Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Dollywood's Timber Tower to be Removed

Dollywood's Timber Tower to be Removed

Overbanked Overbanked Profile

Posted:
2/21/12 at
1:12:33 AM

I am very disappointed about this, I was hoping for a miracle, but the Timber Tower removal rumors unfortunately came true; It will be removed before the 2012 season. This flat was one of the main reasons that I went to Dollywood, and it did not disappoint. I wish that HUSS could've worked out the issues, but it's a moot point now. I understand that alotta people thought that TT, was boring, but I loved it. RIP Timber Tower :(

www.timesnews.net/article/9042546/dollywood-huss-settle-lawsuit-over-timber-tower

Re: Dollywood's Timber Tower to be Removed by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 2/21/12 9:41:16 AM

It was down on my only visit. I didn't know it at the time, but I guess that was par for the course. :(

Mike

Re: Dollywood's Timber Tower to be Removed by drachen drachen Profile at 2/21/12 10:09:12 AM
I LOVED Timber Tower. It was down in the morning of my October 2009 visit to Dollywood, and I was disappointed because it looked like a lot of fun.

It opened shortly thereafter, and I made sure I rode it. I thought it was the best flat I had ever ridden. It was a ton of fun, with very little dizziness.

I'm saddened that this ride didn't pan out for Huss. Hopefully, albeit unlikely, it's something Huss can work through and sell some more.

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.90 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.55 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28.2%
Find me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Dollywood's Timber Tower to be Removed by Great_Ump Great_Ump Profile at 2/21/12 1:50:25 PM

> It opened shortly thereafter, and I made sure I rode it. I
> thought it was the best flat I had ever ridden.

Ever been on a Zamperla Energy Storm?

OMFG is all I can say!

Joe
Great_Ump

Re: Dollywood's Timber Tower to be Removed by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 2/21/12 2:27:05 PM

> Ever been on a Zamperla Energy Storm?

> OMFG is all I can say!

> Joe
> Great_Ump

Joe, I looked at the pic on Zamperla's site. It looks somewhat familiar to me. Are there any US installations? You indicated you'd rode one. Where? I'd ride it in a heartbeat.

Mike

Re: Dollywood's Timber Tower to be Removed by drachen drachen Profile at 2/21/12 4:03:01 PM
Great_Ump said:

Ever been on a Zamperla Energy Storm?

OMFG is all I can say!

Joe
Great_Ump

No, I have not. I just watched the video on Zamperla's site. I don't know if I'd enjoy that. You are upside down for way too long without a break.

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.90 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.55 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28.2%
Find me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Dollywood's Timber Tower to be Removed by RobLec RobLec Profile at 2/21/12 8:06:17 PM
beastmaster said:

It was down on my only visit. I didn't know it at the time, but I guess that was par for the course.

Yikes! We were at DW for two weeks the year it opened and never had a chance to ride it. Add TT to the same list as the Bat, DF and Hypersonic.

Re: Dollywood's Timber Tower to be Removed by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 2/22/12 1:17:55 AM
I liked the Topple Tower concept. It's a shame it couldn't stay. Doesn't Knoebel's have a Zamperla Energy Storm?
Re: Dollywood's Timber Tower to be Removed by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 2/22/12 5:57:42 AM

I liked the Topple Tower concept. It's a shame it couldn't
> stay. Doesn't Knoebel's have a Zamperla Energy Storm?

I might be wrong, because I haven't had a "full" visit to Knoebels in at least 4 years. But I don't recall a ride like this. I think they had a Power Surge. Maybe you're thinking of that?

Mike

Re: Dollywood's Timber Tower to be Removed by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 2/22/12 7:51:07 AM

That's a shame it won't be there. I enjoyed the ride when I was last there and am glad I got at least 2 rides on it. I hope whatever they have to replace it is as good or better. Something like Zamperla's Air race? :)

Re: Dollywood's Timber Tower to be Removed by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 2/22/12 1:03:10 PM

> Ever been on a Zamperla Energy Storm?

> OMFG is all I can say!

> Joe
> Great_Ump

Yeah Energy Storm is awesome. The Huss Topple Tower, and Zamperla Energy Storm are in my top five fav flats; Although they are VERY contrasting, one is a mild but yet fun family flat, and the other is a very thrilling 'hurl machine'. I don't know of any US parks with Energy Storm, but I heard about them in overseas parks; I don't even know of any fairs that have them (the local fair where I'm at in FL used to, but I haven't saw it in almost a decade).

Re: Dollywood's Timber Tower to be Removed by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 2/22/12 1:17:37 PM

> I liked the Topple Tower concept. It's a shame it couldn't
> stay. Doesn't Knoebel's have a Zamperla Energy Storm?

> I might be wrong, because I haven't had a "full"
> visit to Knoebels in at least 4 years. But I don't recall a
> ride like this. I think they had a Power Surge. Maybe
> you're thinking of that?

> Mike

Yup looking at the website, they still have the Power Surge there named 'Downdraft'. I don't know of any US parks with Energy Storm, someone let me know if yall know of any.

For whatever reason, alotta fun looking flats aren't in the US market like Zamperla Top Star Tour, Chance Booster, HUSS Jump2(The reason for no Jump2's is probably because of the long downtime just like the HUSS Topple Tower) and a ton of others.

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Dollywood's Timber Tower to be Removed by Geauga_Dog Geauga_Dog Profile at 2/22/12 8:25:19 PM

Marineland in Niagara Falls, Ontario still has their Topple Tower, which they added just a few years ago. Don't know if it's closed since the Dollywood incident or if they are having problems with its maintenance. The ride does look attractive and seems easy to theme to whatever a park needs.

It's a shame HUSS got rid of a big chunk of their ride catalog, espeically with the theme park boom going on in China. They had some unique rides that didn't quite make it to North American parks like the Magic, which is also at Marineland. Their only Tristar was at Idlewild (Trinado) and I was able to ride it during its final season at the park. I loved it.

G-Dog

Re: Dollywood's Timber Tower to be Removed by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 5/6/12 11:54:32 PM
It looks like Marineland in Canada is likely to follow Dollywood's actions in removing their Huss Topple Tower. It has been closed down alot in 2011, and there is no mention of it on the website.

www.marinelandcanada.com/attractions/rides/

* This post was modified at 5/7/12 7:42:15 PM *

Re: Dollywood's Timber Tower to be Removed by Judy_P_in_Pgh Judy_P_in_Pgh Profile at 5/7/12 6:19:23 AM
Dollywood's Timber Tower was gone when I visited in early April. The platform and surrounding "moat" are still there, but is being used as a seating area for nearby food concession stands.
Re: Dollywood's Timber Tower to be Removed by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 5/7/12 5:55:56 PM
I shall miss it. It was a fun ride. Maybe they can fill the void with zamperla's Air Race? :)