Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Theme Parks In Jeopardy!

Theme Parks In Jeopardy!

beastmaster beastmaster Profile

Posted:
5/8/12 at
7:57:37 PM

In my never-ending effort to spot every theme/amusement park/roller coaster/ride reference in the pop culture universe, one fell into my lap yesterday.

Jeopardy! is a ritual for me..never miss it as long as I'm home and not on the phone..and it's not a re-run.

Last night's Teen Tournament semi-final featured a category called Theme Park Fun. Herewith, I'll give you the answers...paraphrased, of course. I'm sure everyone here will come up with the "questions" rather quickly.

$200
Knott's Berry Farm features a children's area themed to this character, Charlie Brown's beagle

$400
A British theme park, based on this novel, features the Knave Of Hearts and the Red Queen

$600
Smoky Mountain River (Rampage? Rapids?) is a raft ride at this Tennessee theme park named for country singer Parton

$800
Appropriately, Holiday World is located in the Indiana town named for this jolly fellow

$1000
Soak City is a waterpark located at this Ohio park...get the Point?

Yes, of course, the clues seem ridiculously easy to us. But hey, these kids might or might not have ever known of these places. I didn't even know the answer to the $400 clue existed..I answered correctly based on the information in the clue.

Have at it!

Mike

Re: Theme Parks In Jeopardy! by CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile at 5/8/12 8:13:33 PM
beastmaster said:

In my never-ending effort to spot every theme/amusement park/roller coaster/ride reference in the pop culture universe, one fell into my lap yesterday.


Jeopardy! is a ritual for me..never miss it as long as I'm home and not on the phone..and it's not a re-run.

Last night's Teen Tournament semi-final featured a category called Theme Park Fun. Herewith, I'll give you the answers...paraphrased, of course. I'm sure everyone here will come up with the "questions" rather quickly.

$200
Knott's Berry Farm features a children's area themed to this character, Charlie Brown's beagle

$400
A British theme park, based on this novel, features the Knave Of Hearts and the Red Queen

$600
Smoky Mountain River (Rampage? Rapids?) is a raft ride at this Tennessee theme park named for country singer Parton

$800
Appropriately, Holiday World is located in the Indiana town named for this jolly fellow

$1000
Soak City is a waterpark located at this Ohio park...get the Point?

Yes, of course, the clues seem ridiculously easy to us. But hey, these kids might or might not have ever known of these places. I didn't even know the answer to the $400 clue existed..I answered correctly based on the information in the clue.

Have at it!

Mike

Yet Soak City is KI and I think Geauga names now as well

Re: Theme Parks In Jeopardy! by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 5/8/12 8:20:27 PM
The one by CP is Soak City too, isn't it?

Those were really easy - the only one I didn't know is the one in GB.

Jen

Re: Theme Parks In Jeopardy! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 5/8/12 8:43:38 PM
GoYanks34 said:

The one by CP is Soak City too, isn't it?


Those were really easy - the only one I didn't know is the one in GB.

Jen

Yeah, that's the one they wanted...note the use of the phrase "get the Point?" in the clue..that was their phrasing, not mine.

As far as the one in Britain, they were looking for the name of the book, which I'm sure you DO know.

Mike

(My sig works!)

* This post was modified at 5/8/12 8:45:23 PM *

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Theme Parks In Jeopardy! by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 5/8/12 10:37:18 PM
beastmaster said:

GoYanks34 said:

The one by CP is Soak City too, isn't it?


Those were really easy - the only one I didn't know is the one in GB.

Jen

Yeah, that's the one they wanted...note the use of the phrase "get the Point?" in the clue..that was their phrasing, not mine.

As far as the one in Britain, they were looking for the name of the book, which I'm sure you DO know.

Mike

(My sig works!)

They have an Alice in Wonderland theme park?! That's a bit odd.....

Jen

Re: Theme Parks In Jeopardy! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 5/9/12 6:12:00 AM
GoYanks34 said:

beastmaster said:

GoYanks34 said:

The one by CP is Soak City too, isn't it?


Those were really easy - the only one I didn't know is the one in GB.

Jen

Yeah, that's the one they wanted...note the use of the phrase "get the Point?" in the clue..that was their phrasing, not mine.

As far as the one in Britain, they were looking for the name of the book, which I'm sure you DO know.

Mike

(My sig works!)

They have an Alice in Wonderland theme park?! That's a bit odd.....

Jen

Well, sort of. Here ya go:

http://www.adventurewonderland.co.uk/thepark.aspx

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...