Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Superman Ultimate Flight at SFDK going vertical

Superman Ultimate Flight at SFDK going vertical

sarki7 sarki7 Profile

Posted:
4/26/12 at
5:00:29 PM

Hi all - new member here, so forgive any posting etiquette blunders (e.g., creating a new thread for an existing topic), but I wanted to share some (modestly) exciting news from one of my local parks:

http://twitter.com/#!/premierrides/status/194859750431784960/photo/1

Hard to believe it's just getting started, but I can't imagine there's much to slow them down. Opening says late Spring, so, what, mid-June? :}

I'll try not to dwell on capacity issues. It sure looks like a lot of fun.

Coaster Count: 331 (268/63)
Favorite Steel, Wood: Montu, Thunderhead
www.gregscoasterphotos.com ← Go there! It's good!
Re: Superman Ultimate Flight at SFDK going vertical by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 4/27/12 3:32:47 PM
First off, welcome! and as far as discussing any new rides for the year there are two threads "new for 2012" and a "new for 2013" but I don't see an issue in discussing a particular ride in a new thread! but then again, I just post here haha.

Welcome! and yeah that ride looks like fun, I'd prefer it to be longer, but the more coasters the better!

- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: Superman Ultimate Flight at SFDK going vertical by sarki7 sarki7 Profile at 4/27/12 3:48:35 PM
Oops, I had a feeling I'd commit some posting faux pas with my first contribution. Thanks for the leniency, and thanks much for the welcome. The board I used to post on has died a slow death, so it's nice to check out another community. Everyone seems real since so far.

I'll be sure to post Superman updates in the new'fer 2012 thread. Just got a little excited to see some track!

Re: Superman Ultimate Flight at SFDK going vertical by frontrow frontrow Profile at 4/27/12 4:09:07 PM
Welcome to the best coaster forum. You'll find out the most people here are insightful, knowledgeable, and will make an extra effort in answering any questions you may have. I have been here for about 16 months and I have learned so much from the people on here. There are even people on here meet up with each other at parks a few times a year. I have yet to meet anyone on the forum, but I feel like I know most of the regulars on here.
Re: Superman Ultimate Flight at SFDK going vertical by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 4/27/12 5:02:12 PM
You know what you should make a thread about?

An introduction of yourself! There are a lot of people who post regularly and I'm sure they'd like to get to know you! don't be afraid to ask questions, the site just got updated a little bit so no worries.

Also add some coasters to your profile if you haven't, I like the profile feature but ppl seldom use it!

- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: Superman Ultimate Flight at SFDK going vertical by sarki7 sarki7 Profile at 4/27/12 5:11:09 PM
Thanks guys - I appreciate the sense of community. I've been an coaster/park fan for almost 20 years now, and if there's one thing that comes close to the joy of riding coasters, it's meeting people, making friends, and discussing this unique passion of ours.

The funny thing is, the first thing I looked for after I created my account was a *Welcome New Members - post here* kind of introduction thread. I guess I may as well go ahead and start one. ;)

Just wonder if I should do it in this section, or in the Open Topic section.

* This post was modified at 4/27/12 5:13:24 PM *

Re: Superman Ultimate Flight at SFDK going vertical by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 4/27/12 6:28:36 PM
sarki7 said:

Thanks guys - I appreciate the sense of community. I've been an coaster/park fan for almost 20 years now, and if there's one thing that comes close to the joy of riding coasters, it's meeting people, making friends, and discussing this unique passion of ours.

The funny thing is, the first thing I looked for after I created my account was a *Welcome New Members - post here* kind of introduction thread. I guess I may as well go ahead and start one. ;)

Just wonder if I should do it in this section, or in the Open Topic section.

Welcome Greg! You can just post it in this section - that's fine since we've already started talking about it.

I'm going to be out in your neck of the woods in August - going to a convention in San Diego and hitting Sea World and Knotts while I'm there.

Jen

Re: Superman Ultimate Flight at SFDK going vertical by sarki7 sarki7 Profile at 4/27/12 7:01:17 PM
GoYanks34 said:

Welcome Greg! You can just post it in this section - that's fine since we've already started talking about it.

I'm going to be out in your neck of the woods in August - going to a convention in San Diego and hitting Sea World and Knotts while I'm there.

Jen

Thanks! Done and done.

I'm up in San Jose, so it's still a bit of a ways from San Diego, but definitely a lot closer if you're coming from the east coast :}

Enjoy it, San Diego is great - though I haven't been to SWSD yet (the SD Zoo, Wild Animal Park, wine country, etc. has been too much of a draw for the more recent visits). Enjoy Knott's too - I hope Ghostrider treats you kindly.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.