Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > SFGadv ERT on Sky Screamer

SFGadv ERT on Sky Screamer

GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile

Posted:
4/29/12 at
12:36:57 PM

Why do I have to find out about this on the GAdv history website?

Shouldn't they be letting season pass holders know about these sort of things? I found this on the website only after I clicked on the ride - they should send us an e-mail!
http://www.sixflags.com/greatAdventure/rides/skyscreamer.aspx

And there is a coupon in my pass book for "Coasters after dark" on 5/4 - anyone know what that even is? There's nothing on their website except it has the park closing at 6 pm so I assume there is something going on after that but what? Is it only for SP holders?

And did they do away with season pass holder day? Haven't had a season pass in about 7 years or so since I lived in upstate NY for a few years and then was in vet school but every time I had one prior there was a day when the park was only open to SP holders.

Jen

Re: SFGadv ERT on Sky Screamer by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 4/29/12 2:42:15 PM
I went to Coasters After Dark a coupla years ago. Then, the park closed to the GP at 5. I didn't get down there until after 6 from work. Every coaster wasn't open, but it was only for SP holders after 5.

That's the first I heard of the ERT on Sky Screamer. Last year, when they had passholder preview days (i.e, ERT) on Green Lantern, it was pretty widely advertised. I'm sure there'll be an e-mail about this shortly, once they know for sure it will be open on those dates.

Mike

* This post was modified at 4/29/12 2:44:22 PM *

Re: SFGadv ERT on Sky Screamer by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 4/29/12 2:50:28 PM
beastmaster said:

I went to Coasters After Dark a coupla years ago. Then, the park closed to the GP at 5. I didn't get down there until after 6 from work. Every coaster wasn't open, but it was only for SP holders after 5.

That's the first I heard of the ERT on Sky Screamer. Last year, when they had passholder preview days (i.e, ERT) on Green Lantern, it was pretty widely advertised. I'm sure there'll be an e-mail about this shortly, once they know for sure it will be open on those dates. Remember, as good a site as greatadventurehistory.com is, it is not a SF affiliated site.

Mike

That pic was taken AT Great Adventure by one of the people who posts for them during one of their TRs so I'm not sure why you mention the site is not affiliated with SF. What's the difference if the pic came directly from an advertisement at the park?

What time did the park stay open until for the coaster after dark thing? Strange that it is a season pass holder event but we have coupons to bring a friend. That doesn't make much sense....

Jen

Re: SFGadv ERT on Sky Screamer by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 4/29/12 3:46:08 PM
GoYanks34 said:

beastmaster said:

That's the first I heard of the ERT on Sky Screamer. Last year, when they had passholder preview days (i.e, ERT) on Green Lantern, it was pretty widely advertised. I'm sure there'll be an e-mail about this shortly, once they know for sure it will be open on those dates. Remember, as good a site as greatadventurehistory.com is, it is not a SF affiliated site.

Mike

That pic was taken AT Great Adventure by one of the people who posts for them during one of their TRs so I'm not sure why you mention the site is not affiliated with SF. What's the difference if the pic came directly from an advertisement at the park?

What time did the park stay open until for the coaster after dark thing? Strange that it is a season pass holder event but we have coupons to bring a friend. That doesn't make much sense....

Jen

Yeah, I didn't realize the pic was of a sign at the park at first glance.

They closed the park at 9 when I did Coasters After Dark. There were a lot of Passholders there, so there were waits for the majors.

Re: SFGadv ERT on Sky Screamer by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 4/29/12 5:43:04 PM
I am not a big fan of the so called coasters after dark in May.I think it is silly because it is not even dark out from 6 till 9.Plus it is on a Friday night which makes it hard for people to get there by 6 because of working and the traffic that is really bad on a Friday evening rush hour!!
Re: SFGadv ERT on Sky Screamer by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 4/29/12 8:15:15 PM
chitlins73 said:

I am not a big fan of the so called coasters after dark in May.I think it is silly because it is not even dark out from 6 till 9.Plus it is on a Friday night which makes it hard for people to get there by 6 because of working and the traffic that is really bad on a Friday evening rush hour!!

Exactly! Is this what they do in place of season pass holder day now? A few hours of cold weather riding at dusk? Not cool.....

And in the pass holder book the coupon is to bring a friend for $19.99 - really? $19.99 for 3 hours?! *shakes head*

Jen

Re: SFGadv ERT on Sky Screamer by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 4/30/12 10:15:41 AM
Season pass "exclusives" have died down and it's a terrible incentive for people to get one. It is however a great move for the parks to make money.

SFGAdv is $61 to get in but $64.99 to get a season pass...so what are people buying?

I remember when I paid for a season pass (two park combo) for $90-120. Now, the safari isn't free with admission so they market a new *three park combo*.

This year I paid about $80 for a sp for the safari, GAdv, and HH. That is a STEAL compared to what it was before, BUT, the park has changed and so has the incentives.

As someone commented there used to be a season pass holder day, and if I remember correctly, a few coaster after dark events, not just one. The coupons have been lightened...but I still get use out of my coupon book.

I'd rather have a season pass that I pay more for, and get more exclusive stuff and be part of a crowd that gets a day to themselves, than be just like everyone else with a coupon book.

- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: SFGadv ERT on Sky Screamer by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 4/30/12 8:51:16 PM
mugen828 said:

Season pass "exclusives" have died down and it's a terrible incentive for people to get one. It is however a great move for the parks to make money.

SFGAdv is $61 to get in but $64.99 to get a season pass...so what are people buying?

I remember when I paid for a season pass (two park combo) for $90-120. Now, the safari isn't free with admission so they market a new *three park combo*.

This year I paid about $80 for a sp for the safari, GAdv, and HH. That is a STEAL compared to what it was before, BUT, the park has changed and so has the incentives.

As someone commented there used to be a season pass holder day, and if I remember correctly, a few coaster after dark events, not just one. The coupons have been lightened...but I still get use out of my coupon book.

I'd rather have a season pass that I pay more for, and get more exclusive stuff and be part of a crowd that gets a day to themselves, than be just like everyone else with a coupon book.

I agree 100%!

Jen