Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Video: Coney Island Cyclone Track Comparison 2012 vs 2011

Video: Coney Island Cyclone Track Comparison 2012 vs 2011

Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile

Posted:
4/22/12 at
11:03:15 AM

I found this video comparing the track replacement work from this off season interesting. Has anyone ridden it this year?

Re: Video: Coney Island Cyclone Track Comparison 2012 vs 2011 by drachen drachen Profile at 4/22/12 8:48:11 PM
I saw this and re-posted it on my Facebook page. It's such a cool video.

You can see the differences in the first drop, and the new one looks much smoother, but doesn't look to drop quite as far.

Additionally, if all things video-wise are equal, the 2012 version runs a few seconds faster.

This was long over-due for the Cyclone. So far so good. Did you see the video of the guy getting off the ride and saying "They totally destroyed it..."? Funny stuff. I'll see if I can find it, and add it here.

* This post was modified at 4/22/12 10:17:46 PM *

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.87 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.57 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28%
Friend me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Video: Coney Island Cyclone Track Comparison 2012 vs 2011 by drachen drachen Profile at 4/22/12 8:52:01 PM

There you go. I guess I can see his point. But that old first drop was brutal. The new one has to be an improvement.

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.87 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.57 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28%
Friend me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur