Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Silverwood

Silverwood

romans5three

Posted:
5/27/12 at
4:13:26 PM

Hi, I'm going to northern Idaho later this year and was thinking about visiting Silverwood after hearing about it when doing some reading on Knott's Berry Farm. It looks like there are are only five coasters? Is there enough to do for a whole day for a couple without children who are used to KBF and SF Magic Mountain? the website boasts 65 rides but it looks like many of them are carnival rides, the spinning of which our stomachs can't handle. We don't only like coasters, as we never get tired of Disneyland, but of course not everyone is Disney. Thanks for any help.

Re: Silverwood by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 5/27/12 5:23:14 PM
romans5three said:

Hi, I'm going to northern Idaho later this year and was thinking about visiting Silverwood after hearing about it when doing some reading on Knott's Berry Farm. It looks like there are are only five coasters? Is there enough to do for a whole day for a couple without children who are used to KBF and SF Magic Mountain? the website boasts 65 rides but it looks like many of them are carnival rides, the spinning of which our stomachs can't handle. We don't only like coasters, as we never get tired of Disneyland, but of course not everyone is Disney. Thanks for any help.

Never been, but your "65" figure sent me to the site..it seemed too high from what little I know of the park. 65 is the number of "rides, slides, and attractions." There's less than thirty rides, including kiddie, family, and thrill. I've heard it's a fun little park, though, for what it is.

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Silverwood by CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile at 5/27/12 5:55:18 PM
The park has a watermark and three two of the top rated wooden coasters plus a huge in vertigo.

The Real Steam train has a train robbery,

Hope you have fun, let me know how it is, It's one of the few parks I've strived to visit that I haven't already.

Heres video of one of the woodies. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x43waeUWc0Q

Re: Silverwood by NotSo NotSo Profile at 5/28/12 4:12:19 AM
CoasterFanatic said:

The park has a watermark and three two of the top rated wooden coasters plus a huge in vertigo.

Are you saying the park has three two of the top rated wooden coasters in the world? what does that even mean!?? Please explain!

* This post was modified at 5/28/12 5:24:00 AM *

Re: Silverwood by CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile at 5/28/12 3:37:44 PM
NotSo said:

CoasterFanatic said:

Are you saying the park has three two of the top rated wooden coasters in the world? what does that even mean!?? Please explain!

That according to friends who've been there, Timber Terror and Tremors are among the best they've ridden. Also look back at the Wood coaster poll. They've been knocked down some since there has been a rash of woodies built since they were built. but that doesn't mean they are bad coasters.