Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > La Ronde Question

La Ronde Question

chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile

Posted:
5/31/12 at
5:51:10 PM

Just a quick question concering La Ronde in montreal.I am going there for the first time on June 18th.Do they accept U.S.currency at the park?

Re: La Ronde Question by frontrow frontrow Profile at 5/31/12 10:33:44 PM
Never been to La Ronde, but I've been to Canada's Wonderland. At CW they do not accept US currency, but they will take major credit and debit cards. Get some Canadian cash for parking and some of the drink and food stands that don't have the ability to take a credit card. Have fun Dion. I can't wait to read the trip report. Goliath is in my top 5 most wanted list. I plan on going to CW at the end of summer. Maybe if I can save some cash, I'll hit La Ronde also.
Re: La Ronde Question by Absimilliard Absimilliard Profile at 6/1/12 1:21:18 AM
La Ronde will usually take US currency at the restaurants and shops, but I suggest you convert some money before hand. The exchange rate they will give you is disastrous for you! You will lose 10-15% for sure over what a bank would give you as an exchange rate.
Re: La Ronde Question by MABrider MABrider Profile at 6/1/12 8:27:58 AM
Absimilliard said:

La Ronde will usually take US currency at the restaurants and shops, but I suggest you convert some money before hand. The exchange rate they will give you is disastrous for you! You will lose 10-15% for sure over what a bank would give you as an exchange rate.

Can you expound on that?

Did you mean that the park does not "honor" the current exchange rate if using US currency or debit cards, as if charging a user (inconvenience) fee...?

As of now (yesterday, May 31), the US to CAN exchange rate is almost a wash. 1.00 = 1.03

The park may apply a cash rate (or some such), but 10-15% is one large user fee!

It certainly could be that I don't understand it all that clearly.

Also, are your money related experiences the same at CW?

Mike B.
Re: La Ronde Question by Absimilliard Absimilliard Profile at 6/1/12 9:17:18 AM
Basically, how it works at La Ronde:

The places that take credit or debit cards are the park entrance ticket booths, the flash pass office, the shops and the Mcdonald's. At those places, no special exchange rate for US currency, just what your bank or credit card company will charge (usually 2-3% unless your card include no currency exchange fees. I am canadian and got a US currency mastercard from my bank to save those fees for example.).

For the rest of the restaurants and food stalls, they only take cash and the ones that take US currency, there will a fixed rate they decided. If the bank would give you no exchange rate like right now, the restaurants would only give you 0.90$. So, you're losing 10%. A 10$ canadian meal would cost you 11$ US cash due to their nasty exchange rate.

Re: La Ronde Question *NM* by MABrider MABrider Profile at 6/1/12 12:34:45 PM
^
Thanks!
Mike B.