Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Crowds at Canada's Wonderland

Crowds at Canada's Wonderland

ray_p ray_p Profile

Posted:
5/26/12 at
3:17:37 PM

I really hate to be that guy who asks "what are crowds going to be like on such and such a day", but I'm going to do it anyway. Are there any Canada's Wonderland experts out there who might be able to shed some light on crowds for early season weekdays? I'm probably heading up there either this Thursday (park is open 10-6) or next Thursday (park open 10-7). With the relatively short hours, I assume crowds shouldn't be bad, but I always worry about hundreds of school buses at a park when I get there. Of course if that's the case, FastLane is available... ;)

It has been 20 years since my last visit to Wonderland. I'm looking forward to trying out Leviathan and Behemoth, re-riding Vortex, Wild Beast and Thunder Run, trying my first Mondial Space Roller and perhaps a Huss Giant Jump, and I may even torture myself and try out the Zamperla Volare. I do appreciate the assistance and apologize for being "that guy".

Re: Crowds at Canada's Wonderland by Aldo at 5/26/12 6:11:20 PM
Crowds are usually very light during the time you plan on going. If you go as soon as the park opens you can go on many rides within the first couple of hours.

If there are alot of school buses in the parking the Fastlane is good to get. The only is that its $50 for one person. If you go with a group of people the price of a Fastlane ticket goes down for each person.

The park has certainly grown and changed ALOT since 1992 (I have been going every single year since 1990). If you have anymore questions please do not hesitate to ask :o)

Aldo

Re: Crowds at Canada's Wonderland by frontrow frontrow Profile at 5/26/12 8:59:59 PM
I'm not an expert on Canada's Wonderland, in fact I've only been there once. It was a Sunday in early September in 2010. All the lines were 30 to 40 minutes long. I asked several employees if they considered the park to be crowded that day and each of them said I was there on a very slow, uncrowded day. The girl working at Behemoth souvenir shop asked how times I rode Behemoth. When I told her I got 10 rides, she was amazed. Since all the lines were about the same, I passed up several of the lesser coasters in order to get more rides on Behemoth. I loved that coaster, I have it #2 on my steel coaster list. I did ride both wooden coasters and Vortex. Vortex may be the best suspended coaster I've ridden. Several months later I looked up what parks had the highest attendance for 2010. As far as seasonal parks go CW was right near the top. It had more visitors than Kings Island, Hershey or Cedar Point. When I go back this year, I will be getting the fast passes.
Re: Crowds at Canada's Wonderland by theRock-steel theRock-steel Profile at 5/27/12 6:54:58 AM
I was shooting for at the end of their season in August next year. It and Darien Lake would have better hours plus Leviathan would be a year older so its line should be less. Kennywood, Waldameer, or Seabreeze could also be involved. They have some new things going on this year too. Does waiting and going in August make sense?
Re: Crowds at Canada's Wonderland by ray_p ray_p Profile at 5/27/12 8:38:05 AM
Thanks for the info Also and frontrow. I plan on leaving the Cleveland area at 4:30 am and am HOPING against hope to be at CW between 10-10:30. Not sure how long the border crossing will take and of course traffic anywhere in the Greater Toronto Area sucks regardless of what time it is! I'll probably stay till 4-4:30 and then hopefully head to the CN Tower for EdgeWalk, and then drive back to Niagara Falls that night where I have a room booked. I have a list of 10 rides I want to get on at CW, so FastLane may be the way to go if there are too many school groups.
Re: Crowds at Canada's Wonderland by frontrow frontrow Profile at 5/27/12 9:04:07 AM
No problem Ray. Another thing to take into consideration is that Toronto traffic. In the morning on way there I encountered Chicago, Atlanta, type traffic. I left the house earlier to account for the border crossing. The border crossing only took 5 extra minutes, but the traffic in the Toronto area was brutal. I pulled in the parking lot at 9:50 and by the time I rushed to the entrance they were opening the gates. I left the park at 8:00 pm. I didn't have any trouble with traffic on the way home.
Re: Crowds at Canada's Wonderland by KevinReid KevinReid Profile at 5/28/12 12:07:51 PM
Ray,

Are you willing to delay your visit for one week? Because we are going to be visiting our ex-neighbours in Newmarket during the period June 9 thru 15 and I have already bought my Wonderland season pass and parking pass. I am sure I could show you around that little park north of Toronto in the heart of Vaughn. If interested reply and we can exchange info(also take Jeff with you).

The thing about those 100 school buses is they all start leaving around 4:00 PM and the park will empty out for you. The best time to go to Wonderland is always before Canada Day July 1.

Regards,
Kevin Reid

Re: Crowds at Canada's Wonderland by ray_p ray_p Profile at 5/28/12 1:54:36 PM
Kevin,
As much as it would be great to see you guys, I can only take off either this week or next due to some work deadlines. As of now, it looks like I'll be going this Thursday as the weather is looking gorgeous (68 degrees and partly cloudy). And if I'm not mistaken, Jeff doesn't have his passport yet. :(

Who knows, maybe if I have a good time in Vaughan, since I have a CP Platinum Pass, I can always make a return visit if you guys head back there again!

Enjoy your trip Kevin...