Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > The MVC (Most Valable Coaster)

The MVC (Most Valable Coaster)

frontrow frontrow Profile

Posted:
2/14/12 at
10:19:16 PM

Have you ever thought what a park would be without their signature coaster. What coaster changed or rejuvenated a park? What coaster is solely responsible for a park's success? I'm sure some of you will do the research on attendance increases after a coaster was installed. I did the research, but I'm going to cast my vote on a personal level.

My finalists are Wooden Warrior at Quassy, Shivering Timbers at Michigan's Adventure, Boulderdash at Lake Compounce, Kentucky Rumbler at Beech Bend, and Ravine Flyer II at Waldameer.

First look at Quassy. I never knew that park existed until Wooden Warrior was built. That addition put it on out must visit list. I didn't get to ride
Wooden Warrior last year, due to the park closing early, but it inspired me to visit that park. My only concern is that after a year or two, the hype will be gone and Wooden Warrior will be overlooked.

Shivering Timbers put MA on the map. The national coverage it received inspired me to drive up there in 2001 and experience it for myself. It's hard to believe that this is a Cedar Fair park. It has all the characteristics of a classic small park. Wolverine Wildcat and Geauga Lake's Serial Thriller gives coaster enthusiasts another reason to visit.

Boulderdash at Lake Compounce is by far the best ride in the park and my favorite coaster on this list. The thing about Lake Compounce is that not only do they have a classic wooden coaster, and the reputation of being the oldest park in America, the park is magnificent in every detail. From the modern flat rides to the friendly employees to the landscaping and theming. This park is small, but it gives you that vibe of a major player in the industry.

If you visit Beech Bend it's because Kentucky Rumbler is there. The park is like a permanent carnival with an awesome coaster in the mix. There's no other major coasters. I would have never visited this park if The Rumbler didn't live
there, but it does. This makes BB a destination for all coaster enthusiasts. The Rumbler transformed BB from a starving small park to a competitor overnight.

My award goes to Ravine Flyer II at Waldameer. I been fishing for Lake Erie Steelhead for years just a few miles away from Waldameer. When I read that Waldameer was building a wooden coaster by Gravity Grouping was shocked. Not only did this park have the initiative to build a new wooden coaster, they built a great one. Waldameer went from a place a drove past to a yearly destination for our family. Without that addition, my only memories of Waldameer would have been visiting as a child. It is truly the MVC in my book. I'm curious to read your thoughts.

Re: The MVC (Most Valable Coaster) by Geauga_Dog Geauga_Dog Profile at 2/15/12 6:47:41 PM

Not sure how far back you wanted to go with this topic but here's a few that come to mind in no particular order:

1. Wildcat at Hersheypark. I feel this was the ride that began the change in Hershey's coaster lineup (look at what they've built since then). I believe Sidewinder (Vekoma Boomerang) was the last coaster built prior to Wildcat.

2. Phoenix at Knoebel's. This is a no-brainer as I don't think anyone outside of a 50-mile radius of Elysburg knew about the park until they moved the Rocket to Pennsylvania.

3. Raven at Holiday World. Just like what Phoenix did for Knoebels happened to a little out of the way park in southern Indiana. Also you have to look at the explosive growth the park has seen since.

4. The Beast at Kings Island. Kings Island was already a well-known park thanks to exposure on the Brady Bunch and Partridge Family but The Beast really made a huge impact back in '79 with its then uheard of statistics. While it's not the same ride today, i.e. slowed down by magnetic brakes, its still the signature ride in the park.

5. Wild One at Six Flags America. Saving and moving this historic ride from Massachusetts to Maryland may have the been the moment Wild World took the next step at becoming more of an amusement park even though that growth may have been slow at first.

G-Dog

Re: The MVC (Most Valable Coaster) by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 2/15/12 9:09:08 PM

While there ar at least four or five coasters at GAdv that I like better, I would consider Kingda Ka the park's signature ride. It still holds a record, still dominates the park's skyline, and still is the one most everybody runs to at rope drop, now that the "novelty" of Green Lantern has a season under its belt. It's also been written about more than anything else in the park.

Mike

Re: The MVC (Most Valable Coaster) by LoneStar LoneStar Profile at 2/15/12 10:23:14 PM

Great topic. My votes:

Chang, SFKK - Ok, I know its closed, but without Chang, SFKK had a mediocre-at-best coaster lineup. Chang/Green Lantern is an amazing stand up coaster, and was the only record breaker for the park.

Texas Cyclone, Astroworld - OK, I know its closed, too, but ask anyone who was a kid and went to Astroworld and they all tell of the fear and excitement that the Cyclone inspired. Every other coaster in the park (minus XLR8) was a cookie cutter or reject from another park. Cyclone dominated the park's skyline right along I-610 and still ranks in my top 5 wooden coasters of all time.

Dragon Kahn, Port Aventura - the world's frist 8-looping coaster. It gave the park a reputation long before Furius Baco.

- Pat-O

Re: The MVC (Most Valable Coaster) by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 2/15/12 11:26:50 PM

> While there ar at least four or five coasters at GAdv that
> I like better, I would consider Kingda Ka the park's
> signature ride. It still holds a record, still dominates
> the park's skyline, and still is the one most everybody
> runs to at rope drop, now that the "novelty" of
> Green Lantern has a season under its belt. It's also been
> written about more than anything else in the park.

> Mike

I totally disagree Mike. SFGAdv had been long established well before KDK. With consideration of some notable coasters already built before KDK; I don't look at KDK as the signature SFGAdv coaster that 'rejuvenated' that park; I'll probably hafta go with Nitro on that one.

IMO Maggie started the renaissance at CP, not TTD or Millie

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: The MVC (Most Valable Coaster) by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 2/16/12 2:23:09 PM

> While there ar at least four or five coasters at GAdv that
> I like better, I would consider Kingda Ka the park's

> Mike

> I totally disagree Mike. SFGAdv had been long established
> well before KDK. With consideration of some notable
> coasters already built before KDK; I don't look at KDK as
> the signature SFGAdv coaster that 'rejuvenated' that park;
> I'll probably hafta go with Nitro on that one.

> IMO Maggie started the renaissance at CP, not TTD or Millie
> * This Post Has Been Modified *

I am sadly going to have to half agree with Mike on this one. Not because I don't like Mike! Love the guy ;) but because he is half right.

Kingda Ka IS the tallest coaster in the world. It was the fastest coaster in the world when it was built (2005). Those two statistics and records are enough alone to make it SFGAdv's marquee ride.

Nitro (my #1 coaster) was a HUGE step for Gradv as it was the fastest coaster to date at the park, but it wasn't a world record shattering ride. Nitro still gets a ton of people to it, even after 10 years of being open. Still though, Kinda Ka had world wide hype. Kingda Ka was the second of it's kind, after TTD at Cedar Point, but it still was the talk of the town and still is when people visit.

It's the one ride that people want to know is open or not when they arrive, and it's the one ride people want to conquer when they come to the park.

I think the MVP of SFGAdv from an objective pov would be Kinda Ka, and I think the general public would say so too. From a coaster enthusiast point of view it might be either Nitro or El Toro. Nitro being such a stand out ride at the pard, and such a consistently ridden ride. El Toro being one of the most badass wooden coasters on the planet, and being only 1 of 2 (technically 3) wooden coasters at SFGAdv.

- mugen828

Re: The MVC (Most Valable Coaster) by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 2/16/12 5:35:27 PM

I agree with the above about Nitro being the best (no comment on El toro yet as I have yet to ride it) there for coaster fans and KDK for the GP (it had it's own National geographic special dedicated to it!).

IOA, well it's tough to say now with the HP island being so popular, but imo it's the Hulk. It's a launching coaster and gives that great B&M ride (abit rough) that most people loves. The Dragons (when they still dueled) would've been a close 2nd, now it's no contest.

BGT, it's Montu for me. Seemingly underappreciated, to me it is my favorite B&M invert. (Kumba gets a close 2nd nomination.) Other than the trims and MCB, Montu is still a great ride. But I would not be surprised about the GP concidering Sheikra as the main attraction.

SWO, it's Manta. I know 'what about Kracken?' But to me Manta is just so thrilling as a flyer that doesn't suck compared to the superman UF clones. Kracken, I love it, but I hate to say that with everything it has, it just feels 'too smooth' and forceless. After the drop and first loop, the rest of the ride seems too tame as if SW was too afraid to have more of a 'punch' for the rest of the ride.

Re: The MVC (Most Valable Coaster) by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 2/16/12 6:31:31 PM

> I am sadly going to have to half agree with Mike on this
> one. Not because I don't like Mike! Love the guy ;) but
> because he is half right.

> Kingda Ka IS the tallest coaster in the world. It was the
> fastest coaster in the world when it was built (2005).
> Those two statistics and records are enough alone to make
> it SFGAdv's marquee ride.

> Nitro (my #1 coaster) was a HUGE step for Gradv as it was
> the fastest coaster to date at the park, but it wasn't a
> world record shattering ride. Nitro still gets a ton of
> people to it, even after 10 years of being open. Still
> though, Kinda Ka had world wide hype. Kingda Ka was the
> second of it's kind, after TTD at Cedar Point, but it still
> was the talk of the town and still is when people visit.

> It's the one ride that people want to know is open or not
> when they arrive, and it's the one ride people want to
> conquer when they come to the park.

> I think the MVP of SFGAdv from an objective pov would be
> Kinda Ka, and I think the general public would say so too.
> From a coaster enthusiast point of view it might be either
> Nitro or El Toro. Nitro being such a stand out ride at the
> pard, and such a consistently ridden ride. El Toro being
> one of the most badass wooden coasters on the planet, and
> being only 1 of 2 (technically 3) wooden coasters at
> SFGAdv.

> - mugen828

Okay, putting our personal coaster opinions aside (going by the GP's) Of course KDK brought in a massive attendance increase, but to say that KDK (in frontrow's words) 'rejuvenated' SFGAdv from a 'park without a signature coaster' to the totally rejuvenated park of today is a lil' too much, esp with consideration of all of those coasters that was already there. Frontrow said "What coaster is solely responsible for a park's success" SFGAdv was already successful way before KDK was built.

CP's TTD, and Millennium Force brought in killer numbers similiar to SFGAdv's KDK, but Maggie still started it all there. I like what Geauga Dog said, Raven started HW's renaissance not Voyage.

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: The MVC (Most Valable Coaster) by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 2/16/12 7:11:55 PM

> I am sadly going to have to half agree with Mike on this
> one. Not because I don't like Mike! Love the guy ;) but
> because he is half right.

> Kingda Ka IS the tallest coaster in the world. It was the
> fastest coaster in the world when it was built (2005).
> Those two statistics and records are enough alone to make
> it SFGAdv's marquee ride.

> Nitro (my #1 coaster) was a HUGE step for Gradv as it was
> the fastest coaster to date at the park, but it wasn't a
> world record shattering ride. Nitro still gets a ton of
> people to it, even after 10 years of being open. Still
> though, Kinda Ka had world wide hype. Kingda Ka was the
> second of it's kind, after TTD at Cedar Point, but it still
> was the talk of the town and still is when people visit.

> It's the one ride that people want to know is open or not
> when they arrive, and it's the one ride people want to
> conquer when they come to the park.

> I think the MVP of SFGAdv from an objective pov would be
> Kinda Ka, and I think the general public would say so too.
> From a coaster enthusiast point of view it might be either
> Nitro or El Toro. Nitro being such a stand out ride at the
> pard, and such a consistently ridden ride. El Toro being
> one of the most badass wooden coasters on the planet, and
> being only 1 of 2 (technically 3) wooden coasters at
> SFGAdv.

> - mugen828

> Okay, putting our personal coaster opinions aside (going by
> the GP's) Of course KDK brought in a massive attendance
> increase, but to say that KDK (in frontrow's words)
> 'rejuvenated' SFGAdv from a 'park without a signature
> coaster' to the totally rejuvenated park of today is a lil'
> too much, esp with consideration of all of those coasters
> that was already there. Frontrow said "What coaster is
> solely responible for a park's success" SFGAdv was
> already successful way before KDK was built.

> CP's TTD, and Millennium Force brought in killer numbers
> similiar to SFGAdv's KDK, but Maggie still started it all
> there. I like what Geauga Dog said, Raven started HW's
> renaissance not Voyage.

> * This Post Has Been Modified *

Ahh I see. Well some could go on to dive into that description of MVP further. I mean, Great Adventure has been around a long time, well, sort of. So some could say The Great American Scream Machine is the MVP of Great Adventure, but it's not even standing, let alone operating anymore!

Also, there are different eras too.

I think from 2005, when KK was built, the park was closer to Cedar Point status. The world of coaster enthusiasts probly took more notice of the park and the general public saw it as the biggest and baddest roller coaster or ride around.

Despite what was built before KK and after, it's the marquee attraction at the park. But that's up for debate I guess.

- mugen828

Re: The MVC (Most Valable Coaster) by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 2/16/12 10:47:01 PM

> Ahh I see. Well some could go on to dive into that
> description of MVP further. I mean, Great Adventure has
> been around a long time, well, sort of. So some could say
> The Great American Scream Machine is the MVP of Great
> Adventure, but it's not even standing, let alone operating
> anymore!

Good point mentioning the eras. It's pretty hard pinpointing the 'MVC' in a large park with alot of coasters like SFGAdv, compared to a small park like Beech Bend, where it's no question.

Re: The MVC (Most Valable Coaster) by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 2/16/12 11:05:42 PM

> Ahh I see. Well some could go on to dive into that
> description of MVP further. I mean, Great Adventure has
> been around a long time, well, sort of. So some could say
> The Great American Scream Machine is the MVP of Great
> Adventure, but it's not even standing, let alone operating
> anymore!

> Good point mentioning the eras. It's pretty hard
> pinpointing the 'MVC' in a large park with alot of coasters
> like SFGAdv, compared to a small park like Beech Bend,
> where it's no question.

>

I had the exact same thought as I saw an email about someone responding to this thread!

It is tough to say about bigger parks with a lot more coasters.
It's hard to say about small parks with no stand outs as well. (Dorney?)

At different times in the parks lifespan there might have been more than one attraction that really brought the park to another height.

- mugen828

Re: The MVC (Most Valable Coaster) by drachen drachen Profile at 2/17/12 1:33:39 AM

Interesting topic, as MVC does not necessarily mean the best coaster in the park. For me, it's the first coaster I think of when I think of the park, and it's a ride, that if removed, would change the entire atmosphere of the park for ne.

In thinking of my favorite parks, in no particular order...

Cedar Point - I understand the Magnum point of view, and it is my favorite steel coaster of all time. But, I think Cedar Point would get along fine without it if it needed to be removed. That is blasphemous for me to say, and I pray that day never comes. But Cedar Points marquee attraction and MVC is Millennium Force.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg - Though it recently lost a MVC candidate in Big Bad Wolf, I'm sticking with Loch Ness here. Despite the fabulous rides BGW has added in recent years, when I think of the park, the first coaster that still comes to mind is Nessie.

Busch Gardens Tampa - For me it's still Kumba. This ride really put this park on the map as a destination for coaster fans. It's my favorite ride in the park.

Six Flags Great Adventure - El Toro. This park is all about Nitro and El Toro for me, two of the best coasters on the planet. El Toro is, start to finsih, the best coaster I've ridden, and if it wasn't there, I don't think I'd try to get to Great Adventure every year like I do now.

Six Flags Magic Mountain - X2. There are a lot of great roller coasters here, and though I haven't been since 2005, I still feel this is the marguee ride. One could argue that Revolution, even in its current state is the most important coaster here. But I don't think this park is the same without X2.

Hersheypark - I like the Wildcat arguement. But if I had to pick one coaster that put this place on the map, and is the reason enthusiasts travel to Hershey, it's Lightning Racer.

Dorney Park - Steel Force, which has been running great in recent years. Oddly enough, it is the second oldest coaster in the park. But in a time when there weren't a lot of mega-coasters, Steel Force put this relatively small park on the map.

Six Flags Great America - Whizzer. There are bigger and better rides here, but Whizzer adds a charm to this park that isn't found at any other Six Flags.

Six Flags America - I would like to say Wild One, but I have to face it. Superman is the reason people visit this park, me included. Just a phenomenal ride, and if it wasn't there, I don't know how often I would go, if at all.

Knott's Berry Farm - For me it's Ghost Rider. Loved it in 2002 and 2005. It may not be now what is was back then, but Knott's would not be the same for me without it.

Six Flags St. Louis - Screamin' Eagle. You can have your newer wooden coasters, this John Allen masterpiece is the reason to visit this park.

Mount Olympus - Hades was great, but the real star is Cyclops and that insane middle drop. If I make it back there some day, Cyclops and that drop are the reason why.

I don't list smaller parks with only a few coasters. It's either too easy or too hard to pick a most valuable one in those cases.

Re: The MVC (Most Valable Coaster) by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 2/18/12 7:08:31 PM

I would consider Kingda Ka the park's

> Mike

8~)

Jen

p.s. He best be up and running opening day or I'm NOT going to be happy!

Re: The MVC (Most Valable Coaster) by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 2/18/12 8:20:19 PM

> I would consider Kingda Ka the park's

> Mike

> 8~)

> Jen

> p.s. He best be up and running opening day or I'm NOT going
> to be happy!

I hope so too, because..to the best of my memory (which is pretty bad)..I haven't visited him since the day he left me bloodied but unbowed. But even if he's still in a coma, at least you'll get a you-know-what...

Mike

Re: The MVC (Most Valable Coaster) by squirrels at 3/7/12 11:08:37 AM
Hmm...pontificating contests, my favorite. :)

When I think of theme parks being "world-class" coaster venues, I look for the "triumvirate", I believe that any world-class coaster park should have at least 3 coasters that are "must-rides", that identify the park to repeat customers and provide enough excitement between them to justify the trip on their own. 2 rides apiece on the "big 3" of any park should be a full day. All of the other coasters are "supporting cast".

Cedar Point's "big three" are Millenium, Top Thrill, and Maverick. But if any of those coasters just fell into Lake Erie, it has a couple that could fill that third spot...Magnum, Raptor, etc

6f GAdv's "big three" are KdK, El Toro, and Nitro. If one of them was lost, maybe Chang/Green Lantern could fill the void left. Superman/Batman/Medusa-Bizarro all are good, but seem like "supporting cast" to me. And Kingda Ka is a big set of boots to fill by even Chang.

HersheyPark...well, Hershey's coasters are "just marquee enough". It's really hard to choose amonge them...Lightning Racer for the woodies, Stormrunner/Fahrenheit/Great Bear from the steel crew. Pick 3, depending on your taste in rides. SkyRush hopefully will end up ousting one of these in the top three and do "just enough" to keep Hershey on the global scale. Point is, removing just one coaster wouldn't make that big a difference.

Kings Dominion...you have I305, Dominator, and Volcano. But I really fail to see where any other coaster at that park could be a marquee or part of the so-called "triumvirate". Further, I think that Volcano is only barely a "marquee coaster" due to its unique and exciting start, but falls flat near the end.

For that reason, of those parks, I'd probably say I305. Honestly, if it wasn't there, I would be a lot less motivated to visit Kings Dominion. It would still be a good local-area theme park without I305, but it wouldn't be a player on the national scale. Their woodies are "okay", but not great. Their "gimmick coasters"...FOF, Backlot...are likewise "okay". Anaconda was awesome in the 1990s. Arrow loopers are tired now, and it's so loose it hurts to ride it.

The presence of I305 at that park makes it something other than it would be without that ride.

* This post was modified at 3/7/12 11:10:28 AM *

Re: The MVC (Most Valable Coaster) by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 3/7/12 11:36:14 PM
For Six Flags GAdv, it has to be a great feeling to say such rides like Bizzaro/Supes/Batman TR are '2nd tier' compared to how 'small' parks can barely have 1 or 2 of those :)

For KD, I disagree. Sure I305 is a major draw because of how 'you can't miss it', but I was still pretty satisfied with just Dominator in 2009 and taking a ride on the other coasters (I do agree they are all too short and lack any long lasting memories, ie: seems almost like quantity over quality compared to BGE and their B&M coasters) and flat rides. I also agree with you on Volcano, great first half, but it just seems to be a disappointment for the 2nd half.

Re: The MVC (Most Valable Coaster) by squirrels at 3/8/12 10:09:23 AM
Cyclone_Phil said:

For KD, I disagree. Sure I305 is a major draw because of how 'you can't miss it', but I was still pretty satisfied with just Dominator in 2009 and taking a ride on the other coasters (I do agree they are all too short and lack any long lasting memories, ie: seems almost like quantity over quality compared to BGE and their B&M coasters) and flat rides. I also agree with you on Volcano, great first half, but it just seems to be a disappointment for the 2nd half.

How close do you live to KD? I personally could not see driving 1 1/2 hours to Doswell just to ride Dominator and Volcano. Now if I lived 20 minutes away...sure. Don't get me wrong...I like both rides. But if I'm going to take a day-trip, I want it to be worth my time.

I've never been to BGE. I do want to get there this year, because I feel that Apollo/Alpengeist/Griffon is enough to justify the trip. If any one of them was broken down, though, I would feel gypped.

That's kind of what I base my opinion of a park on..."would I drive > 1 hour to go there?".

Re: The MVC (Most Valable Coaster) by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 3/8/12 3:09:30 PM
squirrels said:

Cyclone_Phil said:

How close do you live to KD? I personally could not see driving 1 1/2 hours to Doswell just to ride Dominator and Volcano. Now if I lived 20 minutes away...sure. Don't get me wrong...I like both rides. But if I'm going to take a day-trip, I want it to be worth my time.

I've never been to BGE. I do want to get there this year, because I feel that Apollo/Alpengeist/Griffon is enough to justify the trip. If any one of them was broken down, though, I would feel gypped.

That's kind of what I base my opinion of a park on..."would I drive > 1 hour to go there?".

For me it's about the entire park though. Not just the coasters, so for me I would take into account what I'm gonna eat, flat rides, maybe a log flume ride, pictures I'm gonna take, who you're going with, ect.

I've been disappointed at my home park many-a-times by breakdowns. But usually I have a good time regardless.

Also this should be the year you head to BGE. Not only is the park fantastic besides the coasters, but their flat rides are a lot of fun and Verbolten and Mach Tower will be swinging in full force this season. Probly May-June-ish, but still.

* This post was modified at 3/8/12 3:10:35 PM *

- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: The MVC (Most Valable Coaster) by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 3/8/12 4:20:08 PM
squirrels said:

Cyclone_Phil said:

That's a good point about the drive. Usually if I find the time to take a week off I would find a hotel in the area and buy a week/season pass for KD. With all the stuff to do at KD I can practically spend up to 10-12 hours there. If you get to KD early, you can practically be there for an entire day, it is that good imo. There is just so many rides there that you can't finish with out skipping some things.

BGE, I love the place, but as fantastic as their coasters are, there's not really much to do. Sure I can go on the same coasters 10-15 times, but then I start to get bored and find out it's still 3pm and I've already finished everything. The days I was at BGE, BBW was down for an entire day, like wise with Griffon (thankfully on a different day). So BGE, if any coasters are down, that makes things worse for the other coasters as people will be crowding in line for those.

Re: The MVC (Most Valable Coaster) by frontrow frontrow Profile at 3/9/12 4:41:15 PM
Great responses. Not only are we seeing different responses, but there are different views of how the question should be answered. From the coasters at large parks, to the coasters that put some small parks on the map and even some personal experiences. All are great responses.

The Phoenix and The Raven were mentioned and I couldn't agree more. My first visit to Knoebles was in 2001. I was aware of Twister, but The Phoenix is what inspired me to make that first visit. Also in 2001 I visited Holiday World for the first time. I remember parking in a dirt lot right by The Raven. Even though The Legend was operational by this time, Holiday World was still a small park. Once again The Raven is what inspired me to visit HW.

Some of you have debated about the coasters at Six Flags Great Adventure. When Medusa was built I had that park on my must do list. After Nitro was built I made it a priority and made my first visit. Even at that time I thought Great Adventure was a top 5 park. Now with Superman, Kinda Ka, and El Toro, SF Great Adventure has become my favorite park. I try to visit at least every other year. I just love that place.

As for the other big park, Cedar Point, 3 coasters come to mind. Magnum inspired my first visit in 1989, and at that time it was the Goliath of all coasters. It really fueled my passion in coasters when I was 13 years old. As I stated before on this forum, Millennium Force is the coaster that inspired me to further my travels in search of a coaster as good or even better. Top Thrill Dragster was another ground breaker, but due to the fact that MF was built only 3 years before, and All the first season problems the had with it, it actually delayed my first ride until 2004. It was another huge innovation, but not as great as the other 2.

Some mentioned The Texas Cyclone. For me the coaster that inspired me to drive from PA to Texas and take a rollercoaster tour of the state was Titan. When SFMM built Goliath, I was waiting for a sister to be built by Givinola. I have yet to make it to SFMM, but Titan still resides on my top 10 steel coaster list. My tour of Texas was one of the best coaster trips and one of the most memorable. The Texas Cyclone was the pleasant surprise of the trip. It was a fantastic ride, It's a shame that's its gone.

When the announcement was made of Intimadtor 305 and Intimadator were made, Kings Dominion and Carowinds became priority #1 in 2010, and both were very impressive and sit in my top 10 steel coaster list.

As I reevaluate the question I asked, what is The Most Valuable Coaster, I realize that I can't decide on a single answer, but I'm filled with a lot of great memories. The question now is what is the next coaster that will be mentioned in a thread like this? For me It's Leviathan, but I'll have to ride it before I can put it in this catergory. Thanks for reading.
Ken