Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Cedar Point Opening Day

Cedar Point Opening Day

NotSo NotSo Profile

Posted:
5/13/12 at
2:48:32 PM

Lots of coaster downtime.
The park looks great.
MS and BS are running great, MS bumps and shakes are completely gone and its running better than ever, not the greatest woodie but its running smooth, we rode 5 times so that says it all.
Fast lane you will either love it or hate it. Don't need it today at all, but Saturday was awesome. 2 3/4hr waits and we just walked past everyone and rode. Thank you Cedar Point thank you thank you thank you thank you. Awesome day yesterday, crowds were rather large but it didnt matter. Great day!

Park is empty today. Maverick was a 5 min wait at 11am.

Funny thing yesterday- we rode BS about 1pm and saw the line to process season passes, wow, ran all the way around the entire picnic area and back down the length of BS and over into the parking lot by the buses. Had to be like a 5hr line.

* This post was modified at 5/13/12 8:59:05 PM *

Re: CP opening day by NotSo NotSo Profile at 5/13/12 6:30:17 PM
I love Cedar Point. I could live at Hotel Breakers all summer, beach, location, 2 park entrances, just awesome.. great time.
Re: CP opening day by frontrow frontrow Profile at 5/13/12 8:22:54 PM
NotSo said:

I love Cedar Point. I could live at Hotel Breakers all summer, beach, location, 2 park entrances, just awesome.. great time.

I treated my family to a Cedar Point trip in 2002. We stayed at Hotel Breakers. Just like you, I was amazed by the whole experience. If I ever hit the power ball, I'm booking a room for a month. Glad you guys are having fun.

Re: CP opening day by NotSo NotSo Profile at 5/13/12 9:04:23 PM
frontrow said:

NotSo said:

I treated my family to a Cedar Point trip in 2002. We stayed at Hotel Breakers. Just like you, I was amazed by the whole experience. If I ever hit the power ball, I'm booking a room for a month. Glad you guys are having fun.

Hotel Breakers is just an old, classic, beautiful hotel. Standing on the beach looking at the hotel and park is a wonderful view. I love staying in the old Bon Air section, close to Soak City and the back entrance. Its also cool to have some valet kids carry all your stuff to your room, then tip em 15 bucks and watch them smile. All good stuff.

* This post was modified at 5/13/12 9:06:49 PM *

Re: CP opening day by drachen drachen Profile at 5/13/12 9:26:57 PM
Thanks for the update on Cedar Point - a place I haven't been to since 2003. Wow... has it been that long?

I've stayed at Breakers, and I've stayed at Lighthouse Point. I loved both, but give me Lighthouse Point any day. The cozy cabins on Lake Eerie are very nice, and of course you have a park full of roller coasters just a short walk away to an early entry.

Staying on the island is the only way to do it. I need to get back there, but I've been waiting for a new roller coaster (besides Maverick) to make the trip. I'm really hoping 2013 is the year.

* This post was modified at 5/13/12 9:27:28 PM *

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.87 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.57 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28%
Friend me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: CP opening day by NotSo NotSo Profile at 5/13/12 10:07:40 PM
Ah yes, Lighthouse Point is sweet. We did a 6 year in a row span where we stayed there a few days every May. Its been like 4 years since we stayed there, but we will be staying there in a few days and looking forward to it. My son was 15 months old the first time we stayed at Lighthouse Point, gonna be cool to stay there yet again. 20 feet from Lake Erie is pretty awesome.

The park was really clean, and the rides looked great. Blue Streak has a fresh coat of light blue paint. Mean Streak was a big surprise. Rode Maverick more than any other ride, did a dime on it. Did a nickel on MS, Magnum, and Gemini. Dragster only once, it was down a lot. MF was down until about 4pm i think, it was having issues all day. Even BS broke down for awhile, but opening day all that stuff is expected. Was a great day.

Re: Cedar Point Opening Day by sarki7 sarki7 Profile at 5/15/12 5:53:02 PM
Looking forward to my visit in 3 weeks, and glad it'll be a weekday. The MS reviews have me psyched, and I can't wait to see for myself. I never had the vitriol towards it many had, just thought it was mediocre, and if anything, a lot of wasted potential.

Making my first stay at the Breakers, stunned how close to the action it is - more so than any Disney hotel I can imagine.

Oh, and put me down for HATE side of Fastlane. Not going to incentivise poor operations with my hard-earned dollars.

But yeah...counting down the days!

* This post was modified at 5/15/12 5:55:20 PM *

Coaster Count: 331 (268/63)
Favorite Steel, Wood: Montu, Thunderhead
www.gregscoasterphotos.com ← Go there! It's good!
Re: Cedar Point Opening Day by NotSo NotSo Profile at 5/18/12 9:02:18 PM
Was funny this week seeing the fast laners while eveything was a walk on for the most part. Dumb.

Cottages are so cool, right on the lake.

Talked to single rider 2 this morning, serious coaster rider.

Rode wicked twister 4 times in the front without getting off, no one in line. Awesome.