Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > We need to interview a coaster designer

We need to interview a coaster designer

mommakells

Posted:
6/7/12 at
9:42:12 AM

We need help with a 5th grade school project. My son has a worksheet that asks what he would like to do as a career. He chose Roller Coaster Designer. The next step, interview someone with that job. Is there anyone here who can answer a few questions? Here they are:
1. Why did yu become a coaster designer?
2. Where did you go to college?
3. Were you in an honors program?
4. How many coasters have you designed?
5. How high is a dangerous drop to you?
6. How long have you been interested in this?
7. What advice would you give a person who wants to be a coaster designer?
8. What is your favorite coaster?

Thanks so much for your help.

Re: We need to interview a coaster designer by MABrider MABrider Profile at 6/7/12 1:15:12 PM
You could try the folks at the site below.
Move over to contact at top right, then click on contact us.
I see that it allows you to pose questions where you can pick "school project" as the subject.

Lots of coaster enthusiasts know and love their work!

Gravity Group

* This post was modified at 6/7/12 1:16:35 PM *

Mike B.
Re: We need to interview a coaster designer by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 6/7/12 1:45:04 PM
I wish I could go back and tell my 10 year old self that I would love to be a roller coaster designer when I grow up!!

You should head to a book store and check out some books regarding coaster design. They probly have a ton of pictures your kid might enjoy and maybe it might spark something in him to pursue it one day!

* This post was modified at 6/7/12 1:45:53 PM *

- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: We need to interview a coaster designer by MABrider MABrider Profile at 6/7/12 2:02:35 PM
Here's another woodie specific firm "we" are quite familiar with.

Great Coasters International

Mike B.
Re: We need to interview a coaster designer by MABrider MABrider Profile at 6/7/12 3:50:48 PM
Let's not forget these gents...

B&M

Mike B.
Re: We need to interview a coaster designer by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 6/7/12 5:26:40 PM
mugen828 said:

I wish I could go back and tell my 10 year old self that I would love to be a roller coaster designer when I grow up!!

(666) 555-1234 Dr. Emmett Brown.

Marty

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...