Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Is there anybody organizing a coaster trip this year!!

Is there anybody organizing a coaster trip this year!!

Aussiethrillrider Aussiethrillrider Profile

Posted:
3/24/12 at
6:04:31 PM

Hi, I am in boring Aussieland (with no real rollercoasters here). I am wanting to join up with several people or somebody that wants to organize a trip to a few theme parks. It can be 14 days or 30 days (or more). Of course I will pay my own way for everything I just don't want to go on my own. This is something a group of people (or family) would enjoy together. Let me know if anybody has organized a tour I could join.
cheers
Dianne

Re: Is there anybody organizing a coaster trip this year!! by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 3/25/12 12:31:51 PM
Aussiethrillrider said:

Hi, I am in boring Aussieland (with no real rollercoasters here). I am wanting to join up with several people or somebody that wants to organize a trip to a few theme parks. It can be 14 days or 30 days (or more). Of course I will pay my own way for everything I just don't want to go on my own. This is something a group of people (or family) would enjoy together. Let me know if anybody has organized a tour I could join.
cheers
Dianne

On this forum many of us meet up at certain parks throughout the season here and there. We are planning on a Hershey Park trip at some point (date unknown - awaiting approximate date of Sky Rush opening) but I don't think many of us do 2-4 week park trips (although that would be awesome, getting that amount of time off work and finances are the limiting factor for most). My suggestion is go through the parks you want to go to and then figure out the dates you would like to go. Once you post that there are many who would be more than willing to meet up at specific parks in their area if time allows. I'm on the East Coast (NJ) and Great Adventure is in my backyard so I'd be happy to join you for a day if your travels lead you there. I may be willing to travel father if you bring me a Wallaby or Koala LOL (they're So cute!)!

Good luck!

Jen

Re: Is there anybody organizing a coaster trip this year!! by RobLec RobLec Profile at 3/25/12 2:08:01 PM
Jen is right - you have a better chance of finding people who would be willing to meet you at one park or perhaps do a small group of parks in close proximity. You might even meet up with someone who, after talking may spark a spontaneous trip (that's how I ended up going to Woodstock!)
Re: Is there anybody organizing a coaster trip this year!! by MABrider MABrider Profile at 3/26/12 8:40:24 AM
RobLec said:

after talking may spark a spontaneous trip (that's how I ended up going to Woodstock!)

Heh heh, a "spark" of a different type!
Not to mention that back then "to roll" meant something completely different to (some of us) old(er) URCers!
:-)

(I just couldn't resist).

Back on topic, I agree with the responses so far...make plans for park visits, then post said plans to see who among this group of crazies may be able to meet up along the way.

Mike B.
Re: Is there anybody organizing a coaster trip this year!! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 3/26/12 1:11:27 PM
Yeah, what they said.

Always cool to meet new peeps who share our love for these fun factories!

Definitely post your itinerary whan it's set.

Mike G..(as opposed to B)

Re: Is there anybody organizing a coaster trip this year!! by DarkwingDuck DarkwingDuck Profile at 3/26/12 7:31:24 PM
Mike!!! I am still alive..LoL still have a busted knee and ankle but manage to finish 71 coasters not counting water rides last year!!! :)
Re: Is there anybody organizing a coaster trip this year!! by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 3/26/12 9:32:41 PM
DarkwingDuck said:

Mike!!! I am still alive..LoL still have a busted knee and ankle but manage to finish 71 coasters not counting water rides last year!!! :)

Gee, is that really you?! Where have you been girlfriend?!

Jen

Jen
Re: Is there anybody organizing a coaster trip this year!! by DarkwingDuck DarkwingDuck Profile at 3/27/12 1:23:54 AM
got tied to 3 weddings and work... and busted Knee!!! other than that I am still breathing :)

I was able to hit Cedar point and both BGE and BGA last summer and SW in FL... so now I think am just cruising along... trying to save some $$$ I wanna hit the Merlin congloromerate in UK and still working on trying to getting to ABu Dhabi...LoL hence the being a quiet mouse!

Re: Is there anybody organizing a coaster trip this year!! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 3/27/12 6:28:00 AM
DarkwingDuck said:

got tied to 3 weddings and work... and busted Knee!!! other than that I am still breathing :)

I was able to hit Cedar point and both BGE and BGA last summer and SW in FL... so now I think am just cruising along... trying to save some $$$ I wanna hit the Merlin congloromerate in UK and still working on trying to getting to ABu Dhabi...LoL hence the being a quiet mouse!

"Quiet mouse?" YOU?????? I have trouble swallowing that, Clappy G.!!! :)

Mike

Re: Is there anybody organizing a coaster trip this year!! by RobLec RobLec Profile at 3/27/12 8:23:03 AM
DarkwingDuck said:

I am still alive..LoL still have a busted knee and ankle but manage to finish 71 coasters ...

You might be interested in visiting my other web hangout, http://www.mybrokenleg.com/forums/list.php?f=2

Pat-O and a few others can attest to me taking on HWN '07 using a cane following a left knee TPF.

Re: Is there anybody organizing a coaster trip this year!! by DarkwingDuck DarkwingDuck Profile at 3/27/12 7:19:32 PM

"Quiet mouse?" YOU?????? I have trouble swallowing that, Clappy G.!!! :)

Mike

hahahahah Clappy I am !!! I have a pics clapping at BG parks!!! LoL