Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Amazing new B&M invert in France

Amazing new B&M invert in France

LoneStar LoneStar Profile

Posted:
5/31/12 at
9:04:36 PM

This was the first time I watched a POV of the new invert at Parc Asterix. It's amazing! And very rare to see a custom B&M invert built. Isn't it weird how they are kind of "old school"?

- Pat-O

Oziris

Re: Amazing new B&M invert in France by alpengeistno3 at 5/31/12 9:24:06 PM
Between Shambhala at Port Aventura and Oziris, Europe is really finally starting to look like the home of some B&M masterpieces. If they get a floorless or dive machine on the same level, I may need to seriously consider a trip.

Paul

Re: Amazing new B&M invert in France by Absimilliard Absimilliard Profile at 6/1/12 1:18:26 AM
I actually rode Os'Iris on its first public day back in early april.

The first drop is very good and the lack of predrop really take you by surprise! The Dive loop is ferocious and very quick, the following overbanked turn is nice and then the tunnel... B&M threw in a little surprise in there. Instead of a regular downward slope into the immelman, you got a mini double down that give you a good shot of airtime. The immelman got leg choppers.

You rise out into another overbanked turn. You then have an amazing straight drop into a mist filled underwater tunnel. Here comes the only boring part of the ride for me. It was done on purpose as a "break" for the family crowd the park attract. The Corkscrew/barrel roll is just... flat. No G's or floating sensation. You then got a flat 270 degrees helix. The ride kick it again in overdrive with another straight drop into a zero g roll where you "kick the temple" and then you finish with a powerful helix into the brakes.

The theming is unbelievable. Tons of witty puns, graphical humor and a high attention to detail. The storyline is based on this film sequence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NejZ2pTa18w . You are visiting Iris temple and he hypnotise you, turning you into a bird! When you leave the station, you hear his deep rumbling voice saying the original french saying and you got the same eye as on his door in the movie. Very clever and totally in agreement with the theme of the park.

P.S.: original layout proposed for the ride was to be a modified WOF Patriot with an extra corkscrew and the underwater dive before the two corkscrews.

Re: Amazing new B&M invert in France by CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile at 6/1/12 2:40:01 PM
LoneStar said:

This was the first time I watched a POV of the new invert at Parc Asterix. It's amazing! And very rare to see a custom B&M invert built. Isn't it weird how they are kind of "old school"?

- Pat-O

Wow Patton, That thing kicks proverbial Arse!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxi9uwNTDrc

Re: Amazing new B&M invert in France by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 6/1/12 2:55:47 PM
I love B&M inverts! This ride looks awesome!
- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: Amazing new B&M invert in France by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 6/3/12 10:23:33 PM
Oziris looks awesome; It kinda remind me of an invert version of the B&M flyer Sky Scrapper (Starry Night Ripper or whatever) at World Joyland in China, which looks very impressive also. B&M is finding ways to finally ditch those MCBRs on it's newer coasters; Shambhala in Parc Asterix is the only recent Beemer that I can think of that has a MCBR, and even it doesn't seem to slow the train down at all anyway; It seems like more of an 'emergency feature if necessary' type deal more than anything. Anyway here's Sky Scrapper's POV below.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGzvIBgz-fg

* This post was modified at 6/3/12 10:25:02 PM *