Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Hershey Park URC trip

Hershey Park URC trip

GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile

Posted:
5/24/12 at
12:47:35 PM

OK people, it's time to start planning our trip to Hershey. It actually looks like Sky Rush will open on time or close to it. I think we should try to go on a weekday before school is out if possible. I am off on Thursdays and Fridays (except for Fri 6/1 and Fri 6/22) so any other Thurs or Fri will work for me. I work most Saturdays and those are more difficult to get off. The only Sat I can do in June is the 9th if we can't do a weekday. I can potentially switch my day off with some notice - only Mondays & Saturdays are near impossible to switch for.

So lets start throwing some dates around and see if we can come up with something that can work for everyone.

Jen

Re: Hershey Park URC trip by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 5/24/12 2:18:47 PM
Weekends are great for me. weekdays I would just need to know as soon as possible and run it by my boss because I don't have vacation time yet :/

So the sooner we have a date the better! I would have no issue going on a weekend day and buying a speed pass or whatever they call it haha. I know some are opposed to the fast pass stuff though.

- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: Hershey Park URC trip by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 5/24/12 2:31:21 PM
mugen828 said:

So the sooner we have a date the better! I would have no issue going on a weekend day and buying a speed pass or whatever they call it haha. I know some are opposed to the fast pass stuff though.

I was playing around on HP's site, and my tech-challenged fingers, eyes, and brain could find no information on their pay-to-cut. Am I just missing it?

*EDIT*...found it. $50 pp to bypass lines on nine coasters. Doesn't specify whether one time each or unlimited. Anyone used this yet?

* This post was modified at 5/24/12 2:49:46 PM *

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Hershey Park URC trip by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 5/24/12 2:38:48 PM
beastmaster said:

mugen828 said:

I was playing around on HP's site, and my tech-challenged fingers, eyes, and brain could find no information on their pay-to-cut. Am I just missing it?

It's $50.

http://www.hersheypark.com/rides/vip_experiences.php

Jen

Re: Hershey Park URC trip by ray_p ray_p Profile at 5/24/12 2:50:10 PM
From what I understand, Skyrush and Fahrenheit are NOT part of HP's line cutting pass. I believe it also sets a time for you to come back and ride the park's nine other coasters. I also believe it is a one-time thing. Therefore, you can cut the line on StormRunner, but once that is over, they punch your card and you'll have to wait in the "regular line".

* This post was modified at 5/24/12 2:51:19 PM *

Re: Hershey Park URC trip by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 5/24/12 2:56:42 PM
ray_p said:

From what I understand, Skyrush and Fahrenheit are NOT part of HP's line cutting pass. I believe it also sets a time for you to come back and ride the park's nine other coasters. I also believe it is a one-time thing. Therefore, you can cut the line on StormRunner, but once that is over, they punch your card and you'll have to wait in the "regular line".

It does say it's only good for 9 of their coasters and they have 12. I bet Roller Soaker is the other one it doesn't work on. So other than Storm Runner and perhaps Side Winder, is it really worth it? Even on busy days in the summer the lines for all the others are never that terrible. If Sky Rush and Fahrenheit were included then maybe but since they're not I'd have to say no.

Jen

Re: Hershey Park URC trip by alpengeistno3 at 5/24/12 11:19:20 PM
We're out of school on June 8th, so any Thursday or Friday after that is good for me (preferably not June 28 or 29 since I will be there with ACE on the 30th.)

If we are going on a weekday, skip the line cutting. You really don't need it at Hershey, especially if Fahrenheit and Skyrush are not included!

Paul

Thursday June 14th 1st proposed date by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 5/25/12 8:52:10 PM
OK, so first proposed date is Thursday June 14th. All those in favor? All those opposed?

Most NJ schools are still in session until that Fri or the following Fri. I know PA schools get out either that Fri or the week before so that date I think is the earliest we can make it while still bypassing some school endings.

If you want to come on this trip and cannot make it on that date just reply with dates that work for you and we will try and accommodate as best as possible.

I know Paul and Mike G are good on those dates so everyone else who wants to join us respond please.

Jen

Re: Thursday June 14th 1st proposed date by alpengeistno3 at 5/25/12 9:01:31 PM
Sounds good to me. I'm looking at MD parks and rec now for tickets and I can get them for $36.50. Any of you northern folks have something that can beat that?

Paul

Re: Thursday June 14th 1st proposed date by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 5/25/12 9:12:59 PM
alpengeistno3 said:

Sounds good to me. I'm looking at MD parks and rec now for tickets and I can get them for $36.50. Any of you northern folks have something that can beat that?

Paul

$29.75 with a promo code off e-bay ($2.75 to purchase code). I know some of you are skeptical but I have never gotten screwed getting tickets/promo codes off there. You can buy as many tickets as you like per coupon. The feedback is 100% positive from people who have purchased it and used it.

Jen

*edit* I am going to get the code to use and we can all use it if you'd like

* This post was modified at 5/25/12 9:14:23 PM *

Re: Thursday June 14th 1st proposed date by alpengeistno3 at 5/25/12 11:08:55 PM
So let me get this straight. You go to ebay, pay $2.75, and you get as many $29 tickets as you want or do you have have to pay 2.75 each one?

Paul

Re: Thursday June 14th 1st proposed date by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 5/26/12 6:38:59 AM
alpengeistno3 said:

So let me get this straight. You go to ebay, pay $2.75, and you get as many $29 tickets as you want or do you have have to pay 2.75 each one?

Paul

You can get up to 19 of them for $2.75.

Jen

Re: Thursday June 14th 1st proposed date by alpengeistno3 at 5/26/12 1:02:08 PM
GoYanks34 said:

alpengeistno3 said:

Paul

Jen

Sounds like you just "volunteered" to be our official ticket buyer :)

Paul

Re: Thursday June 14th 1st proposed date by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 5/26/12 1:50:13 PM
alpengeistno3 said:

GoYanks34 said:

alpengeistno3 said:

Paul

Jen

Paul

I'll get back to you on that date. It might be tough for me. Is Fahrenheit really not included in that? Why isn't Skyrush either? Really lame for that.

I am all for giving cash to Jen when we arrive if she can get them for that cheap.

I'll get back to you about that Thursday. If more people can make that date I will have to see about working around it the best I can.

- mugen828
Re: Thursday June 14th 1st proposed date by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 5/26/12 3:49:21 PM
alpengeistno3 said:

GoYanks34 said:

alpengeistno3 said:

Paul

Jen

Paul

It'll cost you double! :-P

Jen

Re: Thursday June 14th 1st proposed date by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 5/26/12 4:44:38 PM
mugen828 said:

I'll get back to you on that date. It might be tough for me. Is Fahrenheit really not included in that? Why isn't Skyrush either? Really lame for that.

I am all for giving cash to Jen when we arrive if she can get them for that cheap.

I'll get back to you about that Thursday. If more people can make that date I will have to see about working around it the best I can.

OK, let me know. Is another day better for you? See if you can swing it and if not we can always choose another week. I would just rather it be when some schools are still in session but if not we'll make due. Is it just not enough notice for you?

So far Paul, Mike and I are definitely in and I e-mailed Gee since she doesn't come on the boards much anymore and I'll let you all know if I hear from her.

And I always get great deals off e-bay for tickets - got my BGE tickets last year for $34 each! I'm the ultimate bargain shopper! :-)

Jen

Re: Thursday June 14th 1st proposed date by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 5/26/12 4:50:38 PM
GoYanks34 said:

alpengeistno3 said:

GoYanks34 said:

alpengeistno3 said:

Paul

Jen

Paul

Jen

But if he does "jazz hands" it's half-price, right?

Re: Thursday June 14th 1st proposed date by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 5/26/12 4:55:12 PM
beastmaster said:

GoYanks34 said:

alpengeistno3 said:

GoYanks34 said:

alpengeistno3 said:

Paul

Jen

Paul

Jen

But if he does "jazz hands" it's half-price, right?

Oooh - I like your thinking! Nothing like bribery to get that perfect coaster picture! But it HAS to be on Nitro and knowing Paul he'll pay full price for the damn ticket before giving in to my ridiculous (but fun) demands!

Jen

Re: Thursday June 14th 1st proposed date by alpengeistno3 at 5/26/12 10:17:05 PM
NO JAZZ HANDS!! *smacks Jen upside head with sock*
"Homey don't play that!!!"

Paul

Re: Thursday June 14th 1st proposed date by frontrow frontrow Profile at 5/26/12 10:35:28 PM
We are planning on leaving for a Midwest coaster on June 8th. June 14th is the day we will be getting home. I'll let you guys know if our plans change, but as of now I won't be attending. On a side note, I plan on buying a Six Flags season pass in St. Louis. A SF Great Adventure trip at the end of summer is a possibility.
Re: Hershey Park URC trip by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 5/29/12 4:43:11 PM
Looks like I'm a no go for any weekday. I am definitely game for a weekend day sometime though.

I just can't swing getting off right now with not even being 2 months into a job (and I'm a temp.) I need those "can I possibly have a day off?) for other more important things *sigh*.

The weekend is fine though. I am trying to go to some other PA parks on a weekend soon as well.

If you guys are down for a SFGAdv trip I'd be available for saturday or sunday trip as well. It REALLY sucks because I want to go, but I need to think about my job first.

- mugen828
Re: Hershey Park URC trip by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 5/29/12 8:32:09 PM
mugen828 said:

Looks like I'm a no go for any weekday. I am definitely game for a weekend day sometime though.

I just can't swing getting off right now with not even being 2 months into a job (and I'm a temp.) I need those "can I possibly have a day off?) for other more important things *sigh*.

The weekend is fine though. I am trying to go to some other PA parks on a weekend soon as well.

If you guys are down for a SFGAdv trip I'd be available for saturday or sunday trip as well. It REALLY sucks because I want to go, but I need to think about my job first.

That sucks but I understand completely. I can't get a weekend off it seems! I am totally down for a SFGAdv trip and since I live 20 min away and have a season pass I should have no problem going with some notice. Even if it's on a Sat that I work I get out around 3 pm so I'd just have to meet up with you guys later on. Let us know when you are planning on going - only dates I won't be here for right now is the weekend of June 23rd (Metallica concert in AC), July 6th (have the Queensryche/Scorpions concert the night before and have to work Sat so I'll be dead!) and the first weekend in August (in San Diego).

Jen

Re: Hershey Park URC trip by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 5/30/12 12:51:54 PM
ok! Well I would definitely like to head SFGAdv with you and Mike or whoever.

Speaking of that Metallica show my friend who I usually go with will be at that show! haha.

I was going to do a big PA/Ohio/Indiana trip with my friend. But with work we might be splitting up our trip to a few sporadic weekends. I am looking to get to great adventure a bunch more time, including the water park once or twice.

So a lot of opportunities for some coaster riding!

- mugen828
Re: Hershey Park URC trip by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 5/30/12 12:59:53 PM
mugen828 said:

ok! Well I would definitely like to head SFGAdv with you and Mike or whoever.

Maybe this time you'll actually say "Hello!" J/K..be cool to meet you and your peeps if they're with ya.

Maybe this time you'll actually say "Hello!" J/K..be cool to meet you and your peeps if they're with ya.

Re: Hershey Park URC trip by Great_Ump Great_Ump Profile at 5/30/12 1:50:52 PM
Did you all settle on a date? I'd be down if you went on the 14th.

Joe
Great_Ump

Re: Hershey Park URC trip by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 5/30/12 2:24:41 PM
Great_Ump said:

Joe
Great_Ump

The 14th is still tentative, but nothing else has really been floated, so that's likely. It's not looking like a particularly large group, but it'd be cool if you could join us, Joe.

Mike

Re: Hershey Park URC trip by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 5/30/12 9:51:44 PM
beastmaster said:

Great_Ump said:

Joe
Great_Ump

It's not looking like a particularly large group, but it'd be cool if you could join us, Joe.

Mike

Especially since Joe and I actually began to agree on things for the first time in years, I think it would only be proper for us to finally meet! And if Drachen can meet up with us later on that would be great too!

I think the 14th is the date. Lets leave it there. I ordered the promo code off e-bay. Once I get it and test it I'll post and we'll see how many tickets we need.

Jen

Re: Hershey Park URC trip by Great_Ump Great_Ump Profile at 5/31/12 2:23:04 AM
I'm eyeing Monday the 4th now as I have my final finance class on the 14th. If I can lose the attendance points without dropping a whole letter grade for the class, I'll probably be there. Depends on what my grade is on a research paper that was worth 40% of my grade... hope to know soon.

Joe
Great_Ump

Re: Hershey Park URC trip by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 6/2/12 6:33:56 AM
OK, we're less than two weeks out. Who's in for the 14th?

Me
Jen
Paul(?)
Drachen(later in the day?)
Hersheyworker(later in the day?)
Joe(?)
Kyle(call out sick? ;)

Any other takers? ThighCrush is calling your names...

Mike

Re: Hershey Park URC trip by alpengeistno3 at 6/2/12 11:04:57 AM
I've been in.

Paul

Re: Hershey Park URC trip by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 6/2/12 12:14:33 PM
alpengeistno3 said:

I've been in.

Paul

Just checkin' :)

Re: URC 200 trip - blast from the past!!! by RobLec RobLec Profile at 6/2/12 4:41:38 PM
I was going thru a box of stuff yesterday and found my original PKI ticket and name tag from URC2000... Wow!
Re: Hershey Park URC trip by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 6/4/12 8:51:17 PM
Got the code today and it's valid - $30/ticket. Let me know who needs one and if you ask for one you BETTER show up with the cash or else......

Jen

Re: Hershey Park URC trip by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 6/4/12 9:35:33 PM
As I told you, you'll get a check from me with a rollercoaster on it..maybe even with your boyfriend in the background.

Mike

Re: Hershey Park URC trip by alpengeistno3 at 6/4/12 10:09:07 PM
Cash me in for 1!

Paul

Re: Hershey Park URC trip by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 6/8/12 9:34:36 PM
I am ordering the tickets tomorrow so speak now (if you're not Mike or Paul) or forever hold your peace!

Jen

Re: Hershey Park URC trip by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 6/9/12 5:44:51 AM
GoYanks34 said:

I am ordering the tickets tomorrow so speak now (if you're not Mike or Paul) or forever hold your peace!

Jen

Cool. I'm still in.

Re: Hershey Park URC trip by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 6/19/12 9:00:49 PM
Just want to say we had a fantastic time (with the exception of Skyrush nearly disabling me - more on that later LOL) and I will post our TR tomorrow - just got home and I need some dinner. It's been a LONG day!

Jen

Re: Hershey Park URC trip by ktujon ktujon Profile at 6/20/12 10:46:05 PM
Glad you had a good time jen!
Since school is pretty much out next week in NJ do you know which would be the best day to goto GA Monday or Tuesday?
Re: Hershey Park URC trip by theRock-steel theRock-steel Profile at 6/20/12 11:37:15 PM
Fahrenheit impressed me the most. Sorry Skyrush, but I don't like having part of me crushed while something tries to separate the top half of me from the rest. Even though the third new coaster for me, Roller Soaker, had a very rare short line there was nothing to get worked up about. SDL and Sidewinder have made improvements. Comet, Great Bear, and Wildcat are pretty much what they have always been. Lightning Racer continues to be the top dog here. Four or so very good flats keep "The Sweetest Place On Earth" a well rounded place to go.
Re: Hershey Park URC trip by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 6/21/12 10:34:09 AM
ktujon said:

Since school is pretty much out next week in NJ do you know which would be the best day to goto GA Monday or Tuesday?

I'd say Tues since in the summer a lot of people take Mondays or Fridays off to extend their weekends.

Have fun!

Jen

Re: Hershey Park URC trip by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 6/21/12 10:35:51 AM
theRock-steel said:

Sorry Skyrush, but I don't like having part of me crushed while something tries to separate the top half of me from the rest.

I agree 100%!!! I rode last Thurs - 1 week ago - and I am still having muscle spasms in my back from that damn coaster.

Jen

Re: Hershey Park URC trip by alpengeistno3 at 6/21/12 11:45:54 AM
ktujon said:

I can't call myself an expert on Gradv, but there are plenty of amusement park books that say Tuesday is the least attended day for almost any park. Hasn't failed me, yet.

Paul

Re: Hershey Park URC trip by Kevin_Page Kevin_Page Profile at 6/28/12 7:41:15 AM
Was planning on doing both HP/Knoebels on September 22/23.

My concern was that Maverick beat the crap out of my wife, Skyrush may rip her in half.

Anyone else plan on going around this time ?

Re: Hershey Park URC trip by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 6/28/12 10:24:29 AM
Kevin_Page said:

Was planning on doing both HP/Knoebels on September 22/23.

My concern was that Maverick beat the crap out of my wife, Skyrush may rip her in half.

Anyone else plan on going around this time ?

If she thought Maverick was bad keep her away from Skyrush. I personally think Maverick is over-rated and a little rough at times but quite ride-able. The difference is that Maverick gets you banged up b/c of the OTSRs but can easily be ridden well with defensive riding techniques. Skyrush gets you banged up because of the painful pressure on the thighs and no body support which makes you thrash around from side to side quite forcefully. And after trying 3 times the only thing I was able to do was prevent the restraints from amputating my legs, couldn't figure out how to defensively ride it in a way that I wasn't flopping around like a rag doll. It's too fast and the twists and turns are over before you can see them to anticipate what's coming next.

If she wants to try it ride it late. Don't do what I did and ride it first thing then be sore for the rest of the day.

Jen