Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Fanny Packs at Six Flags America?

Fanny Packs at Six Flags America?

lauraj lauraj Profile

Posted:
4/7/12 at
3:39:30 PM

Hi. I was wondering if anyone knew the policy for carrying fanny packs on rides at Six Flags America. I know that Six Flags Great Adventure (in Jersey) won't let you bring them on a lot of rides (they make you pay for a locker.. which is a pain). Does the Six Flags in Largo do the same thing?

Re: Fanny Packs at Six Flags America? by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 4/7/12 11:34:46 PM
^^^What SFGAvd ride did they not let you carry the fannypack on? Because all Six Flags rules are the same for all parks, they should have let you wear the fannypack on the ride, only 'loose items' are prohibited.

www.sixflags.com/america/info/FAQ.aspx

Re: Fanny Packs at Six Flags America? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 4/8/12 5:41:43 AM
Overbanked said:

^^^What SFGAvd ride did they not let you carry the fannypack on? Because all Six Flags rules are the same for all parks, they should have let you wear the fannypack on the ride, only 'loose items' are prohibited.

www.sixflags.com/america/info/FAQ.aspx

My understanding is that fanny packs are allowed at GADv on all rides EXCEPT El Toro. That has signs that SPECIFICALLY say "No bags of any kind may be taken on El Toro..INCLUDING fanny packs" To the best of my knowledge, that signage does not appear on any other ride. Jen wears her pack on every ride, but puts it in a locker for the Bull.

Mike, heading down again today. Buddy's picking me up at 8. Happy Easter, everyone!

Re: Fanny Packs at Six Flags America? by lauraj lauraj Profile at 4/8/12 6:58:23 AM
I didn't bring one to GA because Mike warned me not to.. I remember the sign at El Toro and I guess I thought it was more than just that ride. I prefer to bring a fanny pack if I don't have to dump it. Thanks for the reply.
Re: Fanny Packs at Six Flags America? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 4/8/12 7:52:16 AM
lauraj said:

I didn't bring one to GA because Mike warned me not to.. I remember the sign at El Toro and I guess I thought it was more than just that ride. I prefer to bring a fanny pack if I don't have to dump it. Thanks for the reply.

Sorry. At that time I thought it was not allowed on ANY coasters.

Re: Fanny Packs at Six Flags America? by lauraj lauraj Profile at 4/8/12 8:42:35 AM
No worries, Mike.. It was nice not having to dump it for El Toro.. I survived with just the stuff in my pockets.. :)
Re: Fanny Packs at Six Flags America? by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 4/8/12 3:46:03 PM
My bad yall. I can't stand stupid 'exceptions to the rule' that they don't list online. Maybe SFGAvd's website should consider an asterisk regarding secured items on El Toro.
Re: Fanny Packs at Six Flags America? by lk2500 at 4/8/12 3:54:04 PM
They wouldn't let me wear a fanny pack at SFMM when I was there last (2010).
Re: Fanny Packs at Six Flags America? by Great_Ump Great_Ump Profile at 4/9/12 1:46:23 AM
I cant believe anyone would still wear a fanny pack. Neon colored I assume?

=P

Joe
Great Ump

Re: Fanny Packs at Six Flags America? by lauraj lauraj Profile at 4/9/12 11:38:44 AM
Hey!!.. My fanny pack is black (FYI).. I have REALLY long hair and I have to "groom" after the coasters (you don't want me to look disheveled, do you??).. LOL
I also carry granola bars in case of coaster breakdowns.. you can sell them (when you are stuck for hours) to desperate starving coaster fanatics.... LOL..
Re: Fanny Packs at Six Flags America? by lk2500 at 4/9/12 2:21:13 PM
Hehe, my pack is black also but I think I still have some neon ones from the 90's (with gecko's on them) laying around somewhere.

After the SFMM incident I just started putting stuff in the cargo pockets of my shorts. I always hated, and still do hate, when I have a cell phone or compact p&s swinging around in the lower cargo pocket when I walk. And I hate having the cell phone/camera in that pocket on rides like Tatsu so I just have to have my wife carry it (she won't go on anything more death defying than "It's a Small World").

What's ya'lls tactics for carrying your stuff on coasters? Not take it? Cargo pockets? If you're wearing a hat stash it on the exit platform? etc...

Re: Fanny Packs at Six Flags America? by MABrider MABrider Profile at 4/9/12 5:22:55 PM
I gave up on the fanny pack thing a couple years ago.
I believe it is not a loose item, yet I got tired of being "surprised" at various ride entries (most always coasters) where I would be forced to place it in a locker and pay for the privilege, etc.

Now I just make sure I have cargo shorts and pants with multiple pockets for those summer days when no other outerwear is needed (said outerwear normally having pockets). I am always on the lookout for cargo shorts/pants that are "better" than what I currently own.

I even carry my own water in a pocket, even if it is only an 8 oz bottle, easily refillable at water bubblers.*

So I guess you could say I have been "conditioned" to the no loose items policies. Literally.

* New England terminology :-)

Mike B.
Re: Fanny Packs at Six Flags America? by lauraj lauraj Profile at 4/9/12 6:04:39 PM
Hats are usually not a problem.. most places (that I have been) will let you sit on it or shove it down your shirt.. Sunglasses are usually ok with a strap..
I bought a pair of cargo-shorts that I have used before, but I still prefer the fanny pack (for the granola bars, some sunblock, and a brush). I guess I need a smaller brush (or less hair.. lol).. I agree that I don't like surprises.. which is why I asked you guys..
Re: Fanny Packs at Six Flags America? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 4/10/12 10:50:30 PM
I can't find a decent pair of cargo shorts for women with big pockets like the men's pants have. I've tried on mens shorts but they don't fit me right. If anyone knows where you can find cargo shorts with large pockets for women please post it!

And Mike is right, only on ET do you have to use a locker at SFGadv. I get harassed all the time because I wear my fanny pack like a pocket book slung over my shoulder when not riding and they always stop me and I have to say "it's a fanny pack - I'll put it on when I board!"

So while I have a fanny pack (it's black as well) I hate them too and only put it on when I actually ride.

Jen
Re: Fanny Packs at Six Flags America? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 4/11/12 7:21:24 AM
Oh, and I completely forgot to mention I was at SFA last year and they let me have my fanny pack on all the rides.
Jen
Re: Fanny Packs at Six Flags America? by BigShotRoz BigShotRoz Profile at 4/11/12 12:14:22 PM
Jen, what I do is wear the capris, the pants that go just below the knees. The pockets are larger than on my shorts. They're almost as cool, and you don't get burned on hot leather seats in the car! JCPenny has them.

Roz

Re: Fanny Packs at Six Flags America? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 4/11/12 10:50:04 PM
BigShotRoz said:

Jen, what I do is wear the capris, the pants that go just below the knees. The pockets are larger than on my shorts. They're almost as cool, and you don't get burned on hot leather seats in the car! JCPenny has them.

Roz

I'll have to stop in JCP and take a look. I've had no luck at Kohls, Macy's or Target looking. Capris are fine with me - just want BIG pockets that have a closure.

Jen

Jen
Re: Fanny Packs at Six Flags America? by frontrow frontrow Profile at 4/12/12 11:36:06 AM
Columbia and Under Armor make shorts with multiple pockets that have zippers. Look at their line of fishing shorts. Both companies make them for men and women. Look at places like Cabelas, Bass Pro, and Gander Mt. They are a little expensive, but securing you valuables make them worth the cost.