Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Question For The Knoebels Experts Out There

Question For The Knoebels Experts Out There

beastmaster beastmaster Profile

Posted:
4/18/12 at
4:06:52 PM

I'm hoping to hit up Knoebels this season. Last time I was there was in '09, and that was just a quick stop when I was in the area visiting somebody. I rode Phoenix and Twister, ate a sandwich, and split for my 3.5 hour ride home.

I was on their site today, scoping out a day that I have in mind to go, determining if they offer POP that day. That's how I prefer to go, and it is offered on my day.

But on the POP section of their price chart, it mentions a $10 Bargain Night. All rides are not included, but most are. It says Wednesdays and Fridays, and to see the on-line calendar for details. But I can find nothing about the $10 price, either on the calendar or anywhere else on the site. The day I wish to go is, in fact, a Friday.

Does anyone know exactly when this is offered? Is it every Wednesday and Friday? (I'd doubt that.)
Any info would be greatly appreciated by me and my coaster lovin' hindquarters!

Mike

Re: Question For The Knoebels Experts Out There by Coaster316 at 4/18/12 4:31:36 PM
Its a bit confusing, but I clicked on the first Friday that they are open and it brought up a page with the pricing options for that day. At the bottom, bargain night was explained. I'm copying it below. I'd suggest you go to the calendar and click on "single event" on the day you want to go and see if it is there.

BARGAIN NIGHT 5-9pm

$10.00 per person • $7.50 under 48” tall
Black Diamond, Haunted Mansion, Phoenix,
Flying Turns, Twister, Skyride not included

Hope this helps.

Jeff

Re: Question For The Knoebels Experts Out There by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 4/18/12 8:57:07 PM
I clicked on my chosen date and a couple others. That Bargain Night didn't surface, so I guess it certainly isn't offered very often. Thanks, Jeff.
Re: Question For The Knoebels Experts Out There by Great_Ump Great_Ump Profile at 4/19/12 12:33:09 AM
Coaster316 said:

$10.00 per person • $7.50 under 48” tall
Black Diamond, Haunted Mansion, Phoenix,
Flying Turns, Twister, Skyride not included

Does this mean they are expecting to actually open Flying Turns this year?

Joe
Great_Ump

Re: Question For The Knoebels Experts Out There by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 4/19/12 5:51:57 AM
^^^That's the million dollar question right there. I hope like hell FT does open, but I haven't heard any up to date info about it.
Re: Question For The Knoebels Experts Out There by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 4/19/12 5:59:52 AM
Overbanked said:

^^^That's the million dollar question right there. I hope like hell FT does open, but I haven't heard any up to date info about it.

I understand FT has been listed on their price chart the last coupla years. I may be wrong, and I didn't notice if it was listed yesterday.

Re: Question For The Knoebels Experts Out There by rocketmover at 4/19/12 12:19:47 PM
The "bargain nights" date back decades, used to be "dollar nights" at one point - they have never included the coasters and are mostly popular (to some degree) with locals and small kids. The "sundown" plan DOES included the coasters, but more expensive. The pricing, while complicated, does yield some surprises if you surf around the calendar. Some school picnic days (early seasons) which include Fridays, gets you this:

Plan A - ride from 10 am - 6 pm
$21.00
$16.00 children under 48" tall
Plan B - valid any 4 consecutive hours beginning at the top of the hour between 10 am and 6 pm
$16.00
$11.00 children under 48" tall

I'm fairly sure (although not positive) that this includes the wooden coasters

Re: Question For The Knoebels Experts Out There by Jim_S Jim_S Profile at 4/28/12 9:04:46 PM
The school picnic plans included the woodies last time I was there. Excluded as always (except PPP) are Haunted Mansion, Skyride, and I would imagine this year Black Diamond. And they don't care if you're with a school group.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.