Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Great Adventure Pics and Stop Motion Video (Sunday visit)

Great Adventure Pics and Stop Motion Video (Sunday visit)

mugen828 mugen828 Profile

Posted:
4/16/12 at
4:00:20 PM

Went to the park Sunday (4/15), it was kind of a last minute decision the night before but it was a lot of fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7bwyhe80SEE

These pics are mine from my trusty iphone4s and the stop motion was done by my girlfriend (who you see in the video) with her cannon DSLR.

Overall we had a great day! We were all hung over from my friend Jeremy's birthday party the night before (guy in the glasses), and my friend Ian hadn't been to the park in forever so we hit up some rides I usually don't hit.

The pics from up high were from the Ferris Wheel which I haven't ridden in forever! If you didn't watch the stop motion, the log flume is up and runnin! No Congo Rapids yet though. We hit nitro for 4 rides at opening, and we got 3 re-rides. The ride op manager (Katie I think?) was there and allowing re rides as long as your row was empty :). I love that!

Other rides we got to in no real order"

- El Toro
- Batman
- Big Greay Box
- Bizarro
- Log Flume
- Chair Lift
- Skull Mountain
- Go Karts
- Rolling Thunder

We did a lot of resting, haha, because of being wiped out from the party the previous night. The drink stand where you can mix and match flavors was open! Got a lot of cool drinks there and got my souvenir cup for the season.

We tried to get on superman and GL but it was late in the day (about 4pm) and the lines were pretty heavy...Kingda Ka was down for a good part of our stay. From like 2-5, so we didn't get to ride it :( Also the chairlift had a lot of down time as well.

We had a really fun time, rode some rides with barely any lines, but we couldn't get on some because of lines, so it was good and bad line wise. It seems like people really start showing up around 1pm. The longest wait we had was either Bizarro or El Toro at like 20-30 minutes. It was awesome getting a friend to come who hadn't been there since superman opened, and also my girlfriend Evelina is from Sweden, so she never saw anything like this place! (she lives minutes from Liseberg though!)

So yea, a VERY tiring, but very awesome day! Hope you enjoy the pictures and take a look at the stop motion. My second visit is now in the books, hopefully we will get my friend back for some KK action as he now has a season pass! Maybe next time we will visit with an actual plan....probly not, haha.

Thanks for reading if you got this far!

- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: Great Adventure Pics and Stop Motion Video (Sunday visit) by JetMech JetMech Profile at 4/16/12 4:48:21 PM
Cool video, haven't heard that song in a while..

KK seems to have been down every day since the park opened, so unreliable. Too bad they can't get a refund from Intamin..

Re: Great Adventure Pics and Stop Motion Video (Sunday visit) by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 4/16/12 5:07:55 PM
Nice pics and tr! That'd be great to have a ride op that lets you stay on instead of insisting you get off the coaster even if no one is waiting for your row. Few times in BG I had to ask to stay on and the ride op sorta made a fuss about it like 'whatever'.

As for KK, it seems to be hit or miss these days. I'll just say, I'm glad when I went in 2008 all 4 trains ran without issue in the morning.

Re: Great Adventure Pics and Stop Motion Video (Sunday visit) by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 4/16/12 6:57:30 PM
Is Evelina a coaster rider herself?
Re: Great Adventure Pics and Stop Motion Video (Sunday visit) by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 4/16/12 9:56:24 PM
AWESOME video! LOVE it!! I had no idea you could get great Nitro pics from the Ferris wheel - they freak me out and I never ride them but I may need to suck it up one time for a photo op!

Now I know what you look like so next time there will be no passing me without saying hello! LOL!

Jen

Re: Great Adventure Pics and Stop Motion Video (Sunday visit) by frontrow frontrow Profile at 4/17/12 1:35:00 AM
Great TR and pics. When we were there last June we headed straight for Nitro after the rope drop. We took front seat for our first ride. After that they let us move to the back row and stay on for 3 consecutive circuits. We wanted to ride the front again, so we got off and walked to the entrance. It was pretty cool we had 5 rides in the first half hour. It was a great start to a great day.
Re: Great Adventure Pics and Stop Motion Video (Sunday visit) by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 4/17/12 10:25:22 AM
JetMech said:

Cool video, haven't heard that song in a while..

KK seems to have been down every day since the park opened, so unreliable. Too bad they can't get a refund from Intamin..

Perfect song for it imo! Thanks for watching it :) she loves making stop motions. Yeah, tell me about it, KK is always down at least once a day. It was beautiful all day, no strong winds or anything so I guess it was all mechanical failures.

Cyclone_Phil said:

Nice pics and tr! That'd be great to have a ride op that lets you stay on instead of insisting you get off the coaster even if no one is waiting for your row. Few times in BG I had to ask to stay on and the ride op sorta made a fuss about it like 'whatever'.

As for KK, it seems to be hit or miss these days. I'll just say, I'm glad when I went in 2008 all 4 trains ran without issue in the morning.

Thanks! Yeah SFGAdv is pretty good with the re-ride situation in the mornings. They really hate doing it at park closing though haha, from my experience at least. they want you to walk all the way around so they can maybe close the ride by the time you get to the entrance!

beastmaster said:

Is Evelina a coaster rider herself?

She rides anything that doesn't go upside down. I was once scared of EVERYTHING so I understand her just having this "no loop" policy, but at the same time, the today me just wants to throw her on one so she can enjoy all of the rides. She hasn't been on a coaster with a loop so it makes NO SENSE, but alas, I get it. You don't wanna do what you don't wanna do. No point in arguing about it. She went on Nitro, El Toro, and Rolling Thunder with us :) She sat out Bizarro because of loops and others bc she wanted to snap some pics!

GoYanks34 said:

AWESOME video! LOVE it!! I had no idea you could get great Nitro pics from the Ferris wheel - they freak me out and I never ride them but I may need to suck it up one time for a photo op!

Now I know what you look like so next time there will be no passing me without saying hello! LOL!

Jen

Hahaha ok! I'm kinda hard to miss being so tall and skinny! I had no idea either about taking pics from the Ferris wheel. I thought about it before, but didn't realize how well my iphone would be able to manage. I'm sure my girlfriend got way better pics!

frontrow said:

Great TR and pics. When we were there last June we headed straight for Nitro after the rope drop. We took front seat for our first ride. After that they let us move to the back row and stay on for 3 consecutive circuits. We wanted to ride the front again, so we got off and walked to the entrance. It was pretty cool we had 5 rides in the first half hour. It was a great start to a great day.

Getting on nitro or any ride a few times in a row with no wait and sometimes not even moving is awesome!

- mugen828
Re: Great Adventure Pics and Stop Motion Video (Sunday visit) by KevinReid KevinReid Profile at 4/17/12 12:09:07 PM
Ditto. Great pics from the iPhone and loved the Video.

Regards,
Kevin Reid

Re: Great Adventure Pics and Stop Motion Video (Sunday visit) by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 4/17/12 1:51:21 PM
Hem, had Kingda Ka been running, would your friend go on it? :)

But I can understand the nervousness about coasters with inversions. I had to be 'dragged on' to a coaster to finally get over my fears maybe about 10 yrs ago. Now I'm a coaster junkie and even more so than my cousins (both haven't been on Kingda ka as it wasn't running and same for Sheikra when they were there) that get me to ride my first one: Fire side of 'dueling dragons'.

* This post was modified at 4/17/12 1:55:04 PM *

Re: Great Adventure Pics and Stop Motion Video (Sunday visit) by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 4/18/12 11:27:39 AM
Cyclone_Phil said:

Hem, had Kingda Ka been running, would your friend go on it? :)

But I can understand the nervousness about coasters with inversions. I had to be 'dragged on' to a coaster to finally get over my fears maybe about 10 yrs ago. Now I'm a coaster junkie and even more so than my cousins (both haven't been on Kingda ka as it wasn't running and same for Sheikra when they were there) that get me to ride my first one: Fire side of 'dueling dragons'.

Nope! She doesn't like the idea of going straight up and straight down :(

I was TERRIFIED of almost every ride before I finally got on a coaster. I was bribed, lied to, you name it people tried it on me haha. But in the end, all of the nervousness, fear, and crazy thoughts I had went out the window. My addiction began the very moment the fear was broken.

So I understand her plight, and at least she rides Nitro and El Toro! No loops on them! :D

- mugen828
Re: Great Adventure Pics and Stop Motion Video (Sunday visit) by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 4/18/12 11:54:37 AM
Ah, so she does have her limits. I would've thought that just a spiral down would've been less of a concern over a loop :)