Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Something cool happened from Six flags

Something cool happened from Six flags

GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile

Posted:
3/26/12 at
9:47:06 PM

I e-mailed them yesterday because the Flash Pass is not yet available to purchase online and opening day is less than 2 weeks away. They actually called me back today and left a message (didn't ask them to). They said the FP is handled by a private company and they will try and find an approximate date that it will be available for sale. She said to keep checking in the mean time and if I have any questions to call back and left a name, number and her extension. I was shocked. Looks like someone has improved their customer service beyond my expectations.

Just wanted to share. SF gets bashed all the time (I'm guilty of it sometimes as well) and I thought it would only be fair to give praise when it's due. I hope they keep up the good work!

Jen
Re: Something cool happened from Six flags by alpengeistno3 at 3/26/12 10:24:55 PM
You don't really think you are going to need a flash pass for opening day, do you? The last few years I have gone, it's been anywhere from dead to, well, dead. (I missed the last 2 years since I gave up my SFA Season Pass, but I remember one year was the day I did my Scream Machine marathon of 37 times in a row.)

Paul

Re: Something cool happened from Six flags by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 3/26/12 10:51:30 PM
alpengeistno3 said:

You don't really think you are going to need a flash pass for opening day, do you? The last few years I have gone, it's been anywhere from dead to, well, dead. (I missed the last 2 years since I gave up my SFA Season Pass, but I remember one year was the day I did my Scream Machine marathon of 37 times in a row.)

Paul

I apparently can't get one anyway :~). I'll wait until we get there and assess the crowds. I can always pick one up if we need it. I just figured it would be crowded on opening day but I haven't done opening day in a LONG time.

Jen
Re: Something cool happened from Six flags by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 3/27/12 6:25:11 AM
alpengeistno3 said:

Paul

Also, THOSE Opening Days were on weekends. this is a Thursday. I hope it'll be as empty and desolate as Atlanta in the opening of the Walking Dead.

Mike

Re: Something cool happened from Six flags by SirWillow SirWillow Profile at 3/27/12 9:32:45 PM
I know you know this already, but don't forget that opening day oftentimes can be one of the worst days to visit the parks. All of the new employees are still learning their jobs. Off season work on the rides may not be complete yet, so many of the rides may be running limited capacity or not at all. And it wont' be unusual to have breakdowns, slow service, closed stores and food service, limited shows, etc while they are still getting up to speed.

I've yet to have an opening day at a park that was much better than mediocre- and when I waited a week or two to let them get all of the kinks out, it always turned out much better for me.

Re: Something cool happened from Six flags by alpengeistno3 at 3/27/12 10:20:33 PM
You know I know that, Willow. That TR is probably infamous around here (with my evacuation from Dark Knight and Nitro valleying out in the woods.)

Paul

* This post was modified at 3/27/12 10:21:04 PM *

Re: Something cool happened from Six flags by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 3/27/12 10:31:50 PM
But luckily with a season pass in hand and now living 20 min away I can re-evaluate in 2 weeks no problem! :~)

I did see that KK is off the "closed for maintenance" status so I am having high hopes that may be trampled on....

Jen