Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Article re Goliath at Six Flags New England

Article re Goliath at Six Flags New England

MABrider MABrider Profile

Posted:
5/21/12 at
7:42:35 AM

From the online version of today's Boston Globe (Monday, May 21, link below), an article about the relocation of SFMM's Deja Vu to SFNE.

The author did a good job. Usually there is a moment where I wish I could be correcting the writers of such articles "right now" but that didn't happen as I read this one.
Most enthusiasts know what I mean by that!

For those of you familiar with SFNE but have not visited this year, as you look at the accompanying photo, that is Goliath's entrance just over the man in gray's right shoulder. And the park's bumper cars are just to the right of where the photographer snapped the photo. All considered part of Crack Axle Canyon.

May 21 article: SFNE Goliath

Mike B.
Re: Article re Goliath at Six Flags New England by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 5/21/12 3:45:33 PM
The trains haven't changed? Those are the same train with the odd wing seats on each side. I thought they were going to four-abreast, but was always suspect about clearance issues.
--
Eric
Ultimate Rollercoaster Moderator
Re: Article re Goliath at Six Flags New England by Absimilliard Absimilliard Profile at 5/21/12 4:01:48 PM
They were planning to change the train. They even showed a computer mock-up of what the new Premier Rides train would like. But, there are either design or fabrication delays with that train and so Six Flags opened it on time with the refurbed train from SFMM.

Whispers going around mention either 2013 or fall 2012 for the new train on Goliath.

Re: Article re Goliath at Six Flags New England by MABrider MABrider Profile at 5/21/12 5:18:26 PM
Yep, I didn't notice those old trains.
There is a delay, as mentioned.
Figures...
Mike B.
Re: Article re Goliath at Six Flags New England by alpengeistno3 at 5/21/12 6:02:21 PM
Holiday World and Knoebels will be the first to tell you that new trains can be a B^%*( !!

Paul

Re: Article re Goliath at Six Flags New England by theRock-steel theRock-steel Profile at 5/22/12 6:05:32 AM
I planed a CT / MA / NH / ME / NY trip but I'm not sure that I will ever take it. There would be a lot of driving around to small parks with just a hand full of rides. I do miss the Déjà Vu that I was able to ride at SFOG however.
New trains have seemed to make a difference for some GCI woodens (Gwazi and Wildcat) and some Boomerangs and SLC's were made more comfortable with changes to their trains (Sidewinder and Gauntlet). I don't know if the idea here with Goliath is to make the ride more fun, increase capacity, or keep it from breaking down every day.
Re: Article re Goliath at Six Flags New England by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 5/22/12 6:05:46 PM
I like these moves as now smaller parks can enjoy the rides from the bigger parks, that and now if I wanted to ride this coaster, I won't have to fly to the other part of the country to get on it :).

I still don't like the generic use of the word Goliath. Why can't they be more original with tha names? imo, Goliaths should be used for SF's hyper coasters and nothing else.

Re: Article re Goliath at Six Flags New England by sfne429 at 6/4/12 9:08:26 PM
I just rode Goliath this past weekend. What a roller coaster!! The feeling of being dropped straight down was the scariest feeling I have ever had in my life. Finally six flags new england has brought in a ride that people can be excited again for. The only thing i dont like is the fact that Goliath and Flashback are right next to each other. Still enjoyed the ride, what a rush! Wait time wasnt even that bad, only waited about an hour on a busy day.