Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > can I ride with a cast?

can I ride with a cast?

partyguy190 partyguy190 Profile

Posted:
5/5/12 at
9:07:56 AM

I have a cast on my right hand its a boxers fracture just wondering what all I cant ride.. Usually do the six flags circuit st louis, chicago, georgia

Re: can I ride with a cast? by CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile at 5/5/12 9:55:32 AM
partyguy190 said:

I have a cast on my right hand its a boxers fracture just wondering what all I cant ride.. Usually do the six flags circuit st louis, chicago, georgia

Depends what the rides restrictions say. Call the parks your trying to visit for that information.

Once saw a guy at KI try to ride Drop Zone/Tower and they refused him. So he proceeded to rip his cast off then rode. Oh Vey.

Re: can I ride with a cast? by RobLec RobLec Profile at 5/5/12 11:04:48 AM
There's even a sign at the entrance to DZ "No Casts" and always wondered why not. I guess one could accidentally or deliberately be removed and fall on the crowds below.
Re: can I ride with a cast? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 5/5/12 11:21:40 AM
CoasterFanatic said:

partyguy190 said:

Depends what the rides restrictions say. Call the parks your trying to visit for that information.

Once saw a guy at KI try to ride Drop Zone/Tower and they refused him. So he proceeded to rip his cast off then rode. Oh Vey.

Now THAT'S hardcore.

Mike

Re: can I ride with a cast? by Absimilliard Absimilliard Profile at 5/5/12 12:25:53 PM
I did check into that a few years cause my friend broke her wrist shortly before a trip to KI, SFKK and HW. Basically, what was said:

KI: no casts allowed on Drop Tower, Diamondback and no leg cast on Flight of Fear

Six Flags (all of them except La Ronde seem to follow the same rules): if the cast goes over the elbow or knee, you're not allowed on any rides. If it stops before the elbow, you're fine.

HW: no restrictions whatsoever it seems! If the cast is waterproof, you can even try the waterpark.

Re: can I ride with a cast? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 5/5/12 4:46:23 PM
I've seen quite a few people ride with casts on at SF parks so If it's just your hand/wrist you should be fine. I would call ahead to be sure though.

Jen