Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Canada's Wonderland... New One for 2012 Video Clip

Canada's Wonderland... New One for 2012 Video Clip

KevinReid KevinReid Profile

Posted:
4/30/12 at
11:44:19 AM

http://www.cbc.ca/news/offbeat/story/2012/04/28/leviathan-roller-coaster.html

Regards,
Kevin "need I say more" Reid

Re: Canada's Wonderland... New One for 2012 Video Clip by MABrider MABrider Profile at 4/30/12 1:06:33 PM
I have never been to CW.
Ever since I became aware of Leviathan being built for 2012, I have been thinking of attending the September 15 ACE event ("Rollercoasters, eh?") as a way to get me to that park.

Not to mention the morning and evening ERT sessions* which most assuredly will include Leviathan during one of them. And Behemoth, one would hope.

I just gotta get the brain in gear to make some actual plans.

Anyone else with similar thoughts?

* based on the 2011 event flyer; 2012 not yet published

Mike B.
Re: Canada's Wonderland... New One for 2012 Video Clip by ray_p ray_p Profile at 4/30/12 7:01:01 PM
It's been 20 years since my last visit to CW, so I'd say I am long overdue for a visit. Leviathan looks like a B&M version of Millennium Force, so it sounds like it would be right up my alley. I've got my passport so I have no excuses!

I'd also have to do that Sky Walk thing at the CN Tower. That looks sick!

Re: Canada's Wonderland... New One for 2012 Video Clip by Absimilliard Absimilliard Profile at 4/30/12 9:58:27 PM
I am seriously thinking about attending that event this year. I skipped it due to work last year and maybe... I will finally have an enjoyable visit to Canada's Wonderland?
Re: Canada's Wonderland... New One for 2012 Video Clip by MABrider MABrider Profile at 5/1/12 8:11:19 AM
ray_p said:

It's been 20 years since my last visit to CW, so I'd say I am long overdue for a visit. Leviathan looks like a B&M version of Millennium Force, so it sounds like it would be right up my alley. I've got my passport so I have no excuses!

Yeah, but you probably can't wait until September, right, Ray?
:-)

Would be nice if you could...

Mike B.
Re: Canada's Wonderland... New One for 2012 Video Clip by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 5/1/12 9:51:09 AM
I really want to revisit Canada's Wonderland this year. Leviathan looks great and I've never ridden Behemoth.
--
Eric
Ultimate Rollercoaster Moderator
Re: Canada's Wonderland... New One for 2012 Video Clip by ray_p ray_p Profile at 5/1/12 11:24:45 AM
MABrider said:

Yeah, but you probably can't wait until September, right, Ray?
:-)

Would be nice if you could...

I'll see what I can do Mike. :)

They've got FastLane now at CW, so as long as I had that, it wouldn't matter when i visited!

And besides Leviathan, there's a few other credits I need- Behemoth, The Fly, Backlot Stunt Coaster, Flight Deck, and my first-ever Volare.

Like I said- there's no excuse for me not going!

Re: Canada's Wonderland... New One for 2012 Video Clip by sarki7 sarki7 Profile at 5/1/12 4:26:23 PM
Making my very first visit to CW in a month! Really quite psyched, and not just for Leviathan. I was pleasantly surprised by how well things went during my visit to Kings Dominion last year, and I hope to see this park running as well (and the crowds as light, if I may be greedy).

Can't say I have *huuuge* expectations for Leviathan, I'm certainly more into Intimidator (305) than Millennium Force, but that drop looks nuts, and I like the change of pace for the layout. A potential top 10 or even top 20 coaster is nothing to sneeze at.

But the rest of the park seems fascinating. A huge variety in the coaster collection, lots of nice scenery, and that mountain in the middle. On top of it all - a damned-rare Arrow suspended coaster. So glad to be finally making a visit.

Coaster Count: 331 (268/63)
Favorite Steel, Wood: Montu, Thunderhead
www.gregscoasterphotos.com ← Go there! It's good!
Re: Canada's Wonderland... New One for 2012 Video Clip by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 5/1/12 4:36:24 PM
sarki7 said:

But the rest of the park seems fascinating. A huge variety in the coaster collection, lots of nice scenery, and that mountain in the middle. On top of it all - a damned-rare Arrow suspended coaster. So glad to be finally making a visit.

Actually, that mountain" contains what was an excellent surprise of a coaster..Thunder Run, one of mt favorites there. I also liked Wild Beast. I was more impressed with the overall look and feel of the park and their collection of flats than I was with their coaster collection. But I'd ride Leviathan in a heartbeat.

Mike

Re: Canada's Wonderland... New One for 2012 Video Clip by sarki7 sarki7 Profile at 5/1/12 4:48:14 PM
beastmaster said:

Actually, that mountain" contains what was an excellent surprise of a coaster..Thunder Run, one of mt favorites there. I also liked Wild Beast. I was more impressed with the overall look and feel of the park and their collection of flats than I was with their coaster collection. But I'd ride Leviathan in a heartbeat.

Mike

Thanks Mike, I’ve been doing a lot of research (easily the biggest park I know the least about) and saw Thunder Run tucked in there, but didn’t know it was much to speak of. Do they still give a double circuit on it?

How are Wild Beast and Minebuster in terms of roughness? I’m not expecting anything like glass, but I wonder if I should bring (extra) Advil.

Good to know what to expect. Really, the coaster collection seems more varied than actually good. Quantity over quality with the exception of a few headliners I guess. But still, it looks beautiful, and I’ll be sure to queue up for some of the more impressive flat rides – once I hit all the coasters of course. :}

BTW – am I fooling myself thinking I can hit all 15 (adult) coasters in one day without an upcharge line-cutting pass? (I’m morally opposed to them, so I’d rather miss a couple lesser coasters than subsidize poor operations.) I’m thinking a weekday in early June (Thurs the 7th or Fri the 8th), with 10am-8pm operation, and a plan to arrive early, it might not be impossible. Am I nuts?

Re: Canada's Wonderland... New One for 2012 Video Clip by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 5/1/12 5:07:20 PM
sarki7 said:

beastmaster said:

Mike

Thanks Mike, I’ve been doing a lot of research (easily the biggest park I know the least about) and saw Thunder Run tucked in there, but didn’t know it was much to speak of. Do they still give a double circuit on it?

How are Wild Beast and Minebuster in terms of roughness? I’m not expecting anything like glass, but I wonder if I should bring (extra) Advil.

Good to know what to expect. Really, the coaster collection seems more varied than actually good. Quantity over quality with the exception of a few headliners I guess. But still, it looks beautiful, and I’ll be sure to queue up for some of the more impressive flat rides – once I hit all the coasters of course. :}

BTW – am I fooling myself thinking I can hit all 15 (adult) coasters in one day without an upcharge line-cutting pass? (I’m morally opposed to them, so I’d rather miss a couple lesser coasters than subsidize poor operations.) I’m thinking a weekday in early June (Thurs the 7th or Fri the 8th), with 10am-8pm operation, and a plan to arrive early, it might not be impossible. Am I nuts?

My sole visit was on a weekday in late June of 2010. Thunder Run was doubling up then. I call the Minebuster the Spinebuster, so that should answer that question. Wild Beast is a bit smoother, but better toward the front. You don't know me as well as many on here, so you wouldn't know that's practically BLASPHEMY coming from my keyboard.

The longest line I waited in was Behemoth, about 45 minutes twice. Everything else was 20 minutes or less. Leviathan, of course will pull sizable crowds to the park.

Mike

Re: Canada's Wonderland... New One for 2012 Video Clip by KevinReid KevinReid Profile at 5/2/12 11:47:03 AM
sarki7 said:

Being the PCW Jumkies YES! it is possible to do all coasters in one day especially if you go there before Canada Day July 1. Early June no problem with many re-rides. Be there when the park first opens!

By the way welcome to URC a fantastic website run by our friend Eric.

Regards,
Kevin Reid

Re: Canada's Wonderland... New One for 2012 Video Clip by sarki7 sarki7 Profile at 5/4/12 4:29:44 PM
Got it - stay towards the front on Wild Beast, even though that may be morally objectionable otherwise.

I'll definitely be there early, and I've been doing some digging and have my touring plan down (starting on the right side with Leviathan and hitting the low capacity coasters there, then cutting across the front, working my way to Behemoth, and then heading into the center and back of the park), but I wonder, how doable is a drive from downtown to the park in the morning? We're staying by the University. 10am opening, is an 8:30am departure gonna do it? Heading northbound on the 401 looks fine, but is getting to that from 400 westbound a nightmare? How efficient are my public transit options if you think driving is crazy?