Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > UltimateRollercoaster.com Discussion Forum Open Again

UltimateRollercoaster.com Discussion Forum Open Again

Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile

Posted:
6/19/12 at
12:33:53 AM

I want to apologize to our loyal users for the recent downtime.

Unfortunately, on Sunday morning June 11th the server that hosts UltimateRollercoaster.com had a drive fail and there was issue restoring the database from our backups.

Fortunately, we were able to recover the data and all of the community features, including the discussion forums have now resumed their normal operation.

Additional steps have been taken to ensure that this does not happen again. In the near future we will be moving the site onto a updated server and there will be up to 24-hours of downtime. I will be sure to post notice in advance of when this is expected to happen.

Thank you again for your support of the site.

-Eric
UltimateRollercoaster.com

--
Eric
Ultimate Rollercoaster Moderator
Re: UltimateRollercoaster.com Discussion Forum Open Again by RobLec RobLec Profile at 6/19/12 9:05:19 AM
Eric - thank you so much for your valiant efforts maintaining the board. Yes, we were definitely going thru URC withdrawal during its absence, but I'm sure you were pulling your hair out over this one. And I'm sure after this we can easily tolerate another 24 hour period of abstinence :)
Re: UltimateRollercoaster.com Discussion Forum Open Again by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 6/19/12 9:12:52 AM
RobLec said:

I'm sure you were pulling your hair out over this one.

Well, I sure wasn't.

I missed the hell out of it, though. Thanks, Eric, for your diligence and hard work in getting us back up and on-line. Much appreciated.

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: UltimateRollercoaster.com Discussion Forum Open Again by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 6/19/12 9:16:25 AM
Thanks Eric! got both of your emails about it. No worries at all :)

Great to see it up and running again!

- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: UltimateRollercoaster.com Discussion Forum Open Again by MABrider MABrider Profile at 6/19/12 9:18:45 AM
Thanks, Eric!
This episode was surely not pleasant for you.
Your continuing web-master feats are appreciated.
Mike B.
Re: UltimateRollercoaster.com Discussion Forum Open Again by drachen drachen Profile at 6/19/12 11:27:32 AM
Let me pile on my thanks for the hard work in not only getting the site back up and running, but also the forum history. The ease of searching back through old posts is one of the many great things about this underrated website.

Thanks also, Eric, for being up-front and honest with those of us who inquired.

I too was going through URC withdrawal. I'm glad that's over!

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.90 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.55 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28.2%
Find me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: UltimateRollercoaster.com Discussion Forum Open Again by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 6/19/12 9:26:52 PM
You don't know what you've got, til it's gone..... (I was singing that Cinderella song in my head - LOL)

Boy I missed it! Especially wanting to post a TR about our Hershey trip (tomorrow - I promise! It's written but I still have to add pics and that takes some time - I know you'll all on the edge of you seats!)

Thanks Eric!

Jen

Re: UltimateRollercoaster.com Discussion Forum Open Again by RobLec RobLec Profile at 6/20/12 5:14:10 AM
GoYanks34 said:

You don't know what you've got, til it's gone....
(I was singing that Cinderella song in my head - LOL)

I thought it was Joni Mitchell

Re: UltimateRollercoaster.com Discussion Forum Open Again by sparky sparky Profile at 6/20/12 1:11:50 PM
Nice explanation, Eric.

In the future, just blame it on Ed. He is the root of all downtime.

Re: UltimateRollercoaster.com Discussion Forum Open Again by Geauga_Dog Geauga_Dog Profile at 6/21/12 9:20:55 PM
Just want to say thank you, Eric, for the work you put into keeping this site going. Must have been a headache trying to get everything back to the way it was.

G-Dog

Re: UltimateRollercoaster.com Discussion Forum Open Again by theRock-steel theRock-steel Profile at 6/24/12 7:56:19 AM
If the message had not said hardware I might have thought that a hacker was having evil fun. That had happened to another coaster site; not good! I'm glad that this one is back to it's normal self with some possible server improvements.
Re: UltimateRollercoaster.com Discussion Forum Open Again by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 7/1/12 3:17:50 PM
I share the sentiments with everyone here about how glad I am to see this place up and running again. I was getting a little worried if it will return. Lol, I finally processed thru all my pics and find this place down. But once again, great to see this place running and others here posting again.