Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Notes on Six Flags America

Notes on Six Flags America

lauraj lauraj Profile

Posted:
4/16/12 at
6:59:15 AM

Hi Everyone,

I went to SFA with my buddy, John, yesterday.. Everyone was super, over-the-top nice (and perky).. The staff said that they are working hard to "change their image."

Park was deserted and we rode without lines for most of the day.. John actually got a little nauseous.. lol..

Batwing was my favorite coaster.. Everyone seems to like Superman.. which was cool (it broke down half-way through the day), but Batwing was much cooler..

You can bring fanny packs on all rides EXCEPT Jokers Jinx.. where they make you rent a locker for a buck.. kinda annoying, but I now I know for next time.

-Laura

Re: Notes on Six Flags America by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 4/16/12 7:17:55 AM
How's Apocalypse coming along?
Re: Notes on Six Flags America by alpengeistno3 at 4/16/12 10:09:11 PM
beastmaster said:

How's Apocalypse coming along?

I can answer that. The track is done. I would assume testing either will begin shortly or has already began.

I believe the park said opening May 19th because it is the day after I bring all my students there for Music Day:(

Paul

Re: Notes on Six Flags America by Great_Ump Great_Ump Profile at 4/17/12 1:56:30 AM
May 19th and 20th are preview days for Season Pass holders. The ride's official opening day is May 25th.

Joe
Great_Ump

Re: Notes on Six Flags America by alpengeistno3 at 4/17/12 6:25:01 PM
Great_Ump said:

May 19th and 20th are preview days for Season Pass holders. The ride's official opening day is May 25th.

Joe
Great_Ump

Lol, my kids are going to be pissed, then. I knew about the 19th from some other site, but did not say anything to them. So far, no one has asked, but I know they are going to all be like, "Six Flags sux!! None of the rides work again!!" (Joker's Jinx was valleyed last year when they had the event).

Paul

Re: Notes on Six Flags America by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 4/17/12 8:41:13 PM
Weird about Jokers Jinx - they let me ride that last year with a fanny pack. I guess they had to pick a ride to choose to ban them on to make that extra buck....

Jen

Re: Notes on Six Flags America by drachen drachen Profile at 4/17/12 11:02:40 PM
Great_Ump said:

May 19th and 20th are preview days for Season Pass holders.

I think I'm going to be down there that Saturday. I've already ridden this ride as Iron Wolf, but I want to check it out, and it will be nice to do it with a short line.

And of course, I can ride Wild One and Superman a few times too. Looking forward to it.

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.90 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.55 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28.2%
Find me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Notes on Six Flags America by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 4/18/12 6:01:00 AM
drachen said:

Great_Ump said:

May 19th and 20th are preview days for Season Pass holders.

I think I'm going to be down there that Saturday. I've already ridden this ride as Iron Wolf, but I want to check it out, and it will be nice to do it with a short line.

And of course, I can ride Wild One and Superman a few times too. Looking forward to it.

I rode Iron Wolf too. I'll give Apocalypse a go, but not sure if I'll hit SFA this year. I'm heading to VA this weekend, and might have stopped for a coupla spins on my #2 steel, but SFA's open Friday only to schools, apparently.

Mike