Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > I-305 2011 Season..

I-305 2011 Season..

JetMech JetMech Profile

Posted:
3/20/12 at
6:26:42 PM

Hi everyone, how was I-305 running in 2011? I'm attempting a Virginia trip when Verbolten is operating but wanted to hit I-305 as well if it was worth the trip.

Thx

BTW, used to be a member on here years ago. How time flys..

Re: I-305 2011 Season.. by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 3/20/12 8:47:50 PM
It was running great last year!! Amazing!!! Get on there at night if you can!!!
Re: I-305 2011 Season.. by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 3/20/12 9:51:33 PM
I'm likely going to KD this summer, so: does anyone know if the trims are staying off or will they be needed again?
Re: I-305 2011 Season.. by alpengeistno3 at 3/20/12 10:17:31 PM
Guess we won't really know until April 8th, but people in the know have said that the park is pleased with the ride's performance after the mods. Unlikely there will be any further changes.

Paul

Re: I-305 2011 Season.. by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 3/20/12 11:16:08 PM
Thank goodness. But then again I'll be heading there late summer, but fingers crossed on everything going well.
Re: I-305 2011 Season.. by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 3/21/12 2:39:47 PM
I thought it was running great in April and September last year. But what do I know? I've never been on it with the trims on the first drop.

I'll be on it one month from today, if all goes well.

Mike

Re: I-305 2011 Season.. by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 3/21/12 5:45:31 PM
beastmaster said:

I thought it was running great in April and September last year. But what do I know? I've never been on it with the trims on the first drop.

Mike

I will be there April 28th Mike.What day are you gonna go to Six Flags when they open? I am gonna go on Saturday.

Re: I-305 2011 Season.. by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 3/21/12 7:36:33 PM
chitlins73 said:

beastmaster said:

Mike

I will be there April 28th Mike.What day are you gonna go to Six Flags when they open? I am gonna go on Saturday.

If you mean GAdv, Jen and I are supposed to go Opening Day, April 6. I'm also going Easter Sunday three days later. Saturday's out..dentist in the early a.m. and possibly a Mets game that afternoon. If you do wanna meet sometime, let me know.

Re: I-305 2011 Season.. by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 3/22/12 6:33:36 PM
beastmaster said:

chitlins73 said:

beastmaster said:

Mike

If you mean GAdv, Jen and I are supposed to go Opening Day, April 6. I'm also going Easter Sunday three days later. Saturday's out..dentist in the early a.m. and possibly a Mets game that afternoon. If you do wanna meet sometime, let me know.

So you are taking a day off to go on Thursday? Which day do you think it will be less crowded?Saturday or Easter sunday?

Re: I-305 2011 Season.. by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 3/22/12 7:12:27 PM
chitlins73 said:

beastmaster said:

chitlins73 said:

beastmaster said:

Mike

So you are taking a day off to go on Thursday? Which day do you think it will be less crowded?Saturday or Easter sunday?

Took the day off a while back. I've gone Easter Sunday for the past several years...it was empty most of the day each time except for last year..used to only be open to SP holders and a certain Jewish Community Group. Last year, though, it was open to everyone and got a bit crowded mid-afternoon. Great day to go. I imagine Saturday might be a little more dense. I found out today they're offering Opening Day tickets on-line for $20.12, so I figure that'll entice some that might not have gone that day otherwise. Opening Day rarely falls on a weekday, so I guess they're trying to boost.

Mike

Re: I-305 2011 Season.. by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 3/22/12 9:51:00 PM
beastmaster said:

What do you mean SUPPOSED to go? We ARE going mister. And I had the strangest dream about KK last night - I was strapped in, waiting to go to the launch area and it stopped. The ride op said they were having problems with the electrical system and the weirdest part is I was sitting next to Heejun from American Idol! I did watch it before bed so I suppose that's where he came in. That better NOT be a sign of things to come....

Did you see that Sky Screamer isn't opening until late spring now? I figured we wouldn't be so lucky. Hope the bumper cars are up though - it's been a long time and we all know nostalgia makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Jen
Re: I-305 2011 Season.. by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 3/22/12 9:57:23 PM
JetMech said:

Hi everyone, how was I-305 running in 2011? I'm attempting a Virginia trip when Verbolten is operating but wanted to hit I-305 as well if it was worth the trip.

Thx

BTW, used to be a member on here years ago. How time flys..

I was there last year and it was running beautifully. I do recommend the front on that one but have sunglasses with straps on or you'll never be able to open your eyes with that speed. Never went on it without the trims or before the modification after the trims though so I can't compare it to then.

Jen
Re: I-305 2011 Season.. by DarkwingDuck DarkwingDuck Profile at 3/27/12 7:29:21 PM
they open? I am gonna go on Saturday.

Mike... making a note on this dates... I dont have an AP/ticks yet debating if am going to get another UP or pay as I go...