2 in my group, so when I got near the front of a line, I'd always try to spot the row that had a group of 3 or 4 behind a group of 2, so we could fill the 2 extra seats and ride sooner. The ride operators were NOT attempting to help with that, and there weren't any "single rider" lines either. Let me know if there are any other questions about Knott's that I might be able to answer.

ps - How'd you like the A's - Yankees series last weekend? LET'S GO OAKLAND!! ;-)

Re: Fast Lane at Knotts by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/25/12 5:40:45 AM
glutton said:

ps - How'd you like the A's - Yankees series last weekend? LET'S GO OAKLAND!! ;-)

I can't speak for Jen, but I certainly liked it. Then again, I'm a Mets fan :((

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Fast Lane at Knotts by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/25/12 8:53:46 PM
Thanks for the info! I do plan to get there at opening so hopefully I can get everything done early before any crowds show. And like you said, a Wed. is probably less crowded than a Friday too.

And that series was fine - the Yanks were taking a break - all that winning makes you very tired. What are the standings again? Oh right, us: best record in baseball; you: 3rd place in your division. Good luck with that. :-P

I remember when I was little and me and my family ate at the Ground Round when they used to give out the sundaes in baseball hats and I got an Oakland A's one. I starting crying hysterical and they had to go and get me another one because I thought the colors were so horrible that I didn't want it! LOL! (This was way before I was rooting for anyone)

Jen