Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Ficticious Amusement Parks you'd create?

Ficticious Amusement Parks you'd create?

CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile

Posted:
4/19/12 at
9:27:00 AM

Steven King Land.

Take a ride in Christine! While Jamming to 50's tunes you seat slowly moves itself forward into that Gigantic Steering Wheel!

Enjoy your stay as Caretaker of the Overlook Hotel. Your Big Wheel tour through the halls of this massive Resort is glorious till you round the corner and face a Gigantic Mirror with the word REDRUM. its all downhill from there!.

ECT.

Re: Ficticious Amusement Parks you'd create? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 4/19/12 10:29:49 AM
Dark ride based on Larry Underwood's trip through
the Holland (or was it Lincoln?) tunnel in the Stand (still my favorite book ever, followed closely by Green Eggs and Ham.)

4-D attraction where you're on stage with Carrie White getting splattered with pig's blood and guts.

I like the Christine stuff too, Chuck.

Mike

Re: Ficticious Amusement Parks you'd create? by sparky sparky Profile at 4/19/12 10:52:21 AM
Adult themes with some education tied in to pacify those who can't handle sensitive topics. Think "Making of Me" formally at Epcot.

Conception the Ride: Guests ride in sperm-themed vehicles and are launched out the end of a large structure resembling male genitalia through a series of inversions before entering the "Egg". Prior to disembarking from the train, an announcement of "its a boy" or "its a girl" is heard over the station audio.

Re: Ficticious Amusement Parks you'd create? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 4/19/12 11:45:41 AM
Big +1 for Sparky.
Re: Ficticious Amusement Parks you'd create? by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 4/19/12 1:58:20 PM
I always thought a Wizard of Oz theme park would be great. There was talk awhile back about bringing this to life in Kansas, but it never got off the ground. There's so many directions that you can go with this concerning theming; a Munchinland themed kiddie section, hot air ballon flatride of some sorts, Flying Monkey swing ride, a crazy scary dark indoor coaster in the Witch's Castle, the Emerald City etc, etc, etc. The key is to differentiate it MUCH as possible from Disney, but yet have it still maintain a charming family appeal. :)

* This post was modified at 4/20/12 2:19:54 AM *

Re: Ficticious Amusement Parks you'd create? Photo by d_n_s_u at 4/19/12 2:53:23 PM
Welcome to RetroLand :-)

..I love the smell of seventies inspired Blackpool Pleasure Beach Virginia Reels in the morning :-)

User Submitted Picture
Re: Ficticious Amusement Parks you'd create? by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 4/19/12 5:33:46 PM
I'd love a theme park solely dedicated to Marvel characters. I'm not talking about the movies, but rather the comic book versions. I love the stuff at IOA, it is awesome.

I really want any kind of park that is totally immersive. Like literally above and beyond disney level. It would be awesome to have scenery/theming not be cracked and/or look really fake. Although I love disney and universal I think it's time to step it up!

- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: Ficticious Amusement Parks you'd create? by frontrow frontrow Profile at 4/20/12 2:04:10 AM
I've always imagined a midway that had only rollercoasters, and no flats. The midway would have a restaurant with rollercoaster type seats and huge photos of old rollercoasters on the wall. The que lines would also have those huge photos of rollercoasters from the past and the present. The gate to midway would be dedicated to ACE and the other coaster clubs that enthusiasts belong to. Directly in the middle of the midway would be an interactive rollercoaster museum. The whole area would be dedicated to rollercoasters and the enthusiasts who pursue them.
Re: Ficticious Amusement Parks you'd create? by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 4/20/12 2:16:09 AM
I love the thought of Gary's 'RetroLand'. There are too many typical cookie cutter type parks out there and there's not enough old school nostalgic charming places anymore.

I know that I'm bordering in the gray area between gaming content, and rollercoaster talk, but Gary's 'RetroLand' idea really stuck out, because I made a RCT3 park (with that old school premise) last year called 'Yesteryear Acres'.

*If* you want to, you can check it out below, because Lord knows, I might as well bury it at sea if I was to put it on the gaming forum LOL.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lvx6D3E2zo

* This post was modified at 4/20/12 2:55:23 AM *

Re: Ficticious Amusement Parks you'd create? by saginawhxc saginawhxc Profile at 4/20/12 9:46:04 AM
Well it isn't my dream park, but my son has a park that he wants to grow up and build. It is called Zamzoo (spelling?) Land. It is part Cedar Fair, part Six Flags, and part Universal Studios. That way he can hire the best mascots from all of them. He is gonna have a 500 foot woodie for me, but unfortunately I can't bring myself to tell him I'm not sure I have big enough balls to ride it.

Though I have decided to boycott Zamzoo Land and I'm asking you guys to do the same. A couple of months ago he came home from school talking about how they learned about slavery in school. He didn't understand why it was such a big deal. He said it sounded like a good deal... and then said he decided to staff Zamzoo Land with slaves to save money.

So until they quit using slave labor, and put those silly little Timberliners onto that 500 ft tall monstrosity, I'm not going anywhere near that place.

I'm anxious to read the trip reports though.

Re: Ficticious Amusement Parks you'd create? by Coaster316 at 4/20/12 12:55:31 PM
Even though I wouldn't care to visit, I always thought an NYC-themed park would be neat with the following themed areas:

Broadway - shows and a dark ride or two

Times Square - main entry, shops, etc

Coney Island - wooden coaster, water rides, beach-themed small water park

Central Park - classic rides in a park-like setting

Wall Street - drop ride, other roller coasters, games

- Jeff

Re: Ficticious Amusement Parks you'd create? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 4/21/12 9:11:04 PM
I would do a horror movie themed based park. That Saw ride over in GB looks awesome for the theme alone and I'd add a bunch of coasters/rides themed after horror favorites: Hellraiser, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th etc. Imagine a launch in the dark and then the theme from Halloween starts. Michale Myers' shadow is seen approaching and then - BAM - launch! Or head choppers in the shape of Freddy's claws. The pre-shows/theme would be key on the rides. The voices of the main characters should be giving the recorded instructions to board/get off (Pinhead saying "Oh, no tears please, for it's a waste of good suffering." or "We have such sights to show you" before dispatch). Hell, even throw in Jaws or Piranha for a Rapids ride!

Of course getting the rights to all of these would be near impossible but this is fictitious after all!

Jen
Re: Ficticious Amusement Parks you'd create? by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 4/22/12 1:34:25 AM
Lol, twisted, depraved insanity, I love it! I would also add a similar ride, like the Spiderman ride in IOA, only with 6* of the biggest horror figures trying to 'kill' the riders. To make it a twist, have the orders of the characters shown switched around every few rides to make sure no 2 rides are ever the same. Since it's basically a slasher way of killing, it shouldn't be too big a deal to program the cars to accept the scene changes. Obviously Freddy's dream sequences would be the most work and he'd get his own sections. The big surprise could be Ash from the Evil Dead coming to save everyone. lol, I would think that's what some horror fans would love to see.

*Freddy, Jason, Meyers, Leather face, Pinhead, not sure about the 6th, but I guess by default either Ghostface from scream or Chuckie the doll.
=

I want to add on to Jeff's NYC idea: an S&S tower type ride that could be the Empire state building. That or be a drop tower type ride - and build it like the Tower of terror, just without the need for the moving elevator as in the Florida version. Basically build a building in the shape of the empire state building covering up the structure.

* This post was modified at 4/22/12 1:46:48 AM *

Re: Ficticious Amusement Parks you'd create? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 4/22/12 10:33:58 AM
Cyclone_Phil said:

Lol, twisted, depraved insanity, I love it! I would also add a similar ride, like the Spiderman ride in IOA, only with 6* of the biggest horror figures trying to 'kill' the riders. To make it a twist, have the orders of the characters shown switched around every few rides to make sure no 2 rides are ever the same. Since it's basically a slasher way of killing, it shouldn't be too big a deal to program the cars to accept the scene changes. Obviously Freddy's dream sequences would be the most work and he'd get his own sections. The big surprise could be Ash from the Evil Dead coming to save everyone. lol, I would think that's what some horror fans would love to see.

*Freddy, Jason, Meyers, Leather face, Pinhead, not sure about the 6th, but I guess by default either Ghostface from scream or Chuckie the doll.
=

LOVE IT! and Definitely Chucky for the 6th, but evil, banged up Chucky. I suppose you could do the clown from Saw but by himself he's not scary - really just a delivery man, LOL. For the Hellraiser segment you could add in other Cenobites too! LOVE the idea of Ash saving the day!

Jen
Re: Ficticious Amusement Parks you'd create? by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 4/22/12 2:07:09 PM
Thanks! Yeah, I love Saw, but I think all the traps could easily be another ride.

'Jigsaw's revenge': part roller coaster, part dark ride. Each 'choice' you make makes the car switch to a different section of the ride. Choose right and you 'live', choose wrong and you fall to your 'death' ala 13 style track drop. :)

Re: Ficticious Amusement Parks you'd create? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 4/22/12 4:56:54 PM
Cyclone_Phil said:

Thanks! Yeah, I love Saw, but I think all the traps could easily be another ride.

'Jigsaw's revenge': part roller coaster, part dark ride. Each 'choice' you make makes the car switch to a different section of the ride. Choose right and you 'live', choose wrong and you fall to your 'death' ala 13 style track drop. :)

If I ever hit the Mega Millions we are definitely building this!! ;~)

Jen
Re: Ficticious Amusement Parks you'd create? by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 4/22/12 8:45:29 PM
Lol, I can probably think of several more ideas, but I gotta plan them out. Those two were my best ideas off the bat.
Re: Ficticious Amusement Parks you'd create? by rollercoastersfreak rollercoastersfreak Profile at 4/25/12 2:45:06 AM
I saw this and I instantly thought Marvel but when I read down I saw someone already posted it.

But another cool idea could he a park based off video games. You could have a ride built off Mass Effect. You could have a fun house like Portal where you control what happens and have puzzles you have to solve. If on Portal your confused, it'd be like the challenge park in Colorado Springs. You can fall to safety without being hurt with ziplines and stuff like that but it would be made tough to solve. A Resident Evil roller coaster. There could be a bunch more ideas but I don't want to explain them all.

Brandon Carlson

Re: Ficticious Amusement Parks you'd create? by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 4/25/12 12:07:27 PM
If you mean like a laser shooter type ride, but on a roller coaster (think MIB meets crazy mouse or something with fast transitions) where you have to shoot your targets quickly with the car moving fairly fast, then that has some promise.