Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > parks to check out in the new england area?

parks to check out in the new england area?

sfne429

Posted:
6/9/12 at
2:00:57 PM

does anyone have any recommendations? i have only been to six flags new england and six flags great adventure, i would really like to venture out more and ride some different rides. thanks for the input.

Re: parks to check out in the new england area? by depotrat at 6/9/12 3:50:33 PM
In New England I would say try Lake Compounce, Canobie Lake Park, and Funtown. If you widen it beyond NE to the northeast you could add Great Escape, Hershey, Dorney, and Knoebels.
Re: parks to check out in the new england area? by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 6/9/12 3:51:52 PM
Check out Boulder Dash at Lake Compounce!! Amazing woodie!!!
Re: parks to check out in the new england area? by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 6/9/12 6:17:16 PM
Also the Comet at Great Escape is a really good woodie.
Re: parks to check out in the new england area? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 6/9/12 6:24:54 PM
If you like wooden roller coasters, Wooden Warrior at Quassy in CT is a terrific one..small (relatively speaking) but tons o' fun! I had a smile on my face all the way through its (very short) running time!

And I very much echo what Dion said about Boulder Dash..it's top 5 wood for me, especially at night.

Have fun!

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: parks to check out in the new england area? by CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile at 6/10/12 12:39:09 PM
Canobie (Boston Area)
Lake Compounce Bristol CT.
Rye Playland.
Morey's Piers
Dorney park.
Coney Island.
Seaside and Casion Piers

Tons bud, Go have fun.