Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Hard Rock/Freestyle Update..Not This Year

Hard Rock/Freestyle Update..Not This Year

beastmaster beastmaster Profile

Posted:
2/17/12 at
11:44:26 AM

I found it interesting that they employ someone to run the rides occasionally..of course, actually MAINTAINING them? Well, I guess that's another whole kettle of fish.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2012/02/16/2664579/theme-park-in-myrtle-beach-likely.html

Mike

Re: Hard Rock/Freestyle Update..Not This Year by RobLec RobLec Profile at 2/17/12 5:59:43 PM

Still kicking myself in the butt for not stopping in when we were driving not too far from there in 2008. Even if they are able to rehab the rides, the park will still be pretty far out of the way for most people.

Re: Hard Rock/Freestyle Update..Not This Year by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 2/17/12 7:47:47 PM

> Still kicking myself in the butt for not stopping in when
> we were driving not too far from there in 2008. Even if
> they are able to rehab the rides, the park will
> still be pretty far out of the way for most people.

Two absolute classics..Zeppelin and Nights in White Satin, along with a better than average Mine Train (Life In The Fast Lane)

Said this before, so sorry to be redundant..but one of the 5 best individual days I've ever had at a park.

Mike

Re: Hard Rock/Freestyle Update..Not This Year by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 2/17/12 8:39:00 PM

^^^I loved HRP too Mike, I was so sad to hear that it closed down.

Re: Hard Rock/Freestyle Update..Not This Year by RobLec RobLec Profile at 2/18/12 8:10:19 AM

> Two absolute classics..Zeppelin and Nights in White Satin,
> along with a better than average Mine Train (Life In The
> Fast Lane)

NIWS certainly must have been awesome, even for those who didn't grow up listening to lots of Moody Blues in their teen years.

> Said this before, so sorry to be redundant..but one of the
> 5 best individual days I've ever had at a park.

Don't mind it at all, Mike. Keep saying it... memories are the most valuable treasure of all. I hope maybe Coastermania 2007 is one of those five as well :)