Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > SoCal best of weekend evil? KBF or SFMM or ?

SoCal best of weekend evil? KBF or SFMM or ?

lk2500

Posted:
5/26/12 at
2:13:04 PM

I'm going to SoCal at the end of June and will be in town Sat morning - Friday morning.

I know the parks are crazy on the weekends but what park would be best Saturday/Sunday if I hit it at opening and maybe used Fast Lane at KBF or a flash pass at SFMM?

Other options would be Sea World, USH (mainly intersted in Manta and Transformers) or just chill and spend some time at DLR (I have a 5 day park hopper so I can just go a few hours at a time and leave if it's too crowded).

* This post was modified at 5/26/12 2:29:20 PM *

Re: SoCal best of weekend evil? KBF or SFMM or ? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 5/26/12 4:49:13 PM
lk2500 said:

I'm going to SoCal at the end of June and will be in town Sat morning - Friday morning.

I know the parks are crazy on the weekends but what park would be best Saturday/Sunday if I hit it at opening and maybe used Fast Lane at KBF or a flash pass at SFMM?

Other options would be Sea World, USH (mainly intersted in Manta and Transformers) or just chill and spend some time at DLR (I have a 5 day park hopper so I can just go a few hours at a time and leave if it's too crowded).

I've never been to SFMM (tried several times but the park was always closed the day I attempted to go) but if their FP operation is anything like SFGAdv you'll be fine with a Gold FP. I'm going in August to Sea World and Knotts since I'll be at a conference in San Diego - wish I could hit SFMM but there just won't be enough time since it's too far from where I'm staying :~(

Jen

Re: SoCal best of weekend evil? KBF or SFMM or ? by theRock-steel theRock-steel Profile at 5/27/12 8:44:13 AM
I haven't been out that way sense I was 12. That's about 100 years ago. I'm going to try to hit that area before their season really starts. I'll try to get a very early flight. Sense we gain three hours on our way from the east coast, it seems to me that I can make the most of the afternoon and evening by going to California Adventure shortly after I land. From what I hear of SFMM crowds, I'll try a second day. That kills the SeaWorld, Legoland, or Pacific Park
idea which I wasn't too interested in anyway. DLR and Knott's Berry Farm will make up the next two days. I will try to avoid the parks on the weekends; that is normal for me. How does all this sound?