Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Mr. Freeze Reverse

Mr. Freeze Reverse

rollercoastersfreak rollercoastersfreak Profile

Posted:
3/22/12 at
11:20:15 PM

Okay so I stumbled upon this article today that said that both Mr. Freezes are going to be going inreverse this season at Six Flags. But my question is first how do you think this will be recieved? And second, what is the other coaster that will be going in reverse? The article says that two of the parks most popular coasters are going in reverse but the article only says that Mr. Freeze is being put in reverse. Could this just be a typo or maybe could they be waiting to release the second?

And I think the Mr Freeze Reverse will be something different added to it. I think it would be fun going strait up backwards and also not knowing when you go through the flipped top hat.

Here is the article
http://content.sixflags.com/news/stlouis/mr-freeze?ic=I00429ACB&gc=G0000400427CE3F&utm_source=park-newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=SFSL&utm_content=2012-03-22

Re: Mr. Freeze Reverse by MABrider MABrider Profile at 3/23/12 8:09:24 AM
Two separate parks, each with a Mr. Freeze = two coasters.

As for the backwards launch, SFMM's Superman has proven that it can work well to "revitalize" a ride (in the public's eye, at least). I've only been to SFMM once, just last March, and I was a little skeptical about the backward launch, but it was quite fun, with forward facing and drop down the spike a real hoot. I came away thinking I would not have liked the foward launch as much.

I've ridden SFStL's Mr. Freeze and liked it a lot. Based on my SFMM experience on Superman, I am thinking I would really like the backward launch. If I ever get back to St. Louis.

I think the backward launches are a good idea and will work well.

Mike B.
Re: Mr. Freeze Reverse by LoneStar LoneStar Profile at 3/23/12 8:48:12 AM
Mr. Freeze is one of my top 10 steels. I love it. Super intense through out the entire ride.

While it is a marketing gimmick, I'm glad their doing it at my home park. Mr. Freeze is excellent as is, but it has been around for well over a decade. I'm excited to try out the new experience. Facing straight down that spike will be pretty awesome.

SFoT ran JRS backwards when I was a teenager for a summer or two, and it was a nice new touch. I think this is a good idea, even if it only lasts this year.

- Pat-O

Re: Mr. Freeze Reverse by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 3/23/12 9:06:40 AM
Now if only Cedar Fair would start running their racing woodies backwards again...

Ekim Rehgallag

Re: Mr. Freeze Reverse by JetMech JetMech Profile at 3/23/12 11:37:18 AM
It will feel like the now removed B&R:TC on the way back. The best part of that coaster was going backwards through the top hat & cobra roll inversions.

I know it had many problems but it was a great coaster for me after the OTSR's were removed and before the 0 g-rolls were removed. Glad I was able to get ERT the year they romoved the OTSR's.

How time flys..lol

Re: Mr. Freeze Reverse by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 3/23/12 7:17:29 PM
beastmaster said:

Now if only Cedar Fair would start running their racing woodies backwards again...

Ekim Rehgallag

Haha, clever post Ekim. Your name looks like a real foreign name backwards, my name backwards is just gibberish. :(

Re: Mr. Freeze Reverse by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 3/23/12 7:39:38 PM
Overbanked said:

beastmaster said:

Ekim Rehgallag

Haha, clever post Ekim. Your name looks like a real foreign name backwards, my name backwards is just gibberish. :(

Gibberish? I thought it was Sirhc Snikpmot...

Or maybe that should be...Hsirebbig :)

Re: Mr. Freeze Reverse by rollercoastersfreak rollercoastersfreak Profile at 3/23/12 8:26:24 PM
Yeah I think it will add a nice new touch to it. The last coaster they put in was Evel Knievel in 08. It's now American Thunder. But I've been waiting for something new and this may be the best we get for the time being. Now wouldn't it be cool if they made the boss go backwards?

nodnarB noslraC

Re: Mr. Freeze Reverse by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 3/23/12 8:33:48 PM
rollercoastersfreak said:

Yeah I think it will add a nice new touch to it. The last coaster they put in was Evel Knievel in 08. It's now American Thunder. But I've been waiting for something new and this may be the best we get for the time being. Now wouldn't it be cool if they made the boss go backwards?

nodnarB noslraC

Tacypoc. :)

Re: Mr. Freeze Reverse by rollercoastersfreak rollercoastersfreak Profile at 3/23/12 8:44:41 PM
beastmaster said:

rollercoastersfreak said:

nodnarB noslraC

Tacypoc. :)

Sorry I had to

Re: Mr. Freeze Reverse by alpengeistno3 at 3/24/12 2:13:58 AM
Since I have yet to ride one of the Mr. Freezes, I am probably not really qualified to say, but I am curious. My initial reaction was, "is it really that special to turn a shuttle coaster around backwards?" I mean, it runs backwards on the return run, so all they are doing is reversing the ride experience so you experience the "exotic" part first instead of at the end.

I have rode 2 Face and Face off and I never felt any difference between riding the forward facing front row and the row immediately behind it facing backwards. (I preferred the forward facing seats because the return run felt more intense when traveling backwards then forward.) I would imagine Freeze would feel the same way.

It's a nice gimmick, but other than the initial launch, doesn't seem like it will add much to the ride experience that you don't already get.

Paul

Re: Mr. Freeze Reverse by rollercoastersfreak rollercoastersfreak Profile at 3/24/12 3:18:49 AM
That's true but I think when your going backwards strait up it will be cool just sitting there looking at the ground. And also I've never been on a coaster that goes strait down 90 degrees so I feel its an experience I haven't experienced yet.
Re: Mr. Freeze Reverse by LoneStar LoneStar Profile at 3/24/12 11:51:15 AM
Rollercoasterfreak is right - it will be a pretty cool experience going up the spike facing straight down. The highest part of the train get aroud 200 feet, so it will be a really cool trip facing straight down.

I'm curious how the launch will be!

MF is pretty much my favorite coaster af SFoT, so I am really curious about this. As of right now, I hope it is a temporary thing. I think I'll enjoy for a season, maybe 2, then I'll be craving the original.

I wish he had more premeir launched coasters!!

- Pat-O

Re: Mr. Freeze Reverse by frontrow frontrow Profile at 3/24/12 3:20:02 PM
I've ridden both Mr. Freeze coasters. I was impressed with both coasters. The one in St. Louis was really smooth for a Premier Rides coaster, and the one in Texas was even smoother. Mr Freeze is an excellent shuttle coaster with some cool theming. Turning the trains backwards Will only make the ride better.

Six Flags Over Texas is a beautiful park and their coaster collection is fantastic. Titan is my favorite at the park, and in my top 10 steel list. Other coasters like Barman, Shockwave, Texas Giant, Judge Roy Scream, and Mr. Freeze add up to make SF Over Texas a top 10 US park.

Since Titan was built in 2001, SF Over Texas hasn't added a major coaster. What they have done is they are trying to make their current coasters better. First with The Texas Giant and now with Mr. Freeze. I look for the wait times for Mr. Freeze to be longer this year with this modification. This is another good move by the park.

* This post was modified at 3/24/12 3:37:32 PM *

Re: Mr. Freeze Reverse by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 3/24/12 6:21:24 PM
frontrow said:

like Barman.

Yeah, that's my favorite. Especially if he's got SoCo.

Mike

Re: Mr. Freeze Reverse by rollercoastersfreak rollercoastersfreak Profile at 3/25/12 2:44:21 AM
I've honestly never been to Six Flags Over Texas. Six Flags St. Louis is my home park though. We have a few good coasters like Mr. Freeze, The Boss, Screaming Eagle, American Thunder, Batman. But honestly Boss and Mr. Freeze are my favorite.