Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Hello from a new member

Hello from a new member

eishinnyc eishinnyc Profile

Posted:
6/29/12 at
1:07:29 AM

Hello all.
This is eishinyc who live in NYC. Love to ride coasters, but do not have any friend who willing to ride with me. So looking for costerlovers who can spend time with me @ Sixflags GreatAdventure during weekdays. Anyone?

* This post was modified at 6/29/12 4:21:02 AM *

Re: Hello from a new member by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 6/29/12 3:39:58 AM
Weekdays are tough, but with enough notice, it'll sometimes work. But I'm usually up for GAdv if my health allows.

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Hello from a new member by alpengeistno3 at 6/29/12 12:43:44 PM
I now have my Six Flags pass, so as long as I am in town here in DC, it's no problem for me to ride up to Gradv for a weekday. Let me know when you plan to go and I'll let you know whether I am still in town.

Paul

Re: Hello from a new member by ktujon ktujon Profile at 6/29/12 6:20:43 PM
I also have a sixflags season pass as well and hope to return to Great Adventure again!
Re: Hello from a new member by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 6/30/12 3:17:39 PM
Smells like another mini-URC get-together??? With new peeps!

Mike

Re: Hello from a new member by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 6/30/12 5:21:30 PM
Welcome to the boards! I'm a season pass holder too and GAdv is my home park. I'm usually off on Thurs and Fridays (although have a few Wed for Fri switches coming up) so I'm game. Lets pick a date and see who wants to go!

Jen

Re: Hello from a new member by eishinnyc eishinnyc Profile at 6/30/12 11:51:50 PM
OMG!!!!! OMG!!!!
Wonderful!!!!
I was asking around years and years.
Finally found right people!!!!

By the way, I may go there day after tomorrow Monday by myself to get seasonal pass.

I can visit the park during weekdays only by NJ transit.
(this means by end of Aug)
Which one should I get?
How about their water park?
Worth for extra money?

Re: Hello from a new member by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/1/12 6:54:12 AM
eishinnyc said:

OMG!!!!! OMG!!!!
Wonderful!!!!
I was asking around years and years.
Finally found right people!!!!

By the way, I may go there day after tomorrow Monday by myself to get seasonal pass.

I can visit the park during weekdays only by NJ transit.
(this means by end of Aug)
Which one should I get?
How about their water park?
Worth for extra money?

Then let's toss off a date or three in August or later July and see if we can get a little outing together. Again, I need as much notice as possible.

Does NJ Transit stop their bus service after August? Do you board at Port Authority or elsewhere?

I've actually never been in Hurricane Harbor, so I can't speak to that. Always looked like a pretty generic waterpark to me.

Mike

Re: Hello from a new member by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 7/1/12 3:19:58 PM
Cool to see another New Yorker here! Anyways, sorry it doesn't seem like GAdv is in my plans for this year. Hope you have a great time there.
Re: Hello from a new member by eishinnyc eishinnyc Profile at 7/1/12 11:46:54 PM
beastmaster said:

Then let's toss off a date or three in August or later July and see if we can get a little outing together. Again, I need as much notice as possible.

Does NJ Transit stop their bus service after August? Do you board at Port Authority or elsewhere?

I've actually never been in Hurricane Harbor, so I can't speak to that. Always looked like a pretty generic waterpark to me.

Mike

For some reason I still do not have my work schedule for this month and Aug.
But usually have every Tuesday off.
Maybe some Wed too.

I board at Port Authority.

>Does NJ Transit stop their bus service after August?

Just SAT and SUN which I work......

Re: Hello from a new member by eishinnyc eishinnyc Profile at 7/1/12 11:49:54 PM
Do you live in City?
I was asking around many years.
Where were you hiding?

Sure we will see each other sometime soon :)

Re: Hello from a new member by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 7/2/12 12:26:07 AM
All I will say is I live in the city ;) Who knows maybe we might bump into each other if we're headed for Coney Island :)
Re: Hello from a new member by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/2/12 8:07:31 AM
The only days I can do in July are Wed 7/18 or Thurs 7/19.

Do any of those days work?

Jen

Re: Hello from a new member by alpengeistno3 at 7/2/12 8:26:28 AM
GoYanks34 said:

Jen

Not me. I will be in Busch Gardens :)

Paul

Re: Hello from a new member by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/2/12 10:01:40 AM
alpengeistno3 said:

GoYanks34 said:

Jen

Paul

I can do Thurs the 26th but I can't stay until close - I'll have to leave early evening. Does that date work for you?

Jen

Re: Hello from a new member by alpengeistno3 at 7/2/12 10:18:25 AM
GoYanks34 said:

alpengeistno3 said:

GoYanks34 said:

Jen

Paul

I can do Thurs the 26th but I can't stay until close - I'll have to leave early evening. Does that date work for you?

Jen

Maybe. I need to check when Redskins Fan day is as that is when I will be back from Va Beach visiting mom.
Will let you know for sure on Wednesday after our 4th of July parade.

Paul

Re: Hello from a new member by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 7/2/12 10:41:13 AM
Goddddd. You people and your weekdays off! This season I can't do weekdays really :/

If you guys decide on a day and it's the weekend...you better count me IN! If it's a weekday I will sob and cry in a corner.

But on a serious note, I'd be stoked for a TR of a SFGADv trip from URCers!

- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: Hello from a new member by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/2/12 11:38:43 AM
GoYanks34 said:

Jen

Count me out..not enough notice. the 26th that you mentioned might work, if I request it this week. eishinnyc, whattya think?

Mike

Re: Hello from a new member by alpengeistno3 at 7/2/12 2:56:39 PM
Fan Day is the following Saturday, so I'm good for the 26th. My friend (now boss as he got promoted) is looking at a trip to Cedar Point that weekend. Leaving on Friday, the 27th. I don't really want to drive back from Great Adventure then make a trip up to CP, but he is no coaster enthusiast by any means, so he may not go through with it. An August date would be preferable just to make sure I don't get in a situation of having to choose.

Mugen, sorry your summer schedule is not as flexible. I'd offer you an application to Prince Georges County Public Schools if the budget was not so tentative that they are going through another hiring freeze. We haven't had a raise in 4 years, so the pay isn't great.

Paul

Re: Hello from a new member by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/2/12 6:54:00 PM
alpengeistno3 said:

Fan Day is the following Saturday, so I'm good for the 26th. My friend (now boss as he got promoted) is looking at a trip to Cedar Point that weekend. Leaving on Friday, the 27th. I don't really want to drive back from Great Adventure then make a trip up to CP, but he is no coaster enthusiast by any means, so he may not go through with it. An August date would be preferable just to make sure I don't get in a situation of having to choose.

Mugen, sorry your summer schedule is not as flexible. I'd offer you an application to Prince Georges County Public Schools if the budget was not so tentative that they are going through another hiring freeze. We haven't had a raise in 4 years, so the pay isn't great.

Paul

When do you go back to work? I'm in San Diego the first 2 weeks and I probably wouldn't be able to go until the 16th. I am off the last week in August.

Jen

Re: Hello from a new member by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/2/12 6:56:13 PM
mugen828 said:

Goddddd. You people and your weekdays off! This season I can't do weekdays really :/

If you guys decide on a day and it's the weekend...you better count me IN! If it's a weekday I will sob and cry in a corner.

But on a serious note, I'd be stoked for a TR of a SFGADv trip from URCers!

I can go on most Sundays but then we are getting flash passes - NO WAY am I stepping foot in that park on a weekend without one! We can always make 2 trips - I literally live 20 minutes away from the park.

Jen

Re: Hello from a new member by alpengeistno3 at 7/2/12 8:07:34 PM
GoYanks34 said:

When do you go back to work? I'm in San Diego the first 2 weeks and I probably wouldn't be able to go until the 16th. I am off the last week in August.

Jen

Unfortunately, I suspect it is that week, on Monday. We will have Friday off since schools aren't open on Fridays during the summer to cut down on the budget. If we have to wait that long, may have to look into that Sunday plan you came up with for Mugen.

Paul

Re: Hello from a new member by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/2/12 8:50:18 PM
alpengeistno3 said:

GoYanks34 said:

Jen

Unfortunately, I suspect it is that week, on Monday. We will have Friday off since schools aren't open on Fridays during the summer to cut down on the budget. If we have to wait that long, may have to look into that Sunday plan you came up with for Mugen.

Paul

Well, let us know about the 26th and if not we can do a Sunday. I know the OP said he works weekends so we can always do 2 trips.

Mike - see if you can get that day off too and let us know.

Jen

Re: Hello from a new member by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/2/12 8:56:08 PM
GoYanks34 said:

alpengeistno3 said:

GoYanks34 said:

Jen

Paul

Well, let us know about the 26th and if not we can do a Sunday. I know the OP said he works weekends so we can always do 2 trips.

Mike - see if you can get that day off too and let us know.

Jen

What, the 26th? And my guess is that eishinnyc is a "she"...just my guess, nothing leads me to it.

Mike

Re: Hello from a new member by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/2/12 9:02:02 PM
beastmaster said:

What, the 26th? And my guess is that eishinnyc is a "she"...just my guess, nothing leads me to it.

Mike

Well you said that day may work b/c the 18/19 isn't enough notice and Paul couldn't go then.

And I don't know why I wrote "he". Should have said "they" - so eishinnyc are you male or female? And since you started this thread what day works for you?

Jen

Re: Hello from a new member by alpengeistno3 at 7/2/12 11:29:56 PM
GoYanks34 said:

beastmaster said:

Mike

Well you said that day may work b/c the 18/19 isn't enough notice and Paul couldn't go then.

And I don't know why I wrote "he". Should have said "they" - so eishinnyc are you male or female? And since you started this thread what day works for you?

Jen

Don't drop the 26th on the account of me. I don't trust my friend to follow though on that Cedar Point trip, so I am 8/10's sure I can go.

Paul

Re: Hello from a new member by eishinnyc eishinnyc Profile at 7/2/12 11:43:32 PM
Mike-san,

How do you guess my gender?
I might be a muscle-bound
guy with a lot of chest hair! lol

Re: Hello from a new member by eishinnyc eishinnyc Profile at 7/2/12 11:48:04 PM
GoYanks34 said:

Jen

I do not get my work schedule yet.
Weird...
I'll let you know ASAP.

Re: Hello from a new member by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/3/12 5:17:53 AM
eishinnyc said:

Mike-san,

How do you guess my gender?
I might be a muscle-bound
guy with a lot of chest hair! lol

It was a guess. I was right? Well, even a broken clock is right twice a day. And don't worry, I've got the chest hair part covered. Not up top, though....

Definitely let us know as soon as you have your work schedule. Jen, Paul, and I I have had a blast on the coupla occasions when we've all gotten together, and we'd love to join you for some Toro!

Mike-san

Re: Hello from a new member by eishinnyc eishinnyc Profile at 7/3/12 4:48:15 PM
Wed 7/18 works for me.
Re: Hello from a new member by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/3/12 8:51:50 PM
eishinnyc said:

Wed 7/18 works for me.

That was the day no one else can go - does the 26th work?

Jen

Re: Hello from a new member by eishinnyc eishinnyc Profile at 7/4/12 2:40:04 AM
beastmaster said:

GoYanks34 said:

Jen

Count me out..not enough notice. the 26th that you mentioned might work, if I request it this week. eishinnyc, whattya think?

Mike

the 26th does not work.
Sorry.....

* This post was modified at 7/4/12 2:41:16 AM *

Re: Hello from a new member by eishinnyc eishinnyc Profile at 7/4/12 2:47:06 AM
GoYanks34 said:

eishinnyc said:

Wed 7/18 works for me.

That was the day no one else can go - does the 26th work?

Jen

It does not work.
Sorry.....

But I will be in New York whole summer.

Re: Hello from a new member by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/4/12 5:15:20 AM
I can put in for the 18th and see what happens. No guarantees I'll get the day. That was when Paul will be at BG, I think, but the day seems ok for Jen and eishinnyc. If it works for both of you, I'll request it when I'm back at work tomorrow and see what happens. Worst case, you both can meet up. Otherwise, we can look to something in August.

Anyone else wanna join the par-tay?

eishinnnyc, my address is sonbeast1964@yahoo.com if you wish to contact me. Might be able to work out something that would allow you to stay a bit later at the park than NJ Transit might allow for.

Mike

*EDIT* I put in a request for the 18th.

* This post was modified at 7/5/12 9:08:38 AM *

Re: Hello from a new member by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/9/12 10:14:39 AM
Paging eishinnyc....

You mentioned earlier in this thread that July 18 would work for you for a day at GAdv. It works for Jen (GoYanks34) and I just got approval for the day off, so I'm game. If you're still interested in going and meeting, Jen and I would be glad to join you. My e-mail address appears earlier in the thread, or you can reply on the board.

If anyone else would like to join us on Wednesday 7/18 for some NiToro (and other stuff, too :))..just chime in.

Mike

Re: Hello from a new member by eishinnyc eishinnyc Profile at 7/11/12 10:57:02 PM
beastmaster said:

Paging eishinnyc....

You mentioned earlier in this thread that July 18 would work for you for a day at GAdv. It works for Jen (GoYanks34) and I just got approval for the day off, so I'm game. If you're still interested in going and meeting, Jen and I would be glad to join you. My e-mail address appears earlier in the thread, or you can reply on the board.

If anyone else would like to join us on Wednesday 7/18 for some NiToro (and other stuff, too :))..just chime in.

Mike

Mike-san,

I was not feeling well for a while. Sorry.
Yes, I'm coming on 18th!
My bus arrives there around 11 am.

OMG!!
Finally I can see another coaster lovers!!!!
Almost get my feet wet like exciting doggy.

* This post was modified at 7/11/12 11:51:48 PM *

Re: Hello from a new member by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/12/12 5:25:07 AM
eishinnyc said:

beastmaster said:

Paging eishinnyc....

Mike

Mike-san,

Yes, I'm coming on 18th!

OMG!!

Glad you're feeling better. I'm having a health issue that I hope will be over by then. Shoot me an e-mail and we'll arrange a meet time nad place. sonbeast1964@yahoo.com

Mike-san

P.S..maybe Jen can help with the "wet feet doggy" issue..she's a veterinarian :)

* This post was modified at 7/12/12 5:27:45 AM *

Re: Hello from a new member by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/12/12 7:54:17 AM
beastmaster said:

eishinnyc said:

beastmaster said:

Paging eishinnyc....

Mike

Mike-san,

Yes, I'm coming on 18th!

OMG!!

Glad you're feeling better. I'm having a health issue that I hope will be over by then. Shoot me an e-mail and we'll arrange a meet time nad place. sonbeast1964@yahoo.com

Mike-san

P.S..maybe Jen can help with the "wet feet doggy" issue..she's a veterinarian :)

Yeah - I'll bring some Malacetic wipes to clean in between her toes - don't want to get a moist dermatitis on your feet before you have to walk around a park all day! :-)

Jen

Re: Hello from a new member by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/12/12 9:41:38 AM
GoYanks34 said:

beastmaster said:

eishinnyc said:

beastmaster said:

Paging eishinnyc....

Mike

Mike-san,

Yes, I'm coming on 18th!

OMG!!

Mike-san

Yeah - I'll bring some Malacetic wipes to clean in between her toes - don't want to get a moist dermatitis on your feet before you have to walk around a park all day! :-)

Jen

Please don't use big words like that :)

Re: Hello from a new member by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/12/12 10:45:03 AM
I know mugen and Paul can't make it that day, but if anyone else wants to meet at GAdv, let us know..the more the merrier!

Mike

Re: Hello from a new member by eishinnyc eishinnyc Profile at 7/13/12 2:01:19 PM
Jen-san
Mike-san,

The bus arrives there around 11:00 to 11:10.
It takes another 5 to10 minutes to get in the park.
Then I stop by their guest relations.

So may I see you sometime between 11:20 to 11:30?
Please let me know where is good for your guys.
Coca cola place or Nathan's??

>Jen-san
Mike-san has my cell #.

la la la. Just few more days!!!

Re: Hello from a new member by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/13/12 4:44:52 PM
I just sent you an e-mail.

Mike

Re: Hello from a new member by eishinnyc eishinnyc Profile at 7/24/12 2:40:44 AM
Yes,three of us went to the park!
Unfortunately we got a storme.
But the park was almost empty.
So we could enjoy many rides by 4pm.

Jen-san
Mike-san,

I touched you to make sure.
It was not my head trip.
You exist!!!!!!

Thank you so much for your time.
Hope I can see you again :)