Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Luna Park NYC/Scream Zone/Cyclone...

Luna Park NYC/Scream Zone/Cyclone...

JetMech JetMech Profile

Posted:
4/7/12 at
7:02:40 PM

Went last night for a couple of hours. Cyclone is different as the drop didn't seem as steep and surprising as I remember and the proceeding valley lost it's crunch. I haven't been on the Cyclone for a few years, maybe since 2007. Anyway, it's definitely feels tamed down, it was ok.

Finally had a chance to ride the Air Race at Luna Park. It was a good ride, definitely worthy for placement in a large amusement park although a height restriction of 48" seems high, maybe 42"..

Steeplechase, there best coaster was fun. I think the riding position adds dramatically to the thrill. It has a nice launch but could be better if it had a few more hills. Again, would be worthy for a medium sized park but I think the height restriction(48") is too high for the thrill..

Soarin' Eagle, I find the lift mechanism ingenious, very cool. The ride itself seemed too compact and the rolls are taken too slowly, causing you to fall back. Honestly I was more impressed with the lift mechanism than the ride itself.

$7.00($8.00 for Cyclone)a ride is high IMO but thats for others to decide.

Thx for reading..

* This post was modified at 4/7/12 10:22:57 PM *

Re: Luna Park NYC/Scream Zone/Cyclone... by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 4/7/12 9:53:48 PM
Yeah and not only is the Cyclone's price steeper than the first drop, but they don't even allow you to pick where you want to sit in the train. You are better off going when there's like no one waiting for it.

I love Air Race, it is easily my fav flat ride I've been on. Steeplechase is a nice ride too, small and compact and I do hope other parks have rides like that other than more mouse clones.

Flying Eagle is very unique indeed. I love that lift as well, but the ride itself was meh at best. My favorite ride in that section was the 'skyscraper'/windmill ride. I'm normally afraid of heights, but I just loved the weightlessness sensation and peering down at the ground from the top.

Re: Luna Park NYC/Scream Zone/Cyclone... by JetMech JetMech Profile at 4/9/12 2:01:55 PM
Yeah, not allowing you to pick your seat on the Cyclone for $8.00 is ridiculous. I didn't go on Zenobio & Sling Shot because I've been on others before but there both fun rides.
Re: Luna Park NYC/Scream Zone/Cyclone... by LoneStar LoneStar Profile at 4/9/12 6:33:37 PM
JetMech said:

Finally had a chance to ride the Air Race at Luna Park. It was a good ride, definitely worthy for placement in a large amusement park although a height restriction of 48" seems high, maybe 42"..

Steeplechase, there best coaster was fun. I think the riding position adds dramatically to the thrill. It has a nice launch but could be better if it had a few more hills. Again, would be worthy for a medium sized park but I think the height restriction(48") is too high for the thrill..

Soarin' Eagle, I find the lift mechanism ingenious, very cool. The ride itself seemed too compact and the rolls are taken too slowly, causing you to fall back. Honestly I was more impressed with the lift mechanism than the ride itself.

quote]

All right - fill me in, a guy who has never been to Coney. Can you explain in more detail what these flats are and what they do? Thanks.

- Pat-O

Re: Luna Park NYC/Scream Zone/Cyclone... by Great_Ump Great_Ump Profile at 4/9/12 10:17:08 PM
Check Youtube.

There are some outstanding videos on there showing off the ride cycle for Air Race.

My all time favorite Zamperla ride, which I dont believe they have there, is Energy Storm.

Joe
Great_Ump

Re: Luna Park NYC/Scream Zone/Cyclone... by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 4/20/12 3:40:21 AM
Here's a youtube video that's showing a side-by-side comparison between the newly tracked Cyclone, and the old track.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1iGHzyWcmE

Re: Luna Park NYC/Scream Zone/Cyclone... by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 4/20/12 12:17:22 PM
Looks faster, but I hope it's smoother.

I know I'm alone about not liking the trains, but I think they should've had PTC (2 rows per car) trains only with the same cushioned seats the cyclone cars have. Basically spread the rows from 4 per car to 2 and have 6 cars instead of 3. Just because they would need to change the trains doesn't mean they can't be customized to emulate the historic looks of the original trains.