Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Shambhala Portaventura

Shambhala Portaventura

shambhala_salou

Posted:
3/13/12 at
4:59:04 AM

Hi from Spain
Just thought you guys would like to see the progress of Europes newest and biggers roller coaster Shambhala situated at Portaventura theme park Salou.
Its looking awesome!!!

Shambhala Portaventura Salou

Re: Shambhala Portaventura by LoneStar LoneStar Profile at 3/13/12 8:29:31 AM
WOW! I hadn't read that Port Aventura was getting a new coaster. 255 feet! Impressive. I hope it has a few tweaks that make it stand out from other B&M hypers. Thanks for sharing.

I visited Port Aventura back in 2005 and had a great time. But missed out on this and Furius Baco.

Dragon Khan and Stampida were amazing.

- Pa-O

Re: Shambhala Portaventura Photo by drachen drachen Profile at 3/13/12 9:56:41 AM
I hope you don't mind, but I posted the image here. Awesome picture.

Port Aventura has always been high on my To Do list. Conveniently, Spain is a country that my wife also wants to visit. I'm sure it will happen soon, which is fine by me.

Shambhala looks incredible, especially that unique turn around. I love B&M megacoasters, and this looks like a really good one. All the more reason to go to Spain.

User Submitted Picture
drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.87 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.57 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28%
Friend me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Shambhala Portaventura by LoneStar LoneStar Profile at 3/13/12 5:19:47 PM
This just popped in my head - I've ridden Dragon Khan and Avalancha - 2 8-looping coasters. How many people out there have ridden 2 or more 8-looping coasters?

- Pat-O

Re: Shambhala Portaventura by alpengeistno3 at 3/13/12 8:16:11 PM
LoneStar said:

This just popped in my head - I've ridden Dragon Khan and Avalancha - 2 8-looping coasters. How many people out there have ridden 2 or more 8-looping coasters?

- Pat-O

If only the US parks would decide to get back into the race for the inversion record. It seems that once Port Aventura pushed the number to 8, the US parks "tapped out."

Paul

* This post was modified at 3/13/12 8:16:43 PM *