Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > The Infamous Looping Water Slide in NJ

The Infamous Looping Water Slide in NJ

beastmaster beastmaster Profile

Posted:
4/25/12 at
5:38:10 AM

This is one of the more entertaining and in-depth articles I've seen about the looping water slide at Action Park that's been discussed on here before:

http://io9.com/5904307/behold-the-water-slide-so-dangerous-it-was-shut-down-immediately

Mike

Re: The Infamous Looping Water Slide in NJ by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 4/25/12 7:25:39 AM
Great article! Ahh, the memories....
Jen
Re: The Infamous Looping Water Slide in NJ by LoneStar LoneStar Profile at 4/25/12 2:53:02 PM
Very interesting. That's the first time I've ever read 1st hand rider reports. Thanks!

- Pat-O

Re: The Infamous Looping Water Slide in NJ by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 4/25/12 4:10:56 PM
Good stuff Mike! Finally a detailed article that's featuring the all so mysterious, and highly infamous Action Park. That Cannonball Loop slide is like a waterpark version of the old Coney Loop-the-Loop.
Re: The Infamous Looping Water Slide in NJ by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 4/25/12 4:19:01 PM
Just looking at that thing gives me the chills. I think I'd have to be drunk off my ass to give it a try. My tallness might not see to me coming out the other end though lol.
- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: The Infamous Looping Water Slide in NJ by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 4/25/12 6:38:39 PM
Thanks for posting this link Mike.This waterpark is still the best waterpark I have been to!! The Beach Waterpark that just shut down came close but this park still tops it and I have been to quite a few waterparks across the country.
Re: The Infamous Looping Water Slide in NJ by sarki7 sarki7 Profile at 5/1/12 1:42:21 PM
Yep, this takes me back too. Not to Action Park itself, but to the alluring draw of a place you might not escape in one piece. I never made it myself, my parents were busy keeping me from a visit to Great Adventure, and substituted with a smaller but less notorious water park in the Catskills called Zoom Flume. I don't know how everyone seemed to know about AP's reputation in the world before the internet, but I vividly remember seeing TV commercials for the place in the late 80s thinking, "I think I'll pass..."
Coaster Count: 331 (268/63)
Favorite Steel, Wood: Montu, Thunderhead
www.gregscoasterphotos.com ← Go there! It's good!
Re: The Infamous Looping Water Slide in NJ by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 9/4/12 2:22:44 AM
I found a site with some pretty detailed info on the old Action Park, with some maps etc. The website is really informational, filled with carny ride info etc. My bad if yall saw this already.

www.domainofdeath3.com/actionpark

Re: The Infamous Looping Water Slide in NJ by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 9/4/12 10:54:17 AM
Some good tidbits in there, Mr. Tompkins. Thanks for posting it.
The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...